Another New Poll :) Equipment Cathe has used in workouts, that you like to use in your workouts?

What equipment do you like using in Cathe workouts (including CatheLive)

• Boss Bands, Boss Loops, or both

Votes: 22 68.8%
  • Flat Long Resistance Band, Firewalker Loop or both

Votes: 29 90.6%
  • Tubing

Votes: 26 81.3%
  • Med Ball and/or Mini Ball

Votes: 16 50.0%
  • Stability Ball

Votes: 21 65.6%
  • Weight Plates

Votes: 18 56.3%
  • Jump Rope

Votes: 9 28.1%
  • High Step

Votes: 21 65.6%
  • STS Bars and/or FitTower (turbo tower included)

Votes: 10 31.3%
  • Barbell

Votes: 20 62.5%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

aqua girl

Cathlete
OK, so I decided to try this......I had to revise it, leaving out some equipment and grouping some items together in order to only list 10 choices.......if you like using a piece of equipment, just cast a vote for it.
This could be kind of interesting too!

ETA: I didn't list hand weights, cause, well, we do use them most all the time! Everybody
I guess likes dumbbells! :)

Last edited:
If you want, you can post below other things not listed above, like ankle weights, foam roller,
or stuff we haven't used yet, but probably will in the upcoming new workouts, like yoga
blocks, balance disc, etc. For example, I am looking forward to adding in exercises
using the blocks, balance disc & more uses with a foam roller. :)

Vote for as many in the poll as you want!

Voted for all!

Would like to add: discs, dixie cups, spin bike, heavy bag, stepper, balance disc, bosu ball, high step, foam roller, boxing gloves, dip bars, round yoga mat (wish it came larger for us taller gals), bench.

So......basically any toy Cathe can make fun for me. I buy and use it all.

Maybe a multipurpose cardio, where you could use your treadmill, spin bike, rower, x-c ski machine, step, elleptical, etc. I don't know what that would look like but if anyone could create one, it'd be Cathe! (No pressure hee hee :rolleyes:)

Maybe a multipurpose cardio, where you could use your treadmill, spin bike, rower, x-c ski machine, step, elleptical, etc. I don't know what that would look like but if anyone could create one, it'd be Cathe! (No pressure hee hee :rolleyes:)
Good idea. Sometimes when I do a blender of STS #1, you know on the warmups, the
guys use bikes and she says to use your favorite type of cardio equipment, etc., I have
done that before, using bike or elliptical to warm up, that was a neat idea…..

someone could use a treadmill, someone a bike, someone an elliptical & someone
a rower (something like that) and you could follow whoever you wanted…intervals
of that with other exercises using all the other toys above. Man, that would be a
dream workout for me! :):)

ETA: I didn't list hand weights, cause, well, we do use them most all the time! Everybody
I guess likes dumbbells! :)
I love my dumbbells. Prefer using them to a barbell for most exercises. I like using my 0.5 kg wrist weights too. I either use them as light hand weights, or to add incremental weight along with my dumbbells or barbell. I couldn't do without my yoga blocks. I use them a lot for mobility/yoga exercises. Also, foam roller but doing exercises with it, not just rolling. And the heavy bag and boxing gloves are good when you just want to punch something hard. :)

I use the ropeless jump rope and just bought the mini ball, might try it next week. I use my stationary bike on recovery weeks, but mostly stay away from machines. No space for them. Otherwise, I use all the listed toys. Another basic for me is the foam roller, for 1 1/2 years, I have used it a lot.
My friend just started resistance training, and loves tubing and bands, using them exclusively for now.

Those incremental weights really help me "grow" my weight increases in a reasonable & safe manner. I also use yoga blocks much more than I thought I would. I even use a block to support my head when lying on my side for some exercises.

Does anyone use therapy balls, tennis balls or lacrosse balls for trigger point therapy? I just started using them more regularly in the past 2 years. I found them too intense and painful before - just like foam rollers.

I use the ropeless jump rope
Me too:). I just love that thing! You can keep it completely low impact or ramp it up
if you want & never worry about tripping!! :)
How does the rope-less jump rope work? Is it different than using a "pretend" invisible rope?

I use an actual jump rope, but am on carpet and sometimes it hits the carpet weird and causes me to trip a bit. But I always assumed the rope-less rope was the same as a pretend rope. Thanks!

Well, I guess it is kind of pretend…there’s no rope going under your body, or over your
head. But, there are shorts”ropes” coming from the handles with little or bigger balls
on the ends and the ”ropes” twirl around like a real rope would. So I feel it‘s closer
to a real rope than nothing at all. I have several, my favorite is the Spri cordless speed
rope, it’s very lightly weighted, and another one I got from Amazon which I really like
as well has weights in the handles. The one I really would love to have is CrossRope’s
cordless set which is interchangeable with their different weighted “cordless” ropes.
The least expensive set comes with the handles, 1/4 lb cordless ropes & 1/2 lb cordless
ropes. Kinda’ pricey tho’.

Voted for all!

Would like to add: discs, dixie cups, spin bike, heavy bag, stepper, balance disc, bosu ball, high step, foam roller, boxing gloves, dip bars, round yoga mat (wish it came larger for us taller gals), bench.

So......basically any toy Cathe can make fun for me. I buy and use it all.
Haha emphasis added!!

But definitely use my foam rollers, both my step mat and round yoga mat, Cathe gloves, regular step, boxing gloves, and BOSU!
Does anyone use therapy balls, tennis balls or lacrosse balls for trigger point therapy? I just started using them more regularly in the past 2 years. I found them too intense and painful before - just like foam rollers.
YES! I have not only grown accustomed to them I have adapted needing them! I also use a hard 8# med ball for therapy too!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.