Taking it to the Max-- June 2013 thru...

Lady Lep I was sore in my butt to! I loved it. That's is what I did was go as fast as I could with the best form I could. I felt to get the HR up I must go fast .. If that makes since. Today I think I am suppose to do plyo HIIT 1 the high impact one. But I will be back to let you all know how it goes I am scared of those because of the jumping on and off the step , I am always afraid of twisting something like my ankle or something

Hi!!
I only got in 17 min of LIHI chest triceps and shoulders: premix one set and no finishers. It was all I had time for. I wish I had time for more it was tough but good! I only have up to 25# dumbbells' but 30s are coming for Christmas! My thighs and bum are screaming at me! It was hard just going down and getting up on the step to do chest work! I am not sure what I can handle tomorrow. I'd like to do low impact 2 but I'm just not sure my legs can do it.

Well, it was a nice 2 weeks of being sick free in our house: JTrain has a fever, so the cookies I made late last night for tonights Christmas party that JTrain and CDawg were going to, got eaten by the healthy ones around here. Healthy, maybe "winter well" is a better description, Little K and I are still coughing up a storm and B and Little K both have runny noses.

Renee, I feel the same way!! Fearing to twisty ankle!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi girls! Sounds like we all are busy with RWH! Today was back, bis and shoulders for me. This one felt less intense than the other UB workout, but my bis will probably feel it tomorrow since i used 20s for all the concentration curls. Yesterday was lo impact HiiT 2 and abs 1. That one is way less intense than the other HiiTs, imo.

Renee-- i think moving as fast as you can is what i would do in this case, since the goal is a super high heart rate. Did you do plyo 1? That is no step but it is INSANE! Hope you are all done with the sickies now! :oops:

Ladylep-- i have been sore, too! The plyo cardio 1 made my butt and legs sore on the same day as the workout. Sorry to hear of still more gunk in your house! Hoping you all are healthy for Christmas!

So glad that today was the last day of school for two weeks! Yay!

Happy friday!

K

Wow lady Lep hate you guys are having fevers again. And you are still coughing ! I hope u get better soon! Hope the cookies turned out good.

Katie wow that is crazy! 40 pound dumb bell? Awesome! Was that for the plié squats ? The ones u pick up in the middle and set back down? Geez I just made it to 20 pounds! Lol I was so proud of that! Ha I was shaking after that even! You go girl! Now I feel like a weakling. But I just really started using heavy here recently anyway so I guess I have to give it time. Lol. I remember starting with Cathe heavy for me on bicep was 8 pounds and now I can do 15. So I think that is progress. Eek ! Is it?

Gosh y'all I can tell I have NOT been doing cardio much at all! Cause on the rotation was plyo 1 it was not the step like I thought it was the mat again and in this one she does one hand burpees. And lots of jumps. Gosh o thought I'd like it and would but it hurt the shit out of my feet but I think it is cause I gained some weight back or something. I just feel like I have. When I gain I get to feel it in my feet it seems. It was burning them so had to change shoes in the middle of it. I need to find some cushion. Grr. I need to go jogging I guess that seems to be less hurtful on my feet! Problem is dogs out there now! Big ones I hate that! Oh well okay anyway have back bi and shoulders tomorrow! Love that kind of workout I love working my biceps for some reason.

Katie - it sounds like I'm trailing behind you in workouts!! I did low impact 2 with bonus abs 1 and yes I agree it was less intense than low impact 1.

Slow to start day, we all slept in until 8:30 even Little K!! The 3 younger boys got all their Christmas gifts made for the grand parents: I had $2 ornaments with inserts for pictures for Little K to give, I took his pic and completed those, B painted his ceramic items and CDawg made chocolate dipped pretzels! JTrain was in bed all day, he's making candles again this year, but will be decorating the glass the candles go in with monograms.

I was able to help them with all that, get in a workout and run some errands. Now I'm working on making chocolate covered chocolate chip cookie dough after I made the dough for the currant cookies (needs to sit overnight since it uses spelt flour). Talk about Damage Control needed!!

I'm not sure what I will do tomorrow. Maybe one of the circuits or I was thinking about bis back and shoulders, like you Katie, did today! :)

Off to finished up the cookie dough balls!

I think I'll not be able to move my arms tomorrow!! Today for me was back biceps shoulders! I really WISH I can go heavier when we do the deltoid flys but I am SO weak there!!! I can ONLY do 8 pounds!! Had to go to 5 on last set because I wanted to go slower and concentrate on the muscle more. I think I need to work on that area more on my own even to get the muscle memory better. I really liked how she did the one laying down on the bench because that helped me recruit the deltoid muscle more I think. Well I think I will use only the step tomorrow for the HIIT 2 tomorrow! Have a great night everyone!!

hi girls! sorry is was off of here yesterday. yet another concert with the kids. I was SO SORE in my upper body yesterday that I could not believe it! sounds like you were feeling that too, renee! today for me was plyo hiiT 2 and abs 1, and then I did 35 mins of yoga. that HiiT made my legs feel like bricks! was not as intense as the plyo 1, but still, cathe's pace is just insane. glad I got that one over with! now time to clean the house and go grocery shopping.

ladylep-- are you doing the totally ripped with HiiT rotation, too? would be nice to do it together! sorry JTrain is still sick:-(. I hope you all are healthy for Christmas! same deal with treats here as of yesterday. we made vegan gingerbread and then bought vegan truffles-- bad idea!!

renee-- hope your upper body feels better today, but it was hard to even get in and out of my coat yesterday! feeling some better today. wondering how you will like the HiiT. I did use two risers and could not keep up with cathe's pace on the jumping ones from side to side on the step-- thought I might fall and land on my rear!

alright, better get moving!

Back Biceps and Shoulders 52 min complete! Couldn't do the "finishers" after the sets completely and I only had 25# dumbbells for the one arm rows, wish I had 30s and 35s. And concentration curls I could only do a few at 20# and then had to drop down to 15#. I would do 6 or so at 20 and then have to drop to 15. And for the last set I could only do 15s for the whole set. But I'll work up to it!

Renee- I could only do 8# for the deltoid flys too!!

Katie- I am not purposely doing a rotation, but maybe I am and don't even know it! I was thinking about Legs tomorrow. I will have to look at the rotations and see which one I'm doing! Ha!

Here is what I've done:
Th- low impact 1
F- chest tris shoulders premix 17 min, one set each no finishers (I know this was shorter that what would have been in a rotation! But I just ran out of time)
S-Low impact 2 with abs 1
Su-Back Bis Shoulders

JTrain is feeling better and started working on his Christmas gifts this morning. Little K, JTrain and I stayed home from church today, we are all coughing now. Church was going to be great today too: the kids' choir is doing their performance at the 11 o'clock service, CDawg was an usher. Oh well, at least half of us were there!

OK, need to get in the shower and finish my chocolate cover cookie dough bites for tonight's cookie exchange!

Hi all today was a rest day for me and I was needing it! I still have issues with my stomach but my doctor thinks on top of the stomach virus before that I was having issues so he thinks I may have some gal bladder issues or ulcers. Not sure so he is suggesting I lower the fat intake, ( my bulletproof coffee is out now) it can be hard on the gal bladder and ulcers but if it still hurts in a few days I need to go back. Need more test with a GI .
But anyway I also still am somewhat weak but I did do the best I could on the biceps back and shoulders yesterday. The deltoid a is always so sucking! Lol Well anyway loving these workouts! I am hoping to get this stuff going and get better before my hysterectomy in January, coming up soon to!
I am sore today in my biceps and I freakin LOVE it! I always love getting sore from a workout. I never get sore hardly but these are really getting the job done! Dear hubby bought me two 25 pounders yesterday to for Christmas and I got to use them yesterday for bent over one arm rows! Loved it!! Awesome last round I was fried!!
Lady Lep 20 pounds for biceps? You and Katie are making me feel so weak! I only could do 15 and I did 8 with concentration curls with 15 pounds then had to drop to 12 to finish It out!! I wonder How long I should have gained strength? How long does it take? I mean to lift heavy for me in 2011 I discovered Cathe and I thought I'd die lifting 8 for biceps lol now I'm up to 12 and 15 but should I be heavier by now? Or I might not cause I have not lifted continually either I didn't like lifting yet. I would do cardio more or when I lifted I didn't try to go heavier then that till the past I guess when x train came out is when I started lifting heavy then STS so do you all think I have gained strength at a desert rate or should it be faster? I am pushing myself. I love lifting now to where I am starting to like it more then cardio! Kind of confused on if I'm progressing right. Now I did slow down about three weeks before this series cause felt depressed and burnt out.
So glad little K and Jtrain both are doing well and no more spreading sickness! Poor kids, I know they are glad.
Katie was plyo HIIT 2 hard to jump on and off the step? I'm afraid to twist an ankle. I saw u jump side to side over the top of it! I can't even jump over my mat let alone clear my step! I am just gonna go to end of step and jump over step simulating jumping the step but I will not be near my step just at the end of it and jump as high and side to side as I can till I get u fat and jump high enough. My feet hurt on HIIT plyo 1!! I bet this one is gonna kill them to.?
What was the weights in circuit u used upper circuit in relation to the heavy lifting workouts? I am trying to guesstimate my weights I need for that workout

Have awesome night

Renee, I have always been strong. I'm 5'9"with a med. to lg build, large hands and broad shoulders. My one rep max for xtrain had me meeting or exceeding Cathe's wt except1 or 2. I can't remember what they are, but there were some today, again I can't remember, that I was glad all I had were 25s, but the others where I wish I had 35s and 40s. And where were the shoulders today? I did back bis and shoulders...

So it looks like I should do plyoi 1 tomorrow but I also thinking legs looks really good!!

WW meeting tomorrow night, I'm afraid of the scale!!

I think the shoulders was only the rear delts cause the shoulders was heavy in the other one we did with chest and triceps ? Well I guess that might count for something then to you are taller and all I am only 5 ft 1 and 1/2 I have to add the 1/2 and I have small to medium bones. And tiny wrists and hands and feet actually I think the only thing on me real tiny is the hands and feet lol I carry my weight in my boobs! Imagine that a short person with dolly boobs. I lose weight I lose some boobs so I like that but latley they are hanging around a lot still. Oh I also carry weight in my belly to but my boobs hide it good. But then again that can make u appear even chunkier in some clothes. And if I gain 5 pounds it looks like 10 yuk .. Oh well.

I was wondering if that could have been it

Renee, So if you put your left hand around your wrist, what fingers touch? My middle and ring fingers just touch my thumb, not even close for my index and pinky fingers...just to give you an idea. But I do fit into size 8 or 10 depending on what it is. My boobs were A before kids, went up to DD with pregnancy, now about a B sorta. To my husband's dismay!! I'm a med or lg for anything on top because of my shoulders, jackets have to be lg or 12.

hi girls! another busy day-- trying to get everything ready for Christmas-- but still got my workouts in. sleep has been pretty rough still, too. ugh. anyway, did RWP upperbody-- chest, shoulders and tris. those finishers really sting! I could only use 20s on the chest flys as I only have one 25 and one 30. really need to invest in more weights. the barbell I had was 38 lbs, and I stuck with that for all the shoulder work and then the skull crushers/tris. I bet I will feel this workout tomorrow! guess I am lucky I am scheduled for legs.

renee-- you have a small frame and it only makes sense that you would lift less. I have always been bigger in my upper body-- ladylep, that test you mention with fingers around wrist. only my middle and ring just touch, too, and the others are not even close. I have strong legs, too, and core, but the problem is I am too bulky over all of it!:p my core is strong from ashtanga and all the headstands and arm balances, but the weight over everything needs to go! I sure hope you get some answers about your GI issues :-(. that is no fun at all! especially before you have to go in for your surgery. hoping you are feeling good today!

ladylep-- hope you all are getting better! you have been sick in your house for too long! which workout did you end up doing today? I was grateful I didn't have to jump around today-- but there will be more of that tomorrow and Wednesday! hope the WW meeting went well!

hope everyone has a good night! I wish Melissa would pop back on here again!

katie

Hi no workout today had to work late and usually off tomorrow but girl called in said her kids are sick so they need me to work for her. I do not mind. I need the money. Tomorrow is a day we work 8-7 so it will be long day. Hope I get a workout in! I am hoping to get up early in the morning to do one. And then I plan on doing all of week two so I can just do it. Seems if I take a rest day as schedual something comes up and I end up with to many rest days! Yet my body is still sore lol. So maybe it's ok? lol
Oh my yes my wrist are small I can wrap my hand around it but my hands aren't long either. But my finger to give u an idea my ring figure is 4and 3/4 so not even size 5. I have a 5 but some days it can be to loose. But like I said that and feet are all that's small it seems. I miss the days I could wear a 3 jeans, now I am a 6 and some size 8. And to me if u are short I should be about a 4 or 5. My shirts are large and some medium. But I was before Cathe up to a 12 so over these years I have been slowly moving back down !! So I'm doing something right. I'm not losing a lot of pounds but I'm not caring about that. I just want to be strong, healthy, curvy, firm, lean. I'd love to look like a muscle girl lol. Oh and I'd love to look young for my age. That's always the goal now.

No workout for me today, I guess really yesterday. But I did move around a lot picking up the house, and that got me slightly winded, bending down walking from place to place, dining room, play room, from hall and family room are de cluttered and ready for dusting and vacuuming tomorrow! Kitchen, well, there are 2 piles of papers my ,hot spots" as Fly Lady would call them! One by the phone chargers (which really should ONLY have the phones charging and my iPad) and one on the little table next to it and that is over flowing to the floor! And I did a few pieces of it tonight, since I really don't want to just bag it all and get it out of the way because it will end up in the mud room which already had bags of piles that I moved due to entertaining! My arms are somewhat sore from yesterday, and I'm still a littl sore in the hips and bum. Tomorrow, I'm not sure, I may just do plyo 1 because it's short, but it sounds intense so I'm a little afraid of it! Or I may do legs. I'm really not sure, it depends on time and how I feel. I'm getting to bed so late and JTrain has a low fever 100 again tonight. And he still has s candle holders to finish painting and then fill them with wax. I did a ton of wrapping tonight but I still have at least 10 more to wrap, finish picking up, clean, etc.

I finally stepped on the scale this morning, and it felt like a LONG time but it had only been since Thursday. Well,no surprise I'm up 5.4. But I've been eating so many sweet! Today I only had hot chocolate while I was wrapping, 2c whole milk extra cocoa and a few semi sweet chocolate chips. But no cookies!! The cookies are actually hiding behind my wedding dress in my closet on the floor. Little K tends to wake up the earliest and helps himself to "breakfast". So we will see what the scale will tell me tomorrow. Hopefully down a bit. How often do you all weigh yourself? I'm an every day person, I know that if I don't I will pile on the wt. but I'm rethinking that because my BB coach recommends not doing that. I don't want to weeks and weeks w/o stepping on the scale, but maybe every other day? I have heard that if you are trying to lose it should be every day but if you are maintaining it should be 1x a week.

Sickness is still here in full force! Not just JTrain now by Hubby has a cold with a sore throat! I'm still coughing as is Little K.but we had our lungs listened to and ears checked out today and they are all fine, so it.s just a bad cold with a lingering cough. Plus I did 3 workouts in a row, so I'm ok with a rest day today. I just hope tomorrow doesn't turn into one too...

Ok it's 2am, I need to go to bed! 7/8am is going to come very fast, and I have a big list for tomorrow just like you guys!

hi girls! writing before my workout as who knows when I will get a chance to sit at the computer again today! I will be doing legs here in a minute, maybe add in some yoga, but not sure. last night I was up again:mad::(. I have been falling asleep around 11 and waking at 3 and then not able to get back to sleep again until just before the alarm goes off. so frustrating! especially since the kids are on break and now is the time I could catch up on sleep! oh well. hopefully the workout won't feel too terrible on crummy sleep.

renee-- I cannot even imagine wearing a size 3! I have always been an 8/10, depending on the clothes maker. my sister is a 0, which is beyond incredible to me. I have never been that small! anyway, hope you had some time for a workout today-- sounds like a long day at work!! which rotation are you following?

ladylep-- sounds like you have been busy cleaning and organizing! so glad I did that on sunday-- it took the whole day! I always need things cleaned for the holidays. anyway, I sure hope you al feel better soon! that is no fun at all! especially around Christmas when you have things to do and want to enjoy the down time, it is no fair to be sick! maybe a rest day is what you need!

alright. better get my weights set up. hoping I can keep up with what I used last week, but feeling pretty out of it right now.

have a good day all!

katie

Quick update here: I did Plyo 2 and boy was that hard!! I couldn't keep up with a few of them including the burpees and did only 1 or so of the tuck jumps!! I was huffin and puffin!! JTrain is still pretty sick, Hubby has a runny nose, Little K and I are still coughing up a storm. I didn't get much cleaned today except for the powder room! I was trying to keep tea and meals going. I didn't even touch the laundry, which is getting backed up...

Tomorrow I'm thinking about legs. :)

hi again girls! legs felt absolutely brutal today! I still pushed through all the reps and cardio, and used heavy weights (matched cathe on each exercise), but I felt totally fried-- much worse than last week when I did it. anyway, tomorrow is supposed to be a rest day, but I am going ahead with the schedule so that I can take Christmas day off. I have low impact hiit 1 plus cardio 2 on the planner.

so, ladylep, did you do plyo 2 or 1? 1 has the one armed burpees and moves so fast that I can't believe it. 2 is plenty intense, too, but 1 seems like a total killer. just wondered since you mentioned the burpees, but on second thought, there are burpees in the 2nd one, too! so sorry to hear of the sickness hanging on:-(. oh, and I forgot to mention about the weighing thing. I actually don't even own a scale, and go by how my clothes fit. I am probably in the minority on that one, though! I think I would obsess over it too much if I had a scale-- though, I guess that would keep me motivated.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.