~*CHEETAH'S Runnin' Free Friday*~

meatlessinca

Cathlete
HAPPY FRIDAY!!!

We’re home from Maui now, darn it… LOVED our vacation. Our anniversary was actually in May but we booked this celebration trip around the half marathon…lol... Thanks for all the nice words re: my half marathon – youse all are totally the best! I never got a chance to post again the past few days and I wasn’t able to load our pictures to my lap top either since my technologically challenged DH did not pack the charging cord to the camera nor the usb cord to load the photos DOH! Oh well, I just now uploaded a few shots of where we stayed to pic trail for ya’ll to take a peek if you wish. We had a great time swimming, eating and just loafing around. I did manage another run on the beach walk on Tuesday after the Sunday half but my legs were like lead so I only got in about 3 miles and then headed to the hotel gym for weights. I think the weekday CAB consumption leaded my legs! LOL…..

Here’s the link to the pics (I just loaded some and have not put in descriptions or anything):

http://www.picturetrail.com/sfx/album/view/20577934

Cathy – Woah, I’m lol’ing at the wuss and wooded area comment…No, no, my friend, I could not do it!...lol. much too chicken. LOVE your pic!! Awesome way to rig the light! Awe man, you’re gonna do so good in Chicago!! BTW, I have upgraded my hand held to the cool neon green amphipod …like it better. Oh yeah, and you betcha I’m bringing the ipod to Chicago. Before last year, I can’t imagine how I ever ran the other marathons, etc without it?!?!?!. I too run with the volume not so loud so I can be aware of my surroundings etc.

Wendi – That’s great about the horse qualifying! I’m sure you’ll find a way to run. The moon has been awesome, huh? I fall asleep on the couch too sometimes and then have to wake up and pour myself to bed..lol. I like to make my meals at home too…Sorry about MK but I agree - she’s in a better pain free place now…hugs…

Wendy – I have the clip thingey too for my ipod. LOVE it. I also run the headphone cord under my shirt and out the neck so I don’t accidently yank em out with my arm movement whilst running. I have a neoprene version of the holder though – it also has a pivoting clip. Sorry about the Beach Body Coaching – sounds like you’re making the right decision for you though and that is what matters most. Hey, great job on 15 miles!!!! see? you are so on your way to breezing through the marathon!

Carole – HEY ! How bout’ dem COWBOYS! Yeah buuuhhdee! Funny thing is I had to go to our hotel room to watch the game Monday because DH was afraid I may get in a fight at the pool bar since it was packed with Philadelphia fans! LOL…and we even texted DS with the reason we were watching in our room and he agreed!!?!?! WTH? does my family think I’m obnoxious about football? LMOA! Was cool to watch in HD on plasma though! Also, the game comes on at 2:30 p.m. in Hawaii…lol. Sorry about your poison oak, we’ve had our share of it around her at times. Technu is the absolute best and if you get the wash and lather it on and wait for a few minutes before rinsing, it helps to wash the oils away. I hope you feel better with the itchy soon.

Christine – Yeah, I get tired like that too sometimes and all my selves rush in to negotiate the snooze button. Oh well, sometimes we need the extra rest and you have been putting in some serious miles on that bike! Good job! Sorry “he” is in the shop though…lol. Hey, if DH is in Budapest….??!?!?!? Where IS the UPS person? LOL

Shelly – Congrats on the new job!! Knew you’d get it though. I bet you’re anxious to get back on a regular working routine too. Your running routes sound divine! As does your new gym equipment!

Jackie – You’re not obsessed with workouts! It takes great discipline to stay focused and consistent with workouts – rock on sista! DBF is just saying that cuz really he’d like to be as committed as you are! lol.

Karen – SOOOOO happy to hear the good news about your mom! I agree with Shelly, you’re a great supportive daughter to your mom and I’m sure that makes all the difference. Sorry about your calf soreness – hope it feels better soon.

Linda – You make perfect sense about the hills. I’m a bit concerned myself that Chicago is so flat and most of my training is hilly. I’m really slow on the hills too..lol. I have to drive to find flatter land and I think that is what we’re going to do this next Tuesday for our 20 miler….BTW, I love the floor work and abs of B&G – I reach for that often.

Dallas – WOW! So happy to hear about your MIL’s news! Thanks for the street name spelling tip! I have tried the orange ginger and lemon lime NUUN ( cathy ;) ) and both are good! I like how my stomach doesn’t get all sloshy the way the sweetened stuff does.

Gloria – Sorry you’re not feeling good. Hope you can get better! Too funny about the Ranch Style Beans – I too saw some in the store on sale and considered getting a couple of cans to smuggle in my suitcase to Chicago for Dallas since she was looking high and low for them a while back…lol..

Ok, time to get posted as my eyes are heavy and my head is bobbing…lol…. Have a wonderful Friday, ladies!

POSH :D

Last edited:
Morning ladies!

Thanks, Posh, for the thread title this morning...definitely brought a smile to my face. Thank you ladies for your thoughts. I can't tell you how wonderful it is to know that I've got you gals here....{{{HUGS}}}!

Fly by for me right now, I'm afraid. Today is my mandatory Friday rest day...hate Fridays:mad:. Have to get to work early cuz we have someone coming to try a couple of horses early this morning. I should have time to post tonight though.

The wake will be tomorrow night and possibly Sunday, too (not too clear on that one yet) and a private service on Sunday as well. So if I'm MIA it's because I'm trying to squeeze everything in.

Ack, gotta jet! Love you ladies!

Good morning, cheetah honeys! :) Happy Friday!

Posh ♥ Welcome back, dear! Maui looked gorgeous, and it sounds like you had a well-deserved, wonderfully relaxing time. Now how come no photos of you (other than your pedi'd tootsies)? I haven't seen the neon green Amphipod—mine is the yellow one, but I'm very pleased with it, too. I do the same with my headphone cord...Hmm, so you think, too, us training on hills will actually be a detriment on Chicago's flat course? I thought it would feel (slightly) easier, but I definitely do understand Linda's point and hadn't thought of that.

Wendy ♥ Sounds like a good move to step away from BB. It wouldn't have been for me, either. Gotta be aggressive about sales, and that's not me. When I worked retail in HS and college, I think I won one monthly sales competition purely by dumb luck. I just never could push sales on people. Hate when it's done to me. If an outfit didn't look right, I steered the customer away from it. At one clothing store, they wanted us to encourage sales of their pantyhose, so at the register, we were supposed to ask, "Do you need any hose today?" I always felt silly asking that. Anyway, good gig you got there for the weekend...Good thing I wasn't mid-sip when I read your post. I would've sprayed the keyboard. Wear the head lamp out? I'm trying to NOT be a freak magnet, girl! :) I have not had a chance to put the lace locks in yet, but I will try 'em out at some point this weekend and let you know. Definitely no hiatus from running post-marathon. But I haven't really thought too much about what's next.

Carole ♥ I've decided to go back to REI today and exchange the head lamp for one with a strap. How's the poison oak today?

Christine Thanks—I am back to relative normalcy sleep-wise. For me, that's early to bed, early up. No, it's not the new shoes per se, but just dress shoes in general and going back to being on my feet all day that has exacerbated some of the issues. I did not know that about bikes being either male or female. Wow, DD sure bounced back quickly. Oh, I love Budapest—gorgeous city! Cracked up at Posh's comment about the UPS man. :)

Shelly Ooh, very nice to have your preferred schedule. Thanks re: the blog. *lol* about the head lamp. I should be worried, huh?...So what heinous color combination did you cover up yesterday?

Jackie Thought maybe DBF would try to show you up. :) Yep, that is what's nice about hangin' with the cheetahs. No one thinks you're loco for the exercise addiction or dedication to training. Thanks re: my weirdo pic. :)

Karen I hope your calf is feeling better today. Oh, don't put that photo to my name, please! *lol* There's a more normal one on my profile page. Any movement on the stones?

Linda Running in the dark might be a good speed technique...lol. Instead of my usual snail's pace, I was positively tortoise-like. Picture some nut with a headlamp on runnin' and lookin' over her shoulder at every russle. I see your point about the downhills...maybe that is where the walk breaks will help...Ha, I like all those desserts you mentioned—plus ice cream, too.

Dallas I bought the Berry Nuun but haven't tried it. No more experimenting for me until after Chicago...With the ball of my foot, I suspect it is the beginning stages of Morton's, as Shelly mentioned. It's manageable at the moment. I usually have pain in the early miles (anywhere from 4-8) and then it disappears. I notice it, too, when I'm wearing the heels, but it does happen even when I'm barefoot or in socks. Like if I stand on tiptoe to reach something. I hope you can figure out the orthotics. What do you wear them for? I'm sure you told me before, but I'm having a brain fog, sorry. I just bought a little foot massage ball called Rubz ($5) when I was at REI for the head lamp.

Wendi I know it is a relief that MK is now in peace, but the news is sad to hear. Hate to see someone so young taken early. Big, big ((((HUGS)))).

Gloria Ha ha! Though I was a liiiitle paranoid, I really did have a fun run and couldn't stop smiling and laughing at how absurd it felt. Great plan for the Advanced Studies class. Can't wait to hear how that goes. Some long days for us, huh, after being on-on-on in the classroom all day. How do you feel today? Several teachers in my hallway have gotten sick. Hope I can hole up in the Batcave and stay healthy. :)

I have a personal day today for the surgical consultation appointment. Chiro appointment, too. Will go for my run in the early afternoon. WP & weights of some kind are in order, too. Looks to be a gorgeous day in the making.

Enjoy!

Wendy, to add to my post above, this 'bout sums it up:

e28c360e-a5b0-451f-a878-cadaa59a4ead.jpg

*lol*

Morning!

POSH: Your vaca sounds FABULOUS! Glad you had fun. I was wondering how the half marathon came into play on your vacation. Figures you'd delay your vaca in order to be able to run the HM. Love it! :) I would have perferred a more durable hip clip other then the leather as I'm not sure how much sweat n stuff it'll hold up against but considering how long it took me to across one I wasn't going to be picky! LOL

Carole: I was so mad when I realized I forgot to check my garmin before I left on my run. GRRRR. I'm just so happy I was running close to home and knew the mileage! So you did B&G y'day...how does your bum feel this morning? Any toilet seat squealing in your future? LOL

Christine: Glad you enjoying your time alone with DD15. So does DD15 ever go sleep at a friend's house and give you time alone with DH? ;) I know what it's like to be passed out in 10 minutes! That's what I do when I nap in the afternoons. LOL I didn't sleep well last night (2nd night in a row). I was fine until about 2am when DS needed me. After that I was restless until about 5am. UGH.

Shelly: Glad you enjoyed your new home gym. Sounds fab! DH actually wants one but we have no place to put it in our tiny little house. Same goes for the treadmill that I want!:confused:

Jackie: OFCOURSE I'm taking the job! I stand to make $200 in cash for one night of work where I get to socialize with my friend too! Now that's what I'm talkin' about girl!:D

Karen: Sorry about your calf. I hope it doesn't give you trouble durning your run. Perhaps some advil prior to your run will help? Yeah the coaching thing can be a very lucrative business but I just never found 2 people to sign up under me as coaches. If I had I think things would be very different but considering the cost to become a coach, I am not surprised that people didn't want to try it. In fact, I am surprised that I even went for it! I guess I could have offered to pay the start up fee or something to make it look more inviting but I was spending too much money already! :eek: I have no idea how NEW coaches manage to get people under them??? Oh well. Not the job for me I guess! :p

Linda: Yeah it's a tough biz to get off the ground. Once you are "off" though, you can make some good money. There truly are folks who do it full time. They make enough that they could quit their regular f/t jobs! AMAZING!!! Wish it were me! My DH would never agree to my running in the dark either so don't feel bad.

Dallas: I have CCPP and have yet to try it. I'm too askeered! :eek: I will be getting back into the regular work force more and more as time goes on so you can bet your butt that DH will be helping me morearound the house as I do!!! He did when I worked f/t pre-DS so he DEFINATELY will again!:)

Wendi: (((HUGS))) I'm glad your friend finally passed and that it was peaceful.

Gloria: Sorry you were coughing during your run. You can do weights while you wait out the cough if you want. Glad your Advanced Studies session went well.

Hey, I'm all caught up! It's a miracle!!!!:D:D:D

Today's work out will be a run and possibly some more CTX upper body.

BBL!

Cathy: Hey girl. We were posting at the same time. LMBO at the pic you posted of the 2 guys. Yeah, that's about right. When me and BF used to go clubbing and to bars, we ALWAYS had the guy on the right approach us while we were ogling the guy on the left!:confused: Don't think of the head lamp as a freak magnet. Think of it as a conversation piece. ;) So how quickly is it suggested that you do your first recovery run after a full marathon?? I'm not an aggressive seller either. I should have known I'd fail miserably as a coach but to be honest, I went into it rather blind. I wasn't aware how much was involved. I have to wonder if I wasn't told on purpose?? Hmmm....

Happy Friday Cheetahs!!!!

Shelly – hope you are settling in well! Congrats on your new gym! It sounds wonderful! When do you start your new job?

Jackie – That’s one thing about living in the Bay Area – with so many different kinds of people living here we have all kinds of restaurants. But, I do have to be careful in many places. With my 55 mile ride on Sunday, I’m taking it easier this week to be able to ride strong. :p

Karen – sorry about your calf! Not fun at all! Stretch, stretch, stretch, but I’m sure you know it. And stop if it hurts. You don’t want to push through a run when in pain – it’ll make it worse. But again, you know that. :p

Linda – I so enjoy snuggling under the covers in the cooler weather. I’m looking forward to tomorrow when I can sleep in! I enjoy one-on-one time with DD15. She’s too funny.

Wendy – Yay! On the catering helping. You’ll enjoy that. Have fun tonight! Oh, sorry you did not sleep well two nights in a row. Hope you can get in a nice nap before your catering tonight. DD15 does sometimes sleep over at friends. She was also gone for almost 2 weeks in July, and might go on a Drama Trip in Feb to Hollywood. We’ll see about that one. It’s relatively inexpensive, and I was thinking it would be a good time for DH and I to spend some time in Napa. ;)

Dallas – DD19 is back in college now. That was her summer job. She’s enjoying her time away from mom and dad. :D Coach Sean is one of my friends, too. He’s so cute and nice.

Wendi – {{{HUGS}}} Sorry to hear MK passed away. I’ll keep her and her family in my prayers. I am glad to hear she is free from her pain, though. Hope today goes fast!

Gloria – it’s that nasty cough that gets to me! Hope it goes away soon! Yes, rest, I’ve found with some illnesses, working out just makes them worse.

Thomasina – Totally cool pics of Hawaii!!! I think we stayed at the same hotel! :p Glad it was a wonderfully relaxing vacation even with the half! And you cannot be faulted for the cab consumption – heck girl, you were on vacation! “He’s” back from the shop. The UPS guy is on his way – but I’ve been pretty good this time – I only ordered ONE Spinerval! And it’s a recovery one. :eek: Amazing. Although I am considering some clothes.

Cathy – Enjoy your personal day, although it sounds like its filled! I can see dress shoes and being on your feet all day would be killer. Yeah, DD is a healthy little thing (well, not so little she’s 5’6). She still has the cough, but it’s not too bad. I have never been to Budapest. I would so love to go. Two more years and DD15 will be in college and I can travel with DH. :D Oooh, love the beefcake. Well, the one on the left! And that photo of the scale – is PRICELESS!!!! :D:D:D:D

I’m feeling a lot better today. Yesterday’s easy day did me good. I have my bike! So today will be a light ride on the trainer. I had a new odometer with a cadence meter on it while the bike was in the shop, so I’m anxious to check it out. It reaches to the back tire so I can count my miles on my trainer. But I do want to go light. Have a fabulous Friday everyone!

Good morning cheetahs

Cathy...good idea exchanging the headlamp for one with a strap. The oak is better today, the afternoons are the bad times. I am still contemplating a cortisone shot. Hope your appts go well today. Enjoy your run, WP and weights. Loved the pic of the 2 guys, so true. The scale one sure made me laugh!!

Wendy...LOL, I am a fan of scratching a mosquito bite til it bleeds myself!! Poison oak/ivy would drive you nuts!! Glad the fuel belt worked well. I do have some bum pain this morning. Gotta love B&G for that!!

Christine...I never did get to the Dr for the poison oak. I do take an antihistamine daily so I didn't want to mix that with Benadryl and yes, that knocks me out. I probably should have been able to sleep better as the itch gets worse in the evening. Next time I am near poison oak, I will wash with the Technu as soon as possible. The Gauntlet is a fun one...Enjoy your time without DH. LOL at Posh's UPS comment!!! Glad you are feeling better today, Have fun with your light ride.

Shelly...thanks for the compliment, you are a sweetie...:D...I am currently at about 29 weekly miles. I actually had a thought about the Napa marathon (March) as I have run it twice and if things continue well I will have my miles up there for the start of training. I have been running about a 10 min pace. Intervals will get me about 9:45 but Wed I was cruising along at a 9:40 pace and it didn't seem hard at all! Poison oak is better today, it is just ugly. And stupid me, I tried bleach (it did cut the itching) on it Tues when I wanted to scratch my arm off. So now it is the oak and a burn...:(...Glad to see you are enjoying 4DS in your new gym...:)

Wendi...my sympathies for MK, I know it is nice to know the pain is finally gone...I hope you can enjoy your rest day somewhat.

Gloria...Way to go scoring the Ranch Style beans!! I will be happy to PM/email you the recipe. I have not had poison oak this bad in a long time...I think as I have aged I might be more sensitive to it for some reason. Sorry the run was not a good idea. It is always a battle for me if I should exercise when feeling bad or not...

Posh...beautiful Maui pics!!! Thanks for posting the link. Yep dem Cowboys are going great!!! LMAO on DH and DS agreeing you should stay in your room for the game...:D..:D..I should have showered with the Technu after being exposed to the oak sunday, but after the nasty sneezing attack I had, I was just to tired and forgot about the poison oak!

Jackie...I wish we had better, healthy restaurants too. I rarely go out to eat. I hear there is one that has some Vegan food coming soon, that might be an option. I am feeling B&G today...:)...Good job with iTread and Yoga yesterday.

Karen...stretching the calf should help. Do you have a foam roller? That really gets in the muscle good. My massage therapist always says my calves are tight. My DH said the other day that it is beginning to be soup weather...:)

Linda...WOW! We have similar tastes as I like cheesecake (plain), carrot cake and dark choc (Peanut M&M's). I don't eat them often though...I am just not a fan of any other kind of pastry...yuk!! Good job with 6 miles and B&G floorwork and abs.

Dallas...good job with your CC workout. Sounds like s fun group on Facebook. I can understand with your kids sneezing that you would want to avoid MIL.

Never hit the upper body yesterday so today will be a 4-5 mile interval run and Bodymax upper only.

Have a great day...:)

Good morning everyone:D Looks like a beautiful fall day and in a bit I'll be heading out for a nice easy 4 mile run:D Painting on hold for the day... lots of shopping and chores to catch up on.

Cathy- I thought where you lived in NJ was fairly flat??? Chicago is flat as a pancake (or so I've heard) and the running stress is very different from hills but I honestly don't think you'll find it a problem! If it were reverse, you were training on flat land and running a hilly marathon, I'd say you may have a problem. Yesterday I painted our main living room area which was a lavender color with a taupe trim. The prior owner felt every little different accent had to be painted a different color. It looks like a cartoon to me! DH actually liked the living room but I painted it anyway!:p Glad to hear you are taking the day off to get things done... sounds like you need it! Got a kick out of the pics you posted... especially the scale one!

Posh- Great Maui pics!!! Hey, I'm with Cathy.... where are you?????
I was MIA for a week or so and I guess I missed your description of your HM darn it! How did it go? I bet you are busy busy getting back on track now after your vacay.

Gloria- Sorry to hear your run was aggravating that cough. Good idea to rest until it is fully resolved but I'm glad to hear you're feeling better now. My animal kids are all doing pretty well thanks! The dogs, even my old Birdy are really thriving... they love it here! It's funny you mention the Liberty Bell. I lived in Philly for 13 weeks only a few blocks away from it and I never got around to seeing it!! Was too busy with buying the new house and then travelling back and forth to it on my days off!

Wendi- Your friend is in a far better place now and has no worries or pain. Hugs to you and others who loved her tho!!!

Dallas- Out for your long run today? I bet your workout with CC helped tone those legs and made them ready... you go cheetahgirl!

Wendy- Sounds like a nice deal with your upcoming bartending job. Great timing! You're such a cutie pie I'm betting you will rake in the tips! I like your idea of a 10 miler for your last long run a couple of weeks prior.
Definitely sounds like you could use a bigger home. Wasn't your DH considering a move?

Linda- Hope you are enjoying a good rest day. How long of a run for you tomorrow?

Karen- Sorry you are still dealing with that calf strain! I do hope you play it smart and don't push it when you are truly hurting. It's not worth it!!!!! That's frustrating that your Mom is dealing with those blood thinning side effects. That isn't very unusual I'm afraid but I'm really encouraged that they are obviously monitoring her very carefully!

Jackie- My kids are handling everything pretty well thanks. I'm amazed at how well they all adapted. Except for my big male tabby cat!! He started spraying in Az while we were prepping for the move and still hasn't stopped! Loves to do this on my personal clothes in particular:( I think he is doing it less and less tho... hopefully will stop soon! I think you would love working out with a heavy bag. I think mine is about 50 lbs or so.

Christine- Glad to hear you got in a rest day and relaxed with just you and your DD. Sounds like you really needed it. I start work on Monday.
Truth be told I could definitely use another week off but with paying two mortgages I just can't afford to!:(

I think that about catches me up. Later today I'll be doing more 4DS
LIS/Shoulders and KB also I hope.

Good morning!

Posh – The pictures were beautiful! I think it was wonderful that you guys were able to do your “late” anniversary trip to coincide with the half! LOL about he CAB causing the lead in the legs :) Running in sand for me is tough, no matter what….so after a ½ marathon, coupled with the CAB….forget it! Good job on the 3 miles and the weights!

Wendi – I will be thinking and praying for you guys during this difficult time!

Cathy – LOL….I definitely think I need to run in the dark, then! I could sure use a way to speed up! Another plus for me would be that I wouldn’t be self conscious….cause nobody would be able to really see me or be able to tell who I was :) About the flat versus hills….Last year I did my half at this same course that my marathon will be, and I do remember that it felt really good to me. And they always talk about flat courses being good BQs…flat and fast. So…I am hoping it will feel good this year! And I agree with you on the walk breaks helping with that! It will change the emphasis on different muscles! Good luck at your appointments and enjoy your run this afternoon! Love the “funnies”!

Wendy – Enjoy your CTX and run! I still need to e-mail BB about my abs workout. I don’t want a defective DVD. Even though I was able to play it past that point the second time, I think there is still something “wrong” with it.

Christine – I would love to have a cadence monitor and odometer to go on my spinning bike. I don’t like not having anything to go by on how I am doing! My “real” bike is a “male” bike. LOL ….when we were “talking” yesterday….I didn’t realize you mean a “boys” bike vs “girl’s” bike (as we used to say when I was little :) ) I thought you meant you thought of your bike as a “he”. Good grief….I am rambling like an idiot! My bike a hybrid between a mountain bike and a road bike. But it is 15 years old. I really need to ride it! You are giving me the biking fever! Glad you are feeling better!

Carole – Yes, that is funny about our taste in desserts! I don’t like pastry type desserts,either! LOL….yep…I get the cheesecake plain…if there is strawberries or anything I ask for it on the side. I don’t like anything on it so that I can taste the cheesecake :) I love DC peanut and plain M&M’s and DC Snickers! But ….unlike you, I eat them often! :eek: I am bad! Enjoy your run and UB work!

Shelly – Enjoy your run and 4DS! It is really nice and fall-like here today, too! I love it! My long run this week will be 19-20.

Hey to everyone! Happy Friday!

Linda

Wendy :: Jeff has you running the very next day...I don't know if I will go for a short run that Monday, but for sure, there will be walking involved. Our flight doesn't leave til late afternoon. Beyond that, I'll play by ear but will aim for some short n' easy runs. It will be a busy week since I'll miss two days of school. Enjoy your run & ub.

Christine :: yay on getting your wheels back...Do you have any names in the running?...Cool that you will be able to track miles on the trainer.

Carole :: oh duh, sorry--you did say afternoons are when things flare. Hope the shot isn't necessary. Isn't Napa the one with monstrous hills? Have a great interval run & BM upper. You are doing great getting your speed back.

Shelly :: Nope, where I am we have some pretty decent hills. You might have heard me mention before that no matter which direction I run in, I hit them. There is one hill nearby where you can actually see the Philly skyline from the top. Sounds like I need the day off? *lol* Actually, I scheduled this personal back in July for the surgery consult. This doc doesn't ever have afternoon or evening appointments, and it was the first available appointment. Lavendar and taupe? *shudders* :) Enjoy all your workouts.

Linda :: I always felt the hill training made flat courses feel easier, but that was mostly on shorter courses (5 and 10Ks). Thanks--the chiro was just a standard adjustment, but the eye thing does have me a little nervous. I am with you in appreciating some fall-like temps. So, we will be going the distance again together this weekend. I think I am going to ditch the Sharkies this time and just go with the Power Bar.

Good morning Cheetahs!

Posh - Aren't vacations always too short? Glad you made it home safely. Sounds like you had loads of fun. Thanks for sharing the pics! Beautiful! Were those your cute little toesies? Yeah that on DBF! He'll just have to deal with it.

Wendi - Enjoy your rest day. Hope work is smooth sailing today!

Cathy - Companies are in that push mode even more so now. I never felt comfortable trying to load something off on customers just to meet a sales goal. Glad I don't have to do it now. You're so funny about your running in the dark. :D How many more runs will you have to do before sunrise? LOL at the pic! That about sums it up! :D You're killing me here. LOL!!

Wendy - It's just amazes me how some people have the gift for sales like BB and can make a good living at it. I'd be homeless if I depended on my skills to make goal. That's the way to do it! Work and have fun too! If I ever want a side job, I know the best place to look now. :D Enjoy your run!

Christine - I probably won't be on tomorrow. So, good luck with the 55 miles Sunday! I noticed yesterday when I was going to Wally World that a new restaurant is opening. It's called Healthy Living. I will definitely check this one out. Glad you're feeling better.

Carole - That would be great if you were able to do the marathon in March! Bet you're looking forward to finally run another one. Can't remember ever having poison oak either. Did have hives after a reaction to mixing two medications. I was all red for a couple of days. Know not to ever do that again. Enjoy your run and BM UB.

Shelly - When I watch HGTV, I get a chuckle out of some of the paint colors people use. Don't think I could be that brave. Sorry the tabby hasn't fully adjusted yet. My DB had to have his Jack Russell snipped because he kept using everything in the house as his fire hydrant. :D Enjoy your run, weights and KB!

I did 10 minutes on the EXT and Tracey's Sculpt Sweatfest. Boy, did she hurt me a few times. Good workout!

Going to visit DBF after work today. Won't get to post over the weekend.

Have a fantastic Friday and a wonderful weekend!

Hey Cheetahs!

I have to be quick, but promise to come back later. I'm just now eating my breakfast. Starving! I got in 10.75 miles this morning. :D My plan was 10, so I'm happy with that. My avg pace was 9.4. I did walk the last .25 only to get work out the kinks before I hopped in my car. I rushed home, made a smoothie and stretched before DS's kindergarten bus got here. Rush, rush! I'll have to leave as soon as I get the kids on the AM bus next time. I think Friday's will work nicely for long runs. It's nothing but soccer from here on out on Sat/Sun. I just have to say though thanks for the laughs Cathy!!! :D:D Love those pictures! :D:D

Better get those errands done before the older kids get home. At least gas prices are dropping a bit...glad I waited to filler up! ;)

Have a good one!

Cathy - How far are you going tomorrow? I am planning on 19-20. Let me know how you do with the Power Bar! I am planning on using the Cytomax and Shot Blocks tomorrow. I am nervous about this one, for some reason! Is the eye surgery Lasix? I must have missed your post about it. I hope it is all good! Have you tried Gu2o? It is really good also. Let me know, I ordered some individual packets and I will send you some to try!

Jackie - Good job on Sculpt Sweatfest! Enjoy your visit with DBF! Have a good weekend!

Dallas - Good job on your run! Good pace!

Hey girls.

Ofcourse I agreed to do this bartending gig with my friend and woke up in the middle of the night last night with a little bit of a sore throat. I was hoping it was a fluke but I've been feeling kinda crummy today. ARGH! My friend said to let him know if I need to cancel but I really want to be able to do this!!!! I picked up Airborne after work and just got up from a 30 minute nap. Once I get DS home and in bed I am going to lay back down or atleast just take it easy. No work out for me today. :(

BBL!

Jackie :: it's true. I hate when I have barely set foot in the store and someone is riding my tail asking me if I'm looking for anything special today. Some days I am just not in the mood to smile and deal with them. Last time I was in Ann Taylor, the one woman was HOUNDING me--was I looking for anything in particular, wasn't this piece cute, and it looks great with this, do I need any pants today, and so on. Then of course, there is always something being pitched at the registers. Which reminds me. I hate when they ask you for charity donations at the grocery store. Last time at Genuardi's I told them I was raising money for Livestrong if they would like to contribute. Glad you found a chuckle in those pics. Sad thing is that guy has prettier feet than I do right now.
th_ah.gif
*lol* I don't know how often I'll be doing the running-in-darkness thing. It's least fun when it's really cold out, but at least now I have the equipment to do it safely when I want to.

Dallas :: great job with the 10.75 today...quick pace there, lady! :)

Linda :: I am shooting for 20-22. I used the Power Bar on the last two long runs, and especially liked it on the 20. It's just a tight squeeze to fit the Sharkies AND PB in the handheld's pouch...It's not LASIK. I *am* (or was) interested in that and was approved as a candidate, but I couldn't have it done because of being on Accutane. Enough time has passed now, but this past school year was just too busy to think about that. Of course, now that this is going on, I don't know what would be wise. Today's consultation would have been for eye muscle surgery. See below. I have not tried the Gu. Do you have a favorite among all those you've tried?

Wendy :: sorry to hear you are feeling lousy. Hope you can nip it and feel good enough to rake in some moolah tonight. It doesn't sound like an easy job to pull off if you're feeling like scuz.

Well, the appointment was interesting. First of all, the receptionist (who had been kinda snooty with me yesterday when I asked her if I should bring anything) could've let me know that I was to bring my contact lenses. I didn't and subsequently had to schedule another appointment. Luckily, I was able to get an appt. on a day off from school in November. The good news is he does not want to perform the surgery because he says the muscle deviation (not the words he used probably, but I'm not sure how to describe it) is not that great. He is concerned, though, that at my age, given the muscle measurements he took, that this is happening, and I do not have better eye control. He wants to review the neuro's info and look into underlying causes. He also wants me to wear my contacts and just use my glasses when my eyes get tired. I don't think he understood that the double vision while driving is VERY disorienting, and it doesn't just occur when my eyes are "tired." I will try, but I'll keep my glasses with me at all times just in case. What he said did make sense, though, that the glasses with prisms are just a crutch that are going to let my eyes become lazier, not stronger, so they should not be a long-term fix. At the same time, I would really like to just drop the whole thing and forget about it. It's becoming a real PITA. Thanks for lettin' me ramble.

I'm back.

I tried to lay down for another nap after getting DS settled in but sleep wasn't happening so I gave up. Right before I got up though my dog banged down into the bridge of my nose with his big ol' rock head. OUCH! It made my top front teeth feel like they were vibrating and the entire area still feels funny....

So DH finally gave 2 weeks notice at the company he's been workin' for since he got into the plumbers and pipefitters union about 7 years ago. He's been sayin' he was tired of their antics for a couple of years now but just never made a move for a variety of reasons. Well, he finally got fed up enough to do it. In 2 weeks he'll going back to the hall. They should be able to send him out on a job right away but if not, he said it won't be very long at all as they are busy these days....To top it all off DH is working O/T tonight now! LOL Now that he's given his notice he is probably less enthused then ever to be at work and NOW he has an unkown amount of O/T ahead of him and on a Friday no less! Poor guy! :p

So my bartending gig isn't tonight. It's tomorrow thank goodness-have to be there around 4pm. That gives me a full 24 hours of Airborne doses before I have to do anything. :)

Cathy: Scuz? Haven't heard that term used in a while. Made me :D. I can imagine you'd be tired of dealing with all of the docs about your eye(s). You seem to be very diligent about medical visits though which is good. I, on the other hand, will put off a visit to any kind of doctor for any possible reason I can think of! I'm bad. I know it. It's not good. I haven't been to the gyn since *ahem* my 6 week post childbirth visit!:eek::confused::eek: A recovery run the day after a marathon? Um..I THINK NOT! :p The walking you will be doing around Chicago will be good for ya though. Need to loosen up the mucles a bit for the plane ride home. Do you have a tendency to get really sore after long runs?

Dallas: I hear ya on the gas prices. We have a big ol' pick up truck as a 3rd vehicle. We don't have much call for it thank goodness but DH was going to fill up the tank right before Ike hit since gas prices were at their lowest in AGES. He never got around to it. Now he's kickin' himself!
Good job on the 10+ miler this morning!:)

Jackie: I was LOL'ing at the homeless comment! Thank goodness you have bartending experience, right? ;)

Linda: Definately email BB. They should send you a new one just like they are doing for me. Don't take no for an answer!:mad:

Shelly: Yeah we are going to move outta this house....SOME DAY! LOL We are dragging our feet on putting the house up for sale. DH has stuff to do around here still that he just isn't moving on and I'm not pushing it cause the thought of potentially having our house on the market for YEARS doesn't thrill me. :(

Carole: So was it the original BM today or BM2?

Christine: Oh how exciting that you can now count your mileage on the trainer! Don't ya just love new toys? :) Alone with DH in Napa you say? Hubba-hubba!:D It's so great that your DD has opportunities (and wants to take them) to travel with her school. I was too much of a weenie to even CONSIDER anything like that! Heck I was petrified to go away to college and the school was only 90 minutes from my house!:p

Okay, I'm pretty sure that catches me up. I'm feelin' the java itch comin' on...better go make a cup! LOL

BBL!

Back again to report a change of plan. I happened to catch the weather and saw that tomorrow is going up to a high of 75, a few degrees cooler and with a bit less humidity than expected on Sunday, so I am going to take a full rest day today, go for the long run tomorrow, and follow up with a light run & some weights on Sunday. Now off to go map out a course...

Wendy :: simul-posting. :) Good that you have another day to rest and recoup. I'm surprised DH gave notice, but he sure has been bustin' his hump for a long time. I hope he'll get to enjoy less-crazy hours at the new job. Are you considering a new line of work now that DS started pre-school? I was thinking the other day that maybe you would make a good phys. ed teacher!...I am just tired of docs, in general. (No offense, Judy.) And believe it or not, I was just as bad as you are up until a couple of years ago. This chiro, especially, has prodded me to get things looked at that I would have otherwise ignored. I intended to get a 2nd opinion from another neuro and see an orthopedist about that leg length discrepancy, but I've been blowin' that off...I was mistaken. Jeff advocates a 45-minute walk the day after and a 30 min. run on day two. I'm not real concerned about that week. I will be sure to move somehow and will just do what feels good. I don't usually have any soreness after long runs, but I anticipate it may be a different story after doing the full 26.2. :) Fortunately, the flight is very short and I have more than 24 hours to recover before takeoff. I stopped and picked up the October issue of RW this afternoon and was thrilled to see it is full of marathon advice. Perfect timing!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.