*~CHEETAHS Monday, Monday...taperin'~*

meatlessinca

Cathlete
Hello Cheetah Friends!

Whew! – the days seem to be whizzing by! Friday we got soaked at the Football game, yes, we sat over 4 hours in the rain since we watch JV and Varsity games :confused:…Saturday was up early as I had cram in all my appts errands and dog grooming before we headed down to a barbeque party in Sac. It was fun and we stayed overnight but boy did I really need to stay home this weekend since we were gone last, so today I’ve been trying to play catch up. I need to get organized now because my early flight to Chicago on Friday will be here before we know it! I plan to be very good about getting the sleep I need this week too.

Oh, and again, thanks ya’ll for the kind words and prayers for our Smokey Boy – he is doing better!!! YAY! Today he is walking much better (still shaky) but he’s moving around much better, appears more alert, and is gobbling up his grain (with meds in it) in his normal piggy nickering manor. We’re not out of the woods just yet, but today we can clearly see a difference and I’ve been saying thank you prayers all afternoon! The vet comes back out on Tuesday to check him.

Ok here we go….

Cathy! Whoo hoo! Cheeee caaahhh gooow Baby!, Here we come! LOL.. First I must say I too was choked up and getting the chills reading about your “pep” rally! That sooo rocks! LOVE what the kids wrote to you too!
  • Ok, so thanks for the link for the sheddable shell – I want one! Unfortunately, I don’t think they can get it out here to me by Thursday and the shipping and tax etc. makes it $25. Sooo, I’m bringing an old sweatshirt I can toss along the way (they donate these to charity so it’s ok) but if there are the sheddable shells at the expo I’ll certainly get one there and use it instead.
  • As for gloves, I buy the 1.99 knit jobbers and just toss em’ when I’m all heated up. I had some in Arizona the same frigid day Shelly referred to.
  • The Tuscany Restaurant sounds divine! Thanks for including me and my friend and I agree, we need to eat early so 6pm works for me! And if I survive the run and/or am across the finish line by supper time on Sunday, then tagging along for pizza will be sooo awesome! You may dream about milk whilst running, but I tend to drift on what food I can have afterward and maybe the pizza enticement will help me along those last few miles….who knows?!?!…lol..
  • I’m not risking the headphone thing either. And thanks for posting the super fast marathon route – I’m sure they’ll be enough to keep me occupied instead of the ipod!
  • Dallas and Christine posted some info re: Chicago and meeting up etc. on the yahoo (I know cuz I got an email indicating) so it’s on my list to pop in there in the next day or two to give my info as well.
Ok, better get to the rest of the cheetahs before I have to get to bed! SO happy and excited for you and that you are a PUMPED up CHEETAH!!!

Gloria – Your pics are LOVELY!! Your workout room looks awesome! Cute one of the dog outside – and love the colors in the leaves!

Wendi – Monkey is fabulous! Congratulations on the show too! awe, I’m so sorry you are not feeling good. I agree, you should not be working until you can rest and get recovered! Enjoy the Fat Boy movie – loads of laughs!

Wendy – Awe, dang, sorry the knee issue has become worse! My foam roller is my friend! Hopefully you can get some relief with yours. I would really try to get some icing in there if possible…

Carole – Sorry about John, I hope he heals quickly. I wish we had a wood stove and one of these days we are going to have to get one as the cost of the propane the heat the place is insane!! Good job with your run! You really are running strong! Very inspiring! Can’t wait to meet ya’ll in Chicago! I think we are all at the same hotel too…

Christine – I’m sure ya’ll had a great day at the game. Thanks for the treadmill info – I often wonder about that myself as the last time I used my TM the side of my ankle area had a niggly ache for a day or two afterwards and I thought wth, must be the tm? Sorry about the walk and wag. Can’t wait to meet youse guys in Chicago! Like I posted to Carole, I think we are all at the same hotel too. We come into Chicago on Friday though.

Judy – Glad you’re able to get out and run again. Hope you enjoyed your family night by the fire, football and YUMMY Changs!

Shelly – Glad you like the job and the co-workers but that is too bad about the software. My friend (the one coming to run Chicago with us) is an ER nurse and I know they just had some sort of change over of charting software that has been a bit annoying and stressful for everyone too. Wooo, I’m jealous – you got a chin-up bar now! I want one lol..DS16 keeps after me to get one to put up in my workout room…lol..obviously he uses my weights too..

Hi Karen – Hope you got some rest today after all that busy work! I have lots of those days too and boy do they wipe ya out, huh?

Linda – Congratulations on a fabulous long run and conquering so many hills too!! Um, your after workout meal sounds pretty yummo too! LOL.. Hope you got a good night’s rest after all that excitement. See? whaddid I tell ya? You’re going to do great running your marathon!

Ok, so off to bed for me peeps. I have to hit the ground “running” tomorrow – some yoga :cool: and hair appt before work. Have a great Monday everyone!!

Posh :D
AKA – Thomasina

Last edited:
Hi Cheetahs!

Posh: Thanks re: the pics! So how many marathons have you run? You girls will have a great time in Chi-town!

Cathy: Great run yesterday! I am with you about the school work. I did not get everything done. The most important things are done at least. Thanks re: the pics! :)

Wendi: How are you feeling today? Sure hope it's better than yesterday!

Wendy: How is your knee? Maybe some yoga would be a good idea for it? Good idea to stick with low impact this week! Healing vibes are being sent your way. :)

Carole: Awesome run! You are on fire lately! :) You ladies are getting me excited for my marathon in May! :D

Christine: The cleaning went well and I am very pleased with the results. It is a small space, but it will work. Great workouts this weekend! :) Bummer about the Walk N Wag!

Judy: I LOVE PFChangs! Sounds like a beautiful day you had yesterday!

Shelly: I think your work is pretty admirable too. :) Thank you. Cool you have a nice chin up bar!

Karen: Hi! Sounds like you have been busy!

Linda: Oh so happy to hear you had a great run! :) I bet you are beat! Thanks about the pics!

Yesterday was KPC instead of a run. Had to try out the new room! It's been ages since I last did that workout! Today will be a tm run. Have a great Monday everyone! :D

Morning, cheetahs!

LindaAWESOME run yesterday! WTG tackling those hills in stride. The socks I love are called Balega Hidden Comfort.

GloriaCan't blame ya for wanting to try out the new room. Enjoy the TM.

PoshBIG smiles over here reading your post. Can't wait! I will email the Chicago-bound cheetahs with my contact and flight info. Yes, we are all at the Silversmith except for my friend and her group. I think they are at the Club Quarters Wackers or something like that. I'd heard that about the clothing discards going to charity, but I don't have many sweatshirts to begin with, so I hope the shell arrives in time, or I find one at the Expo. This is the biggest event I've ever entered, so I imagine that Expo is gonna rock!!! I have my eye on the Nike fleece! So glad to hear Smokey is doing better. And wow, you are some diehard fans to watch the games in that weather.

I will probably work late, so if a workout happens later, it will be u/b and/or some yoga. Gonna play by ear.

Hope everyone has a GREAT day!

Morning Girls.

Jealous non-Chicago bound Cheetah here! Have a blast everyone!:D

Well after just a little while with the roller y'day my leg and knee felt better for a while. Eventually my knee began to hurt a bit more but it never got as bad as it's been. This morning it's stiff and a little painful depending on how I move but I know it gets worse overnight so as the day progresses it should loosen up. I am keeping my fingers crossed (and so should you all!) that daily rolling and icing of it along with some ibuprofen and using the EXT instead of running will make me 18 mile race ready!

Today's work out will be the EXT after work.

Cathy: What time does the marathon start? You will be almost done by the time Shelly and I are just getting on our way on Sunday! LOL I was wondering if they Chicago mary is televised at all? We aren't going to need to leave here until about 8:30 that morning so I'd love to watch a bit of it if possible. So be honest, what are you more excited about...the marathon or meeting up with some fab Cheetahs in Chicago? :D

Gloria: Thanks for the vibes! KPC must've been extra fun in your new room y'day! :)

Posh: So are you Chicago ready girl? I know you are running, right? You, Cathy and your friend are the ones doing the mary correct? I am icing the knee as I type this so no worries on that end!:)

Shelly: Don't even TALK about my not running LBI. That thought is not even in my mind at this point. I'm not listening! *put fingers in ears* LA LA LA LA LA LA LA!:p

Okay, I'm gonna post this and go see what I have to catch up on from last night!

BBS!

Personals from yesterday

Wendi: I sure hope you are feeling better today girl!!!! Sending healing vibes your way!

Christine: I never even had the chance to clean y'day! The day went by like a whirlwind! By the time I got home from Target and did my work out it was basically time to hit the road!:eek: I run on the TM on a 1% incline. It's supposed to be closer to normal road running but apparently it must not be close enough. :confused:

Cathy: LOL at the BB tune! Too funny. If I thought I'd be using my Ipod during the race I'd download the song! ;)

Carole: I agree that slow running is perfectly okay but sometimes my body just doesn't seem to agree with my brain! LOL I hope the foam roller helps! It's almost like a work out as I work up a sweat using it! Not to mention that you actually DO get a work out of sorts for the upper body having to support your weight in a static hold all of the time while you roll. No wonder why the Cheetahs love the roller so much!:)

Judy: Yes, my race is on Sunday but it starts MUCH later then the marathon. Cathy and Posh are running at 6 or 7 in the morning. Shelly and I don't start until 10:30!

Linda: So you ran 22 miles yesterday and didn't nap afterwards!? Holy cow woman! I'd say you are read for the marathon girl! You rock! :) I have gone out and done stuff after long runs/races but I ALWAYS make sure I can get a nap in FIRST! :p

Okay, that catches me up and just in time too...gotta pack up my work out clothes and food for work now. Joey also needs to eat breakfast and get dressed. Yikes, better get a move on!!!!

Later Taters!:D

Good morning Cheetah babes!

Uggh, what a long night with the heating pad:(. Oh well, this, too, shall pass *shrugs*. It's absolutely killing me to have all this free time and not being able to get any workouts in:mad:. On the otherhand, at least my appetite isn't up to full speed so I don't think I'm doing any damage in the eating department.

Christine - So sorry to hear you missed the Walk 'N Wag...I'm glad they were able to hold at least a part of it before the rain ended things. How did the Pats do last night? Glad you enjoyed that scrumpscious looking bean dip...yummy! Great idea for a circuit yesterday.

Cathy - Glad you had a nice run yesterday...LOL about your fantasy:D. I don't think it was the cell phone pulling your shorts down...I have a feeling there's less there to hold em up:p! LOVED Fatboy!!! Too funny and *very* sweet:). Didn't know Hank Azaria was in it...I love him. Hard to watch him be a jacka$$, though. Hmph, all I did yesterday was watch movies...what a waste of a day...Steel Magnolias (for the 10,000th time:D), Batman Begins. I felt like I should have been doing *something* rather than sitting on my arse.

Wendy - Hope the foam roller helps...I know some of the ladies here swear by theirs. Count me in as another jealous non-Chi-town Cheetah:p. Thanks for the vibes...I'm sending you some right back for that knee!

Carole - WTG on your fantastic run yesterday!!! Isn't it the best feeling to able to really push up those hills? 63??? WOW, inspiring!

Judy - Glad to hear that your runs are continueing to be successful! Have a great 7 miler today...perfect running weather out there!

Shelly - Glad to hear that you like your new job although I'm sorry that their computer system is not to your liking:(. Have fun with your new chin up bar! That's quite the gym you've got set up now...wow! *IF* I can't run Philly, you know I'll definitely be there as the official Cheetah cheering section!!! I want to run that one sooooooo badly, though:(. Um the diagnosis was some *very* long word starting with "L". Odd that I can't remember it cuz I'm pretty good with medical terminology. Basically, infected lymph nodes where the torso meets the legs.

Karen - WOW, that was serious round of CleanMaxX2!!! How is mom doing?

Gloria - Oh, how pretty! We're just starting to see some good color here. I hope I have a chance to get up to the Shawangunks (which are breathtaking in the fall!) again for a trail run but I'm not sure if I'll be up to that in time...the short trail is around 10 miles, the first 5 beign straight up, gulp:eek:. Oooh, KPC, perfect way to break in the new workout room:D.

Linda - Congrats on your awesome run yesterday!!! Mmmmmm, Mexican, mmmmm! How do you feel today?

Posh - Glad to hear that Smokey continues to improve...hoping for good news from the vet tomorrow. Wow, you've been B*U*S*Y!!! I can't even imagine sitting in the rain for 4 hours:eek::eek:! Awww, thanks for the kind words about Monkey!

I guess that's all I've got for now. I should find some way to make myself useful today:confused:. This sitting around doin' nuttin' is for the birds. TTFN!

Good Morning Cheetahs!

Wendy – BMS UB is a fun one! I think you’ll love your foam roller! I have my fingers crossed and I’m sending healing vibes!! I so hope you’re ready!

Carole – no politics from me either! It will be nice to have a break from the insanity, too! I hope you aren’t too bored trotting around the airport! My flight # is 310, so you can keep an eye out for it. Yes, I love my slow cooker. I made salsa chicken yesterday and dinner was easy and delicious! WAY TO GO on the 15.5 mile run! Wow!

Judy – we wish you could be with us, too!! Your dinner last night sounds heavenly! Did you enjoy?

Shelly – Sorry you don’t like the computerized charting system. That’s not fun. Ohhh, how fun – a chin up bar, too! I’ll bet you’re stoked!! Walk N Wag… :p But either way works. I’m glad they were able to have the event and it raised money for a good cause.

Karen – Hope you are all rested and the house feels wonderful!

Cathy – Of course we have to try Chicago pizza! It’s fabulous! Glad to hear you ate only one gnat today. But the ones stuck to your neck? Ick. Glad the run was good, though!

Gloria – is that first photo “little” Pip? What a pretty photo! NICE workout room! Always nice to have your own room for working out!

Linda – WOW!! That is so wonderful that your long run was fabulous!! Sounds like a great day, too. Good for you! I’ll bet you’ll be happy to see DH!

Posh – Oh fun! I remember the days of JV AND Varsity games! Sorry it rained on you for 4 hours, though! Brrr! Glad to hear Smokey is on the mend. Yeah, the treadmill is a kind of mixed blessing. But, it has it’s uses. I cannot wait to meet youse guys, too!! I’m sooo excited!

Wendi – oh dear! I hope you’re feeling better soon!! That must be killing you! The Pats game was a blast. We really had a good time.

The game was a blast! We really had a good time. Especially as the Pats won. :D I was amazed at how many Pats fans were there. The seats were incredible, too. I’m a little tired today, but time to move on. :p I cannot wait until next weekend! Not sure what I’m going to do today. It’ll be something. I have to revise my rotation as it’s not what I want for this week.

Good morning cheetahs

Cathy...no reason to hang your head about upper body work...:).. you sure did not have a lot of time for working out and getting your runs in was most important. LOL about eating only one gnat on your run!!! Expo's are sometimes the best part of the marathon!!!

Wendy..glad to hear the rolling and icing are helping the knee. Enjoy your EXT workout later...

Wendi..thanks re: my run. It was great going up those hills with some strength. Sorry again about the infection and no working out...but it is good your appetite is obeying...I hope things get better soon sweetie.

Christine...It will be nice to get away from the insanity here by going to Chicago! I will keep your flight info. I also need to answer Dallas's email with my info. You are enjoying the slow cooker, great time of the year to get one! Way to go for the Pats yesterday. Sounds like you had so much fun at the game. Thanks re: my run.

Judy...thanks re: my run...Good job getting in the week at 15 miles. That V8 can sounds like a good roller.

Shelly...How cool DH installed a chin-up bar for you! Thanks re: my run. My 63 yr old friend is really a great runner and she started at 40! I am sure she slowed down somewhat to stay with me!!

Gloria...great pictures!! Your workout room looks nice. Thanks re: my run....

Linda...thanks re: my run. I was great to feel so strong. I am sorry if I missed it but how far did you run yesterday? Sounds like you also had a great time...the food after sounds so good and Mexican is my fav!

Posh..so happy to hear Smokey is improving. Thanks for your thoughts on John. Thanks to re: my strong run. I can't wait to meet you!! Chicago will be so darn fun.

My legs are a bit sore today from the run yesterday...Today is P90X CST, ARX and a 5 mile run. I get a massage this afternoon and I so look forward to it...:)

Have a great day...

Good Morning Girls. I woke up and did 60 min endurance workout. PHEW!!! Mondays sometimes are hard to get motivated. Now after a good breakfast I feel much better. Ate poorly yesterday so I think that is why the workout felt harder than it should have. When will I learn.:confused:

Posh- I'm glad your horse is doing better. I will still pray for a full recovery. I can't wait to hear all the details of the marathon. You girls are going to have a blast. Wish I could be there to support all of you.

Gloria- Enjoy the TM run today. How is school going for you. Do you have off for Columbus Day? Nothing better than a three day weekend.

Cathy- The Expo does sound fantastic. I can't wait to go to mine either. Dh is taking off early Friday so we can spend the day down there and get my packet.

Wendy- How much is the foam roller. I think i should get one. I have a Target just down the road.

Wendi- Clean Max is done for another week. Sorry you are under the weather. My mom said the only good thing about her sickness is that she did lose some weight. She has an apt with her kidney doc on Thursday to see what they are going to do as she still is in pain.

Christine- Glad you had a nice time at the game. We watched it on TV. Hope you pick a goody for a workout today.

Carole- Great job on the 15 miles. My goodness girl you impress me. Enjoy your massage.

Linda- Great job on the run yesterday.

The weather Sat is suppose to be close to 80. That super sucks. This week is going to be nice a cool. Perfect running weather. The weekend it is suppose to heat up. UGHHHHH> Maybe it will change.

Posh – You have more patience that me, to sit through 4 hours of football in the rain! It sounds like you have been super busy, as usual! I am so glad Smokey is doing better! Are you getting as excited for Chicago as I am for you guys? That would be so great to be able to get together with other Cheetahs! Thanks! (for your faith in my marathon!)

Cathy – I will have to look up those socks! I have never heard of them. I will get online later and check them out! Is that what you run in? I hate when you get something to clip on your shorts and it pulls them down!!  My iPhone is quite a bit heavier than my Razor was, so it pulls my shorts down. I can only clip it to my fuel belt. Oh well…..! I hope your Disposable shows up in time! That would be so exciting to be running a “Big” race! I think mine is going to only have 1,000-1,500 people. But, that is okay!

Gloria – Great job on KPC! I haven’t done that one forever, either! I so miss my other cardio workouts! Did you enjoy your workout room? Enjoy your TM run today!

Wendy – Well, I am another jealous non-Chicago bound Cheetah, too!  Maybe next time!  I am glad your knee is a little better! Hopefully, it will be 100% soon! The EXT and ibuprofen should help! LOL….yep…I really did need to take a nap before all that I did yesterday! I was exhausted and stiff by last night, for sure!

Wendi – You poor thing! I hope the infection clears up, soon! Try to take it easy! I am afraid that you are going to push yourself again!! DON’T DO IT! (okay, sorry….didn’t mean to raise my voice! ;) ) Seriously, take care of yourself…infections have always scared me!

Christine – I am so glad you had fun at the game! It helps when you have good seats! Enjoy whatever you decide to do today!

Carole – My run yesterday was 21 miles. Yes, the food was yummy  Oh wow! A message would feel wonderful! Enjoy it! Also enjoy your run and P90X!

Karen – I agree….it is so hard to get motivated to workout on Mondays! Great job on your endurance workout! Oh dear! I hope it doesn’t heat up into the 80’s! I will pray for cooler weather for you! I think the “perfect temperature” to run in is around 50-55! Well….anything up to 65 or so.

Hey to everyone! Hope everyone has a great day!

I am not doing anything today! It is a rest day.

Linda

Carole – We did have a good time. The tailgate was fun – as was the actual game, and the people we sat around were fun – fans of both flavors. I’m excited about seeing you again! Funny that we have to fly to Chicago to do so. :D

Karen – I can so tell when I have not eaten well the day before – like yesterday! The morning workout is so much harder! We had a 49er fan thank us for coming to San Francisco as the game was being nationally televised. Too cute. Hope the hot weather holds off! We’re dealing with extreme changes, too. Typical Fall, I guess. :rolleyes:

Linda – How are you feeling today? Great run yesterday! When is your marathon? I wish I come out and cheer you on as well!! :cool:

I ended up doing Athletic Step Jam this morning. I wanted something different. Fun time, but my legs were a bit sore. Oh well. I thought I’d show you how close we were to the field. This is from my iPhone, so it’s not the best quality, but it gives you a good idea. One thing we did notice is that the players look so much smaller in person. Randy Moss is a toothpick of a guy! Wow! :eek:
337545966.jpg

Good morning Cheetahs!

Cathy - I think I read where the average temp for the Dec. race could be anywhere from mid 40's to mid 50's. Think I could handle those temps but I don't know about colder. Love the Kenneth Cole shoes. Grandmas, uh, just ok. But they look darn comfortable. Have some of those Balega socks. Love them. I had two pair but the dryer or some other entity ate one sock. Hanging on to the other one hoping the match will eventually show up.

Wendy - I made it to bed the other night because I couldn't keep my eyes open. Glad your run went well with no knee issues. No NYC over the weekend? Sounds like you and DH still had a fun weekend. Saw Righteous Kill a few weeks ago. Really enjoyed it. I'm a big Pacino and De Niro fan especially when they're in the same movie.

Carole - Sorry you're losing your pastor. Hate to see the good ones go. Do you have a replacement yet? Enjoy your massage.

Wendi - Ouch on the lumps! Hope they're nothing serious.

Karen - Don't know you've chaffed sometimes until that water hits! Yeow!!!

Posh - That wasn't fun sitting in the rain at the game. :( Glad to hear Smokey is doing better. Will send some more prayers his way.

Gloria - Like your new workout room. Know you love it too.

Christine - Glad the game was fun and your Pats won! Love the pic! Great being there in person!

Linda - Good job on the 21 miles! Enjoy your rest day.

Hello to all others!

Yesterday was a rest day. Today was a 40 minute tempo run. Used iTread #3 40 minutes to accomplish that. Also, did 1/2 of P90M Sculpt 5-6. The workout wasn't bad at all. Finally got to look at the time on my Garmin for my run Saturday. The Garmin said I ran a 10:12 pace and Motion Based said 10:07. Thought they were both pretty good and felt comfortable. Legs feel good. Wasn't too sore either. Hamstrings and feet are doing good too.

Sorry to be so abbreviated today but needed to catch up a little. Hope everyone is having a marvelous day!

Hiya cheetahs! Had a busy but nice night at work. I'm not feeling exhausted and drained after a 12 hr shift here like I did in Philadelphia... that place was crazy! But it's history now... glad for the experience!
Right now I'm digesting lunch while waiting to go out on a 12-13 mile run.
The former owner of this house is here now visiting with Jerry. He moved to a retirement village about an hour away. His wife died and he understandably didn't want to continue living here alone.... he's a very nice guy! Anyway, this is his dream home and loves to talk about it!;)
I just hope he's not too upset that I've repainted;)

Gloria- Great pics! Thanks for sharing.... I had to chuckle a tad over the pic of your BEAUTIFUL workout room. You have the same kind of hodgepodge collection of dumbbells like I have. :)

Linda- You must be feeling pretty good about your upcoming marathon with that fabulous long run yesterday! Great job:D

Posh- Wonderful to read your inspiring upbeat posts!!!! You and the three Cs are going to make quite a splash in Chicago.... look out!!!:eek:
Well, I may have a chin up bar, but no great chin ups to go with it I'm afraid. That's an area I'd really like to work on and improve. Hey, I forgot you were at that same PF CHang rocknroll freezing race.... you did the HM right? I started an hour earlier..... OMG it was FRIGID!!!!!!!
I also got those cheap gloves and thru them out halfway through.

Cathy- Great job on your last significant run before the BIG one:eek::eek::eek:
I bet your entire school will be glued to the internet watching for your results!!! My computer charting system at work really isn't that bad... I've just worked with better and I don't feel it's really suitable for critical care patients. I wish I had that kind of pull to get it changed but it's not likely ever to happen!

Wendy- Cheetah paws are crossed for you babe! You are doing the right thing with the icing and foam rolling and using the EXT will keep up the fitness and endurance. We're gonna have our own rockin time!!

Wendi- Dontcha hate it when docs throw out those long incomprehensible terms and expect you to understand? Alot of my job involves translating to patients (lol) anyway, sending prayers your way for recovery soon!
Philly is still a long way off and a half mary isn't really very punishing on the bod for someone of your fitness level. I bet you'll be up for a walk run of it at least!

Christine- Yay that the Pats won their game for you and made it extra enjoyable:D Busy weekend for you and next one will be even better:D
Glad to hear that the WalknWag raised some good money... definitely a WORTHY cause!

Carole- Harcore superCarole... running 5 miles on legs already sore from a killer long run yest!!!!!! Are you going to try to get in a run at all in Chicago?

Karen- Nice job on that endurance workout Sorry the weather won't cooperate and stay nice and cool for you. Are you planning on a long run?

That about catches me up... time to get moving. The temps are in the low 60s and wont be getting any higher... beautiful fall day!!!

tata

Christine – Yes, Randy Moss is a pretty skinny guy!! He actually graduated from Marshall University (that is the marathon that I am doing)! I guess he had gotten himself into some pretty big messes over the years….but hopefully, he has straightened himself out :) He owns a couple of really nice Juice Bars around town! Wow! You were really close! I am feeling great today! I am glad I am having no adverse effects from the run! :) Good job on your ASJ!

Jackie – Good job on your workout! The times for your runs on your Garmin were good! I have some Asics socks that I love and got some new ones a couple of weeks ago…..and I have the same issue as you! The dryer must have eaten one of them! I have it laying out awaiting it’s match (if it ever shows up!

Shelly – That is so sad about the original owner of your house! I just can’t imagine losing your spouse. :) I am glad the pace is a little better where you are now! I am feeling a little more confident for the marathon….but I do know I could still “crash and burn” :eek: But I feel much better about it! I hope you enjoy your 12-13 mile run!

Good Afternoon Girls.

Well, my knee certainly loosened up as the morning progressed. Got on the EXT and did CC 4 after work with no problems and then came home and foam rolled a bit. It feels pretty good right now. Hopefully this is a continuing trend! :)

So tmrw I want to do my new Jari work out Ripped and Chiseled. Should I only do upper body, or can I maybe do lower body using my body weight only? Since Jari is high rep it would still be a good l/b work out even sans weights but I am wondering if I should leave well enough alone until AFTER the race. Think I'd be risking too much doing a lower body work out this late in the game?

Wendi: How are you feeling? Did you manage to do something around the house today? Don't be so hard on yourself for taking it easy!

Christine: Glad you had a blast at the game and that the Pats won! Cool pic too! I've never been to a live sporting event. In a couple of weeks though I'll be at Pocono racetrack to watch DH drive a race car. That should be fun. He'll never get me to a real race though. :p

Carole: Wow you have a full plate of work outs on tap for today. You are my hero. I don't think I could do CST, ARX as well as a 5 mile run. This is why the X just wasn't going to work for me during race training! You go girl!:)

Karen: I think the foam roller was about $22.00 and it comes with an instructional dvd. A bit pricey IMO but I think it will be a worth-while investment none the less. Good job on the 60 minute run this morning!
I ate like crap too y'day so you are not alone. :confused:

Linda: So how are the legs feeling today?? I'd be sore for sure. Not terribly if it was a slow run but I am always sore to some degree after long runs. So does this begin your taper mode or do you have another long run?

Jackie: Righteous Kill was DH's idea as he loves Al and Robert too. I was afraid it was going to be gory but thankfully it wasn't. I don't like bloody slasher type movies at all and today's movies are getting worse every day! This one was good though. I remember when Hostel came out. I wanted to vomit just watching the previews on television. Now Saw V is being released. UGH!

Shelly: How nice that your DH and the house's former owner are friendly. Did he have to live in that house for long after his wife died? Glad your 12 hour shifts aren't as draining at your new job. Nothin' wrong with hard work but to be completely mentally and physically drained every day after you come home is no fun I am sure. Thanks for the positive vibes and crossed paws! I am starting to feeling more confident that I'll be OKAY to run on Sunday! :)

Looks like I'm all caught up. Time to grab a snack!

BB later on girls!

Last edited:
Christine- Awesome pictures. Seems like quite a few of us ate badly yesterday. Apparaently the goodies were calling our names.

Shelly- My last long run was Friday and I did 12 miles. I'm going on an easy week now. My longest run this week will be 5 miles and then the half on Sat. I'm so excited. Enjoy your run today.

Wendy- That is pricey but I think I am going to have to break down and buy it anyway. If it really helps then I'm going to need it. Dh is getting tired of rubbing my feet. I told him that or he is going to have to pay and expert for a massage. For the half on Sat. all marathoners and half marathoners get feel massages at the finish. Yeah me.

Jackie- i forgot. Are you training for a spring marathon. I think i remember that. Your pace was great yesterday, plus no soreness. You can't ask for any better.

Shelly - Glad the new job is agreeing with you. How was your run? Nice of Jerry to take some time with former owner. Sure it was hard on him.

Linda - Glad the confidence is building for your marathon. You're going to do great!

Wendy - Hope that knee continues to get better. How many runs do you have this week? I don't like those blood and gore type movies either. When DBF takes me to one, I always tell him he owes me a chick flick. Told him "The Women" would be a good for him to see.

Karen - Good to be tapering, huh? I'm training for the St. Jude marathon on Dec. 6 if I decide to run. As long as my hamstrings and feet can take it, I'll probably do the race.

Got 4 miles on tap in the morning. Have a good night!

HI Cheetahs- busy day today with clean Max, grocery shopping, cooking a good meal and taxiing DS. Just for fun today I created an ( healthy) Alfredo Spinach Lasagna recipe that turned out to be a hit! Now I have to write it down. Today' s 7 miler went well and it was not at my usual run time3. That
was encouraging to finds out a longer was possible forme a t later time and it wasw fine.

I am undecided as tho workouts for the remainder of the week . The past 4 weeks or so have been endurance with mabye 2-3 Kettle Bell workouts. The last 2 weeks were strict endurance. I'm thinkin maybe aI shulddo one more week of Cathe endurance type weights and then a switch to KBforr a bit. Or maybe I'll switch to KB workouts this week.

Wendy- Is the foam roller helping? great! I used it after my run today.

Jackie- I did not realize you had a marathon coming up on 12/6/08

Linday- nice going today.

Cathy- I haven't checked you blog in a while. I 'll have to get scught up.

Carole- how was tha massage? did you say thatyou might jump in fo rthelast 10 miles on Chicago?

Christine- That is funny that you thought the FB players looked small. DH and I were once at a Bills game and had field passes during warm ups. I thought the players looked bigger in person.

gloria- Changs was OK, although itis not my favorite. I tend to eat too much with sampling everyones choices. :mad::mad:

Shelly- That is so sweet of jerry to spend time with the former owner.

Ok, I am sitting here with DH and DS, they are watching Monday night football. I an hitting awall here. I may just take a snooze for a few winks.

Karen: I don't know if it's a fluke or what but I used my foam roller 2x and my knee feels phenominal right now compared to how it felt the other day! So many here sing the praises of it that I would get one if I were you. I know I'll get lots of use out mine cause my lower body just LOVES to be sore and tight for DAYS after a good lower body work out or long run!

Jackie: Very cool that you are training for a full mary. I'm not sure-have you run one before or will this be your first? I am not running this week. I'm giving the knee a break to ensure it is okay for race day. I will use the EXT a couple more times though.

Judy: Yes it would seem that the foam roller is helping. See my post above to Karen for more info. :) Glad the lasagna was a hit. The name alone makes me hungry! LOL I'm gettin' sleepy myself. I may head to bed with a magazine so when I fall asleep I don't have to move!

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.