~*CHEETAHS Fabulous Friday the first *~

meatlessinca

Cathlete
Howdy ya’ll!

DRAMA: Well, I guess I can say my life is NOT boring! Geez, last night DS16 was in an auto accident as a passenger in the car of another young fella from the football team. THANKFULLY both boys are OK, but they were shaken up pretty good. This week some of the boys on the Varsity team have been helping the coach with a younger kids football camp in the evenings. Afterwards, the older fellas have been catching a bite to eat and stopping at the gym to “pump iron” as they say. Well, apparently DD’s friend (the driver) was traveling to pick up another kid that lives down one of our country dirt roads in the area when a big buck jump out and well..as a new 16 year-old driver would do, he swerved, hit the binders, and overcorrected which led the car fishtailing and over the embankment into the trees. Also, we think the kid was maybe going a leetle too fast for the road…uh, hem. My son says his life flashed before his eyes whilst his feet were solidly bracing the floorboard during the ride over the side of the road…few more feet over and it would have been way down into the canyon…When the car came to a stop, DS said he immediately told his friend to get out of the car as he feared it may blow up and catch fire (too many movies he’s watched eh?) Anyhoo, the kid smashed up his mom’s Subaru Outback pretty good, and I told my DS, “see? this is exactly why you guys can’t drive my car!”…lol Anyway that was the drama of the evening.

WHY I’M TIRED: Work too has been extremely busy for me as the last summer sessions are coming to a close and the fall session is about to begin. I also co-supervise our student employees in the office and it has been fall semester scheduling and evaluation time…ugh… Ordered my DD’s Ihome today for her to take off to school next month and I said I wish I could buy an I-maid and an I-chef for me! LOL

NUTRITION SOFTWARE: Funny about the GPA comment coming up because daily I’ve been saying to myself as I pass on the chocolate cake, banana nut bread, and chocolate turtles in the office and the sales in the CHIP isle at the grocery store, “nope, don’t wanna ruin my GPA over that”…LOL Dang software wouldn’t let me in today though no matter all the tricks I tried. Oh well, I can just wing it for tomorrow’s menu I guess…

KNEE UPDATE: Thanks everyone for the kind words, and yes, DALLAS, I ‘m OK….lol. Swelling is all gone but the disgusting oozing scabbing is annoying. I’ll be back to running again tomorrow for a short 3 – 4 miles before work (early day) and then a long run on Saturday so all is good. Them there were some funny falling stories ya’ll told…guess I’m not the only goof ball clutz puting on a show in public.. Actually I have fallen down running before but usually on the trails tripping on tree roots etc….

CATHY: Dude, where’s my link? LOL I mean the link to your donations page?? It’s payday so you better get while the gettins’ good….Nice workouts today! How's YOUR GPA, teach? lol

WENDI: Yay, the bosshole is cutting you a break so you can go meet the cheetahs! WOW! you are a busy gal! Hope you found Margaritaville…I mean afterall, it’s 5 o clock somewhere…

WENDY LOU: – Glad you like the nutrition program..Yeah, I’m adding a lot of custom foods as well – a pain at first, but after a while it gets easier with them in there. Also, I use the cut and paste option a lot especially when I have a few servings of something made up and I use it for lunch over a few days. I’ll definitely get the year long deal after my 30 days is up but I hope they fix the bugs fairly soon though…it’s a bit of a bummer when I have just a small window of time to figure my foods and can’t get in…oh well, I’ll be patient a while longer…lol

CHRISTINE: Have fun with the family in NC! LOL about the doggie Hyatt …Shsswwwiiiooooooouuu <that is a long whistle.. Of course Jimmy is a good dog! My dog is WAY spoiled too but she’s a very good girl! I would dogsit both of your pups if I were closer! Glad you found someone - best for Kimo too probably to have a sitter rather than a Hyatt accommodation…

LORIE: LOL – thanks for the Linus fix…hey, I’ll agree with the other Cheetahs that this DEAN person sounds like the ticket! WHOO HOO…someone worthy! And he better be nice to Linus and his sibs…lol…Have a great time!

CAROLE:: Funny about the floss comment…you should have answered him with.. “well, actually I’m making you a speedo”….So you joined the nutrition deal too? I love it..looks like a lot of cheetahs are getting enabled on this one, eh?. Are you getting ready for some FOOTBALL ? GRRR>>>GGRRR>>>GRRR>> LOL…thought of you today when I overheard the other 2 Cowboy fans chatting it up in our office today about NFL Sunday ticket and watching a Dallas game… ;)

Linda: Glad to hear your DD’s condition can be treated and that she’s doing well. Hey, just tell your running friend she has to agree with modifying the schedule! 20 miler back to backs are for the crazy ultra marathoners…lol.

Gloria: Congrats on the .lbs lost! I think I’ve already lost in one week tracking with the software, but I’m not going to weigh just yet. I like comfort foods in the winter as well, but I try to make healthy soups, chilis etc so I don’t over do it..

Karen: WOW about your DD! Glad to hear she’s doing better. When she was 9 years old, my DD who is now 18, had a spiral break in her arm up near the socket…poor poor girl was crying in soo much pain walking up the driveway with her arm dangling so abnormally…it was a very long 25 miles to the ER room I must say. She had the orthopedic surgeon do the conscious sedation to set her arm and it was strange to watch how she just was suddenly sleeping while they moved her arm around. Anyway, hopefully your DD will have a full recovery, mine did, and she went on to play several years of basketball and ran track.

Jackie: Funny about your sister and the quakes…yah, they feel weird but I dunno, the twisters, hurricanes, and ice storms scare me more…don’t get them in Cali.. I had to chuckle about youse gals feeling like 6 am is the middle of the day cuz that’s what happens to DH. Our hours are so way off. During the week, he gets up for work after I’ve been in bed for about 2 hours! Then, he’s going to bed about the time I have my last break at work for the evening.. Soo, on Saturday when he’s sleeping till 6 or 7 am I tell him, dang, sleeping all day aren’t you? lol Um, your 2 hour early alarm clock sounds like DH’s standard one that seems like it is set on eastern time or something! .. holy shmoley, that guy is EARLY for everything! Maybe has something to do with him being a preemie? :rolleyes:

Dallas: LOVE your avatar…I feel like that some days too! Glad your foot is feeling better and hope the Sat run goes well. I agree about running relieving stress…and by the way, yes, I’m OK…lol Hey, glad to see the Windy City Cheetah is back in the siggie! Yay

Well, it’s now after midnight here and Wendi in time zone of 3:30 am has not posted yet so I guess I’ll start this bad boy off for the fabulous Friday the first …

Happy Friday!!:D

POSH…

Last edited:
glitterfy050304T296D31.gif

Posh :: !!! Now that is some serious drama! Over the embankment??
scaredsmiley.gif
Thank God the boys are all right. I gasped as I read on through the description until the part about DS having watched too many movies and how he's not allowed to borrow your wheels. Had me chucklin' there...I'm glad things are looking better on the knee front, and that the nutrition program has been such a great motivator. My GPA? Let's just say, I'm working on graduatin' cum laude. :) Oh, thanks so much--I'll PM you the link.

Dallas :: Glad the running has been helping you deal with this insane stress! (Very fitting avatar, BTW.) At least you'll have some answers on Monday. When is MIL re-scheduled to begin the chemo?

Karen :: I am using Winsor Pilates Buns & Thighs. Oh, my goodness! What an awful ordeal for poor DD11. Hope her missing a year of soccer won't truly mean the end of her playing days! Glad she can at least enjoy the swimming & rides now while on vacation. Is the ol' Sea Serpent still running?

Jackie :: *lol* Looking at the calendar today gives me a little taste of panic mode. :)

Linda :: Do you & your training partner take walk breaks, too, or no?

Wendy :: I had not noticed the GPA under the report card--too cute. I've entered a lot of custom foods as well, having noticed the same thing. I selected a PBJ sandwich from the pre-set menu but thought the calorie count seemed a bit low. When I entered the custom info, I found that it was. Generally, I have been using the pre-set menu just for generic things like fruit, veggies, milk.

Gloria :: stinks when you lose a post. Great job with the run!

Last night I did the inner thigh segment from Squeeze. Next time I will do that back-to-back with WP B&T since it hits the inner thighs like nothin' else.

I'm having bloodwork done this morning. After will be Jane (lioness)'s swinging abs kettlebell workout.

Have a great day, everyone!

Good morning ladies!

Thanks for starting us off on the way to bed Posh;)! LOL...I got to sleep in until 5ish this morning...*LOL*! Chuckling that I was already at work the past 2 days as you were off to sleep.

I only have a couple of minutes before I have to be out the doo. It's still going to be kinda nasty out there and I have a bunch to ride before the heat settles in. I'm going to do the best I can to catch up.

Horse show went well yesterday. The good horse had a *VERY* off day Wed (we think his ulcers might have been bothering him so we took care of that) but he was back to normal and was 2nd and 6th against great company...so, not bad. Little Ms. Toad was fantastic again and got a prize in each class out of a *lot* of horses so we're pleased there, too.

I wished I could have stopped in Margaritaville last night but didn't have enough time before bowling. I had an great night (certainly was worn out enough to bowl well;)) but the team had some rotten luck...whataryagonaadoaboutit *shrugs*?

Posh - OMG...soooooooooooooo glad DS is okay!!! That must have scared the begeeses out of you (and him)! Fantastic job skipping the goodies...wtg! Sorry to hear yours and DH's schedules are so mismatched...must be hard:(. Enjoy your run today!

Cathy - I'm in awe looking at that training schedule...you rock woman! You've been killing the workouts lately!

Wendy - Hope your heiny is doing better today! Hey, you bet I'll hang around til you get there Friday!

Christine - Glad to hear you were not affected by the quake. I got kind of nervous when you went missing for a day. Have a wonderful time in NC!

Lorie - I'm loving this Dean guy more and more. Sooooooo glad you found him!!!! Can hardly wait until next Friday!

Carole - So the furry kids are having a godd time together finally? They must be really cute together. LMAO about the "butt floss"!

Linda - Holy &$#$^!!! B2B 20s:eek:! Egads, that's nuts! So Madison is still at it, eh? Hope she didn't do too much damage to your CIAs. BTW, I want to thank you again for HSTA...I reach for that one a LOT!!!! The talk about the calendar and Wendi/y mix up got me thinking about your very generous gift hon!!!! Thanks soooo much, again!

Gloria - ^^^^^ 5s girl!!!! WTG on the weight loss! Sorry you lost all your personals...it looks like it's easier to lose em with the new forums. Glad you had a great run!

Karen - Oh my!!!! What a horrific story about your DD...poor thing!!! Glad to hear that she's on the mend.

Jackie - Sooo, did the new alarm clock do the trick? I think I was able to convince him just how much it would mean to me to get down there Friday. Besides, it's not actually an extra day off....just moving my normal day off around AND we're going to a different horse show next week, hence the different schedule, luckily.

Dallas - LOVE the new avatar. No pets??? I'm not sure I could be without some kind of furry being in my life...preferrably a kitty! Glad your foot is feeling better...hope you have a good run this weekend.

Shelly - Hope everything is going smoothly with the move...again!!!

Gonna shoot this puppy off before I lose it and get my arse to work. Have a great Friday ladies!

Cathy - You snuck in while I was typing my novel. Hey, no panic...just breath. As we've seen, you're awesome when it comes to making deadlines! This will be no different. I *know* you can do it!!! WOW, you're hitting those legs and glutes hard these days.

Wendi :: congrats on the great showing! Must feel great to have all your hard work pay off like that...*lol* about the deadline. What deadline? I was just joking to Jackie about not being quite ready to return to school just yet. :)

Good Morning Ladies.

Well my weight seems to be normalizing (is that even a word? LOL) finally. Thank goodness. I was worried it would be a serious chore to get the scale to go back down. I took my bf measurement this morning and it's up. BLECH! I knew it would be. It's been increasing over the last couple of months. I think summer just RUINED me! Too many bad bad meals. Thank goodness it's almost over!:p I also measured my waist which is also up a leetle bit but not bad.

So this nutrition software came at the right time for so many of us, huh? It's gonna motivate us and whip us right back into shape! :D

Speaking of which...I got mostly A's y'day. I got a couple of F's (potassium-I forgot to buy bananas!- and niacin-too much!), a couple of B's and a C I think but the rest were all A's. How's everyone else doing?

Posh: OMG how scarey about the accident your DS was in! Thank goodness the boys are okay! Glad to hear your knee is feeling better. What a bummer that you couldn't get into the nutrition software yesterday! I haven't been having any trouble at all!

Cathy: By the time all is said and done I will probably have a custom list a mile long! LOL I know I do on Fit Day! I find it easier in the long run. So you are lookin' to graduate with honors, ey? ;) I am sure you will be able to do it.

Wendi: Glad you had some winners at the horse show! Hope you get that riding list completed before it gets too hot out there! Oooh, I'm so happy that you are gonna be hangin' around on friday! VERY cool!:)

So today's work out (after work) will be 4DS bi/tri. Not sure if any cardio will be involved but if so it will be a short HIIT session.

Time to grab more java! BBL!

Good morning cheetahs

Cathy...I think you can swing the 2 20's as long as you get in a couple of 18's...
saeek.gif
Yes DH thinks he is quite funny...:D. You have been working the legs well! Enjoy your KB workout.

Wendi..yes the dogs seem to be getting along well I was a bit worried in the beginning. Glad the horse show went well.

Wendy...I did plug in my foods for yesterday and got some F's, but mostly A's! It is good though as I see where I need to work!! I did get the 3 month deal. have fun with 4DS bi's and tri's.

Posh...so glad your DS is OKAY!! I have known a few people that have hit deer over the years. Does a lot of damage to the car! I think I have missed the GPA comment in the software. OMG imagining DH in a floss speedo..
eek.gif
!! yes football is coming...Thank god for the Sunday ticket!!

Linda...I am glad then that your daughter can be treated for Hahsimoto's. I guess it is true that most auto immune diseases never do go away...darn! P90X+ is just different to me and I have always like different. And yes, I always add in legs! Good job with the 7 miles and Shred.

Gloria...I hope the software helps. I am trying to get in all my custom foods which takes some time. Congrats on the 5 lb weight loss!!

Karen...Is the your niece's 1st year in college? I know it can be hard letting them go as I remember my neice...:)

Jackie..it is funny as when I lived in LA, you got earthquakes (small ones) fairly regularly. Almost like you got used to them. But there have been far fewer ones here and none too strong. Good cardio workout yesterday.

Dallas...I am doing heavy leg workouts twice a week (my own exercises) for 3 weeks and then I add in 2 endurance leg workouts from Cathe twice a week on the 4th week. Seems to fit in well with my P90X+ rotation right now. Looks like a good workout yesterday. Your avatar is cute!!

Karen..I would be happy to help with the nutrition software. I think you can get a lot of help here too as many of us seem to be using it!

I am doing P90X+ Upper plus, abs/core and a 3 mile run.

Have a great day...

Good Morning Chatty Cheetahs!

Lorie - Hope your AF issues are over! It’s the only time of the month when I wish I were male. The rest of the time, I’m glad I’m an “enlightened” female (men can be so dense!). What did you end up doing yesterday?

Carole – Oh cool! You joined the gang on the nutrition program! Cool! I like it a lot. I want to continue while on vacation – which will be tough in NC with their love of fried food. I’m hoping we go places that offer grilled or baked over fried. Glad the two doggies are getting a long great. I think most dogs want a companion.

Linda - I enjoy working out with my co-worker. The one I ride with, her DH is a pro rider. He’s good. So, I learn from her – she used to race, too. I’m stronger, but she has better bike handling skills. Jimmy is right as rain. He’s become an adult – no more teenager – and has really filled out. But he’s still the sweetie. Do you like Jullians 30 Day Shred? I have it on my DVD Swap list.

Cathy – Yep, the problem with WW is that it’s too easy to “cheat” while staying in your calories. My sister lost a lot of weight through WW, but the food choices she makes because they are fewer points make me shudder. It’s not all about weight loss – it’s about making wise decisions, and Cathe’s program helps me do that. I’ll see on the tri – I think it would be fun, but I have a really weird fear – I cannot open my eyes underwater in a lake or pond. I joke that I drown in a previous life. I love to swim and will swim, sail, dive – whatever – into open water, but my eyes are tightly shut. That’s hard to do in a tri – you have to see where you are going. I know, I’m weird.

Gloria – WOW! Great going on the weight loss!! I, too, have troubles maintaining weight loss through winter. I like comfort food, too – I think the trick is in finding healthy, tasty alternatives to the fattening things.

Wendy – oh, so glad to hear you had fun with CC#3 and were able to run faster. Must feel great to feel more confident again on the TM! Another Nutrition program convert? We’ll have to starting posting our GPA’s to really keep ourselves on track. :p I will have a huge custom list as well. I do on Sparkpeople and WW.

Karen – I’m not a patient waiter. I’m sorry you had to wait so long for the doctor and then had to get an emissions test on your car. Not fun. It’s not easy sending a chilc to college. Will your niece be far away? I live in San Jose, too. We’re about the middle of the state – near San Francisco. That was horrible about your DD – hope she’s doing better! Ouch!

Jackie – yes, NC is where we have the fabulous view and the nice beach. I’m reallyh looking forward to it, now that I know my doggies will be in great hands (and probably will not want to come home!). Good workout yesterday!

Dallas – love your avatar! Too funny! We leave tomorrow – yes the entire family. In fact it’ll be the entire extended family – as my sister and her brood are joining us on Tuesday night, and my aunt, uncle and cousin live down there, and I think my other cousin is visiting with HER 4 kids. It will be nice to see everyone. Hope you enjoy the Spinervals. They are kind of like P90X – more stark, and they don’t appeal to everyone as they are very hard core, but man so they help my riding.

THOMASINA – WOW! I’m glad DS is okay!! How scary! Those deer are huge. Might make DS and his friend slow down a bit. I’m just happy no one was hurt! Glad to hear you’re back to running, too! With Kimo, there was no question that she would be going to my friend’s house. She doesn’t like day care, so we’d have had someone come in to take care of her, but she’s so sick, I wanted someone to be with her, and my friend Sue is just a sweetie. She adores animals! Software did not let me in either! I didn’t even notice the GPA! Another measure to strive for! :p

Wendi – Glad the horses did well for you! How great! Hope it’s not too hot, unless you get to go home early, then I hope it’s REALLY hot. Sorry I was missing for a day. Sometimes I just cannot face the task of personals on the boards. :D I’m just fine and dandy (except for the tummy issues which are my own fault!) Thanks for the well wishes on my trio!

I’m so happy today is Friday!!! Leaving tomorrow morning – getting up at a Wendi hour to do so (plane leaves as 6:20AM). Cannot wait. I need a break. I ended up doing 4DS KB/Legs/Abs – Jackie enticed me to switch. It was a fun workout. We ended up not riding, but that was okay as I got in that one. Today will be a Spinervals. I feel like crap. I have been eating so well – I could actually see the shrinking in my tummy, and got a lot of comments on it – could wear the form fitting shirt with jeans and NO muffin top! YAY! But, we had friends over and I ate too much cheese, drank some really good pinots (Dumal – Thomasina – have you had that one? YUM!) and THEN we topped it off with pizza! OMG! I woke up around midnight with an entire circus dancing the hula in my stomach! I’m going to do some hard core cardio to hopefully help a little with any weight gain, and I’m going back to ultra clean! I cannot get in to the nutrition program, which is driving me batty!

This is a whine, not a rant, so proceed with caution: I did not make goal in July (I know, I know, but I did very well with what I had – which was nothing), so I’m pretty bummed. I missed it by $1000. I won’t get paid my commission for July until the end of the quarter (October!). So I’ll be hurting through September. Fortunately, I’ll have a fat check come time for Christmas shopping. Have a great day all! It's a busy one for me! So I do not know if I'll be back before my trip. I have so much to do to get the dogs and the rest of us ready.

Great kettlebell workout lioness shared. It involved drop sets of swings alternated with ab work and ended with planks and pushups. Followed that up with a 2-1/4 mile interval run. Hot stuff out there again.

Wendy :: that didn't take long at all to get a grip on the scale! Congrats!!...I get an F in niacin daily...my multi-vitamin automatically puts me way over. Though I stayed within my calorie range, yesterday was not my best report card. :) I also had F's in sodium, potassium, and omega 6, B's in carbs and omega 3's, and a C in saturated fat...My sodium is often too high...I was managing to get C's in potassium finally, but it's a challenge to get all A's and still stay within the calorie zone...I had a lot of custom foods on both FitDay and WW, so I don't mind entering them here, either...Yeah, my GPA ranges from 3.2ish to 3.6ish. So, highest honors will never be mine, but that's OK by me -- I'm a girl that likes to eat!!!

Carole :: *lol* You're killing me! :) :) :) Oh yeah, I bagged up laughin' at Posh's Speedo comment. Did you get Scrabulous to work for you?

Christine :: wow! They hold your commission til the end of the quarter? That's a bit harsh, IMO. You know my motto re: leadership: give people positives to work for, not punishments. Sorry you didn't quite make it this time. Unusual for you. But so like you to see the bright side of it. That will be a seriously fat check! I don't want to knock the program, but ITA re: WW. I lost weight, but I was often hungry. I like the idea that you *can* have your treats on the program, so it's more realistic and forgiving than many diets -- but it really doesn't necessarily teach better habits...And I totally hear you on the tri. A friend of mine used to do them, and he would tell me about getting into one of our local rivers here; he'd be stepping over shopping carts and all sorts of junk. Ick! Kinda turned me off to the idea. But I'm not a strong enough swimmer, anyways. Have a GREAT time in NC!!!

Cathy - can you PM me Lioness's MB workout (or email it to me?). That sounds like fun! I might do that and a Spinervals today. Well, at work, you have to make 80% or you don't get your commission until the end of the quarter. I don't really agree with it, but that's the way it is. I guess management doesn't get any commissions or bonuses until end of quarter anyway, so they do not have a lot of sympathy. :rolleyes: I didn't even make 80%. :( I made 79%. And what is really frustrating is that I had a customer who promised me to order yesterday and didn't come through. That would have put me over. My boss isn't concerned, but I'm mad at myself. :eek: ITA with WW. And I have to admit, I feel better on Cathe's program. Or would if I could ever log back in! *Shudder* at the tri in the river with the shopping carts, etc - what else is in there? I don't want to know.

Christine :: Jane posted it on our Kettlebell group page that you were so wise to start! :) ...Oh OK, I guess from mgmt's perspective they are giving you incentive--make the goal and you don't have to wait til the end of the quarter like they do. Oh, I can see how that would smart to miss by a hair like that...DOH!!!! But we know you'll get 'em next time. This certainly doesn't tarnish anything in that trophy case of yours. :) I hope the nutrition program works for you today.

Good morning!

Posh – Thank God your DS is okay! They are very lucky! I’ll bet that will help him to be cautious the rest of his life! I am sure my running buddy will agree. We are both kind of just tweaking as we go….an apparently …..we need to “tweak” some more!!! :>) Glad your injury is getting better!

Cathy – Yes, we do walk breaks. We used to do them regularly (very 6-10 minutes). Then we have gradually just started doing them as needed. But….at the beginning of the run we take on after a mile or so and that helps. I know with Jeff Galloway, we should be taking them regularly. What got us off was that after a couple of miles, we start up a looong steep hill (one that I will be running on in the Distance Run 15 miler). So we try to keep running slowly all the way up….and then we have a wonderful downhill for a couple of miles. That feels great….then flats after that. Thus, the taking the break “whenever”. Do you take them regularly? When we run on mostly a flat route, we take them more regularly. Good job on the Squeeze! Enjoy the Kettlebell workout!

Wendi – I haven’t actually “done” back to back 20’s!!! That was just our plan :>) We were doing ….for example…..18 miles on one weekend…….19 on the next….then cut back to a planned 10. 19 is my furthest that I have actually run. But I haven’t “done” back to back 20 and 21. LOL….I am planning on changing that plan! :>) I am so glad you are enjoying HSTA! I like it a lot, too! You are very welcome!

Wendy –Thanks for the info on the Nutrition Site! When I get back from vacation in a couple of weeks ;>) I may do it! Good job on bringing the scales down to some. I am having trouble ‘cause of the marathon training! I am starving all the time!

Dallas – I like the first Tracey Core workout a lot, too! It is more intense (IMO!). I like the new one for the fact that you can split it into very short segments! :>) You’re welcome on the Shred review! I am anxious to try more than one segment at a time. Granted…..it is not as intense or thorough as we are used to with Cathe’s workouts, but it is good.

Carole – Enjoy your workout! It sounds like a good one! I am anxious to do an actual P90X+ rotation. I joined the One-on-One with Tony. I am excited to get the second workout this month! I think the first one would be good to use in the P90X+ rotation.

Christine – Awww! It is hard to picture Jimmy as an adult! I’ll bet he is sooo sweet! That is awesome about the bike riding! I have only done 1 section of Shred and only the one time. I did it before a 7 mile run…so I liked it a lot. I don’t know if I would have liked it as much if I wasn’t needing something short and sweet! We will see. I plan to try it a few times…and put segments together. I was pretty pleased with it,though. Do you mean you are trading it away….or you want to swap for it? If you already have it…what did you think? I am sorry about your commission check! That seems wrong!

Oops....forgot to post my workout again!

This morning I did Jari's Ripped and Chisled and ran 4 miles.

Hi to everyone!!!!

Good morning Cheetahs!

Karen - Don't blame you for being cautious about DD arm. Glad she'll be able to enjoy vacation.

Wendy - The GPA on the nutrition program makes it sound even better. Yeah, too many new workouts coming out at the same time. A girl would need to get a PT job to subsidize the addiction.:D Glad you're pulling that weight back in. You almost made the honor roll. Keep at it girl!

Dallas - Nice little workout! How cute that DS does the lunges with you even though he's laughing at you at the beginning! Yes, get that water in. It's good for you. ;)

Gloria - Sorry you lost your post. Ugh! Good 4 mile run!

Posh - That had to be terrifying for DS and his friend! So glad they're both ok. At least he was thinking to tell his friend to get out of the car. I've heard deer can do a lot of damage. That's one of the things I think about when I have to drive the 30 miles to this office every other day. If you get the Imaid and Ichef, please share your secret. LOL!! Glad the knee is getting better. Yeah, sis doesn't want to live down South either because of the tornadoes. She's satisfied with shoveling snow and freezing temps.

Cathy - Laughing at you graduating cum laude with your eating. You can do it! Squeeze and WP Buns & Thighs does sound like it would make a killer workout! Good luck with the blood work! Did you have to fast first? Good KB workout today!

Wendi - Glad you got to sleep a little later. Hope you got most of the riding done before it got too hot. Congratulations on gathering some prizes! The new alarm clock performed very well this morning. I was still awake before it went off though. Probably those new clock jitters. LOL!!

Carole - Will I have to keep you after class for some tutoring? LOL! Good you know what you need to work on. Think LA is where my sis visited. Enjoy +upper and your run.

Christine - I'd rather fill up on a lot of healthy foods any day than to have some junk and be hungry within a couple of hours. I like eating lots of veggies and getting more bang for my buck. Glad Jimmy and Kimo will be in good hands while you're gone. Sorry you missed your goal but you do have a positive attitude about. It will come in handy whenever you get it. Have a safe, fun and relaxing trip.

Linda - Good job with your workout!

I did 4DS Biceps & Triceps and 6 Minute Abs this morning. I've done plenty of cardio this week and didn't miss it. Have a run planned for tomorrow morning and it will probably be on the treadmill. Don't want to get up at 5 am to beat the sun.

Have a fantastic day!

Cathy - THANKS!!! I found it. Started that group and promptly forgot about it. :eek:

Linda - Nice workout this morning! Above "trading" for 30 Day Shred. There's a website - www.swapadvd.com - that allows you to post videos (workout and non-workout) that you don't want in return for those you do want. It's not the best as the good videos take forever to come up but as I can swap credits for books as well (they have a paperback swap as well), I'm okay with that. I'm getting rid of videos that I've had forever - my old Tae Bo's for example. Thanks for the review, by the way. I like the short and sweet when I'm training endurance.

Jackie :: you are crackin' me up with the comments on everybody's report card. :) Thanks for the encouragement; I am feelin' great. I did have to fast, and usually the perceived "starvation" drives me a little bonkers. I'm happy to say there was none of that this time...I worry about deer when I drive to work, too. They are good for darting out in front.

Linda :: Yes, I do take walk breaks. I was going to follow Galloway's recommendations for that, but then Lorie suggested running a mile, walking a minute. Sometimes I play with it and go two miles before I walk a minute, but there have been other times (such as my last long run) when, in the second half of the run, I needed and took more walking breaks than intended. What does the rest of your week look like (how many days running, how many miles), if you don't mind sharing. I'm very into the training talk these days. :) Solid workout!

Christine :: too funny! I used my 20# this time but might hafta bust out the 25# next time. I wasn't sure if I'd be mush at the end or not.

Random thought of the day: three way mirrors are evil.

Cathy - I used my 26 pound bell for that and it was good!! I really enjoyed it. I was thinking of making it longer. :eek:

Cathy - Here is what I have done the past few weeks. I will show you that, so that this next week and next will make sense. :>) I'll put the weight workouts, also....
I would love to see your training, too! I need all the suggestions and tips I can get!

Week of July 13:
Sunday - 5 mile run
Monday - off
Tuesday-run 6 miles/P90X L&B
Wed- Run 6 miles/P90X S&A
Thurs - Run 4/P90X C&B and 3 sections of tracey's core
Friday - Off
Saturday - Run 19 miles

Week of July 20:

Sunday - Off
Monday - Run 5.50 miles P90X L&B and one Core Blast section
Tuesday - Run 5.25 miles P90X S&A
Wed - Run 4/ P90X Masters Plyo Legs and abs
Thurs - Run 6 miles/ARX, P90X C&B
Friday - off
Saturday - Run 18 miles

This week (which is going to cut short because of family obligations :>) and this is the cut back week. Have to do my long run on Sunday because of a family reunion on Saturday.

Sunday - Off
Monday - Run 4 miles Jari R1000
Tues - Run 5 Jari R&C
Wed - off
Thur - Run 7 miles Jillian 30 day Shred
Friday - run 4 miles Jari R&C
Tomorrow - I plan on a short easy run.....or probably the day off
Sunday - We plan 10-12 miles
Monday - Planned off day

Tues through Thurs- basically the same mileage as the other weeks 4-7 miles each day

Fri - Planned rest day
Sat 18-20 miles.

Then ..the next week I will be on vacation, so I hope to get some good runs in. It may be not so much...but I plan on trying!

What do you think? Any and all suggestions are welcome!!! :>) It is hard for me trying to figure out my strength work with all of this, in order to not be overtraining!

Linda

Hi there Cheetahs. I've been busy today doing laundry and cleaning and packing getting ready for vacation tomorrow. It has also been a day of waiting as well. We are waiting on the tests results for my mom's PET scan. I hate to wait and worry more than anything. More than that I am dragging about going away simply because vacation should be fun and all I can do is worry about my mom. My mom told me to go becasue no matter what, there is no changing what it is. I know she is right. I always think the worst but dh thinks for the best so he balances me out. The kids are ready to leave now if we could but this year it just isn't the same for me anyway. I'm going through the motions. I would just want to know something before I go. The good thing is that I am continuing to eat well ( emotional eater) and workout. I did 3 miles this morning. My knee is acting funky which really pisses me off top put icing on the cake.

Posh- So glad ds was ok. It really is eye opening for anyone when they are in fear like that. I'm just glad he and his friends are well.

Cathy- Thanks for the info on the pilates. I put it in my Que for when I get home. Yes, the Sea Serpent is still there but that is what my girls call the little roller coaster now. Now we have the Great White and Nor Easter.

Wendi- Just catching on being new here that you show horses. I know that is so much work. A friend of mine does that as well and she is always so super busy. I'm glad they did well.

Wendy- Bad meals is usually my summer motto. When I get home I plan to whip into shape with the software with you.

Carole- This is my neices first year and she can't wait to go. I know she will miss us but they just don't get how much we miss them. I know your right. By the time I get back all the cheetahs will know all about the software.

Christine- Enjoy your vacation. With all that is going on with my mom. I know on one hand it will keep me sane to go. The beach has that calming way about it. What do you do for a living. I"m not sure so I don't know about the bonus and why they wouldn't give it to you anyway. It would tick me off to. On the positive side Christmas will be nice.

Linda- Great workout. Talk to you when I get back.

Jackie- I always run on the treadmill. It is rare that I get out of the house to run with the three girls. I am so use to it now. I do love getting to run outside when i can but it is few and far between.

We are leaving tomorrow so I will miss all of you. I hope I eat realtivley well for going on vacation. Say a prayer for my mom as I know you all will. Thanks for your support. See you when I get back or if I hear anyting this evening.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.