Xtrain and horizontal conditioning

psusoccer17

Cathlete
I recently bought HC vol 1-4 and BC and was wondering if anyone will be doing this along with xtrain. I am trying to figure out a good rotation, any suggestions would be appreciated.
Katie

I've decided I'm not going to try. It's difficult to get a split body routine in with HC. I decided to stop trying to pull my hair out trying. I'm just going to not do HC during XTrain. However, I'm going to cirlce back with HC and do a six week core rotation right before summer though ;)

What you could possibly do is use one of Cathe's rotations as a starting point, and sub any of the HC workouts for SuperCuts. That, I think, is a no-brainer sub. Or you could likely come up with a schedule that is longer than 7 days to accommodate a 3-day split plus a full body workout - so take one of her schedules and stretch it out a day or two to work in an HC workout (or do HC 2x/week, and one of the Xtrain strength workouts 1x/week).

Like:

Monday: HC
Tuesday: Xtrain cardio
Wednesday: Xtrain split 1/2/3
Thursday: Xtrain Cardio
Friday: HC
Saturday: Xtrain Cardio
Sun: rest

Or, with more Xtrain:

Monday: Xtrain split 1 (3 on week 2 / 2 on week 3...)
Tuesday: Xtrain cardio
Wednesday: HC
Thursday: Xtrain Cardio
Friday: Xtrain split 2 (1 on week 2 / 3 on week 3...)
Saturday: Xtrain Cardio
Sun: rest

Something like that maybe?

I've decided I'm not going to try. It's difficult to get a split body routine in with HC. I decided to stop trying to pull my hair out trying. I'm just going to not do HC during XTrain. However, I'm going to cirlce back with HC and do a six week core rotation right before summer though ;)

I like this idea, thank you for sharing this. I,too, have been struggling to figure out how to incorporate HC into my workouts. As soon as I think I've got a plan, I abandon it to do a new Cathe rotation. I am interested in trying it though. I've only done one workout once, on one of my STS rest weeks, and it was obviously targeting spots I'm not hitting with my regular workouts, so I *need* to figure out how to do a rotation with this.

Eva

You could just stretch out the xtrain rotation and insert HC into it once a week or so. I'm doing the 90 day xtrain rotation but I run 2 or 3 days a week, so on the days I run that's my workout and I just pick upthe xtrain rotation the next day wherever I left off. So my rotation might be more of a 120 day rotation when I'm done.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.