XTrain 90 Day Undulating Rotation

Happy weekend all!
Yesterday I did 40/20 Hiit and was so impressed my ankles and knees held out for this workout, shows how far I have come these past 2 months. Today it did the upper body portion of High Reps and that was a tough workout had to lower my weights to 5 pounds to keep up, loved the ab portion!

Melissa u sure not whimpy i just have to add on.. Cause i skipped a day. I wouldnt do it normaly. Lol

I did HS today. Love that wo and the music is fun i burned 406 calories! I got a cramp in my calf! Ouch i kept going after i rubbed on it but now it feels bruised when i walk. I hope it was just a cramp and not a tear! Ooooo ill be so mad.

hi gals!

finally home and able to sit down! long day but not as crazy as next weekend will be-- kind of don't even want to think about that one. alec's competition went well! we will have to wait until monday to see if he made the finals. his pianist was very happy with the performance, though. i think he was relieved to have it over with-- too many things to worry about for him this week. anyway, we went straight from lessons, to his competition to nygel's recital. he played great! very proud of him and i am getting some better about not being a nervous wreck when they do solos. he is so into his music that is shouldn't worry for him, but always want them to be happy with their performances. after that we headed downtown, dropped oldest off at this musical, came home ate dinner and then i cleaned the house:p. did not want to have to do it tomorrow, so just decided to get it done on my rest day;). maybe that counts as some form of exercise... anyway, also got really crappy news on my mom. she is now no longer able to chew her food, so they will have to puree everything. her ability to swallow is going, too. man how i hate alzheimers and what it is doing to her.:(

eva-- hope you had a great time at your sister's wedding!! my hat is off to you for getting any workout in at all on such a busy day! you are so committed, it is fantastic:D. look forward to hearing about the big day.

melissa-- bis and tris is not a whimpy workout:)-- i don't think any cathe workout is, really! you are doing great and i dont always double up or do add ons-- especially on crazy days!

rainaries-- way to go on 40/20! i think that is the hardest hiit on that dvd. my favorite is the pyramid. i like high reps, too! has been a while since i've done that one. like the music and the energy and yes, the ab work is great and intense!

renee-- shoot, i hope your calf feels better by tomorrow! i am always worried about injuring myself these days as my body is not nearly as resilient as it was back in my thirties. injuries are no fun, so i hope it was just a little strain. i am going to add on HS cardio to CBS tomorrow if i have the time and energy. i should after today being my rest day.

okay, off to watch a little netflix before i crash out. so grateful rik is picking up alec tonight!

Last edited:
Katied so good to hear from u today.
Ur day sounded eventful and exciting! I know what u mean about,nervous for them. I used to cover my face with my hands when my son wrestled. I miss those days. It was always something we were doing.
Im so sorry to hear about ur mom,! Not good news at all. Im praying.
My son the one that i worry about has been gone for two nights he comes home from work eats n showers and is gone again. Without so much as boo. U know he says i need to let go. Hum i think i need to pack his crap out side and tell him i love him but until he can get clean this is me letting go.. Now go live some place else. I find it just rude and we all feel used.
My calf js making me limp. I hope its just a bruisy cramp my DH said a cramp can feel like a bruise at times.

Hi Everyone, I am enjoying my rest day today. I did a full cheat day yesterday since I ate good all week.

Rainaries, I think 40/20 is one of Cathe's hardest workouts. Good for you. I really like Hi Reps too. Whenever I use it, I also do the upper body lower body split. I am nnot a fan of total body weights because for me, not only is it exhausting, but I don't work each part to it's fullest. ME is ok minus all of the step ups.

Renee, I hope your calf is ok. No advise about your son, but you will do what you have to, to do what is best for you right now. Does this make sense. Mental anquish is terribly draining. Prayers and good thoughts to you.

Katie, Hugs and prayers to you and your mom. I can't imagine what it would be like.
Too bad your son has to wait until Monday to find out. I'll bet you had a nice time relaxing last night. Netflix is great. We had it for a long time. I am thinking about getting it again as I haven't been to the movies in ages. We do have cable, and there is nothing on a lot of the time.

Eva, Hope you survived the wedding.

Melissa

Melissa
Well thank you.. I try to do the right yhing. To bad being a mom didnt come with instructions.
Well i think i will try ride today. Im supose to do sc but my calf hurts to put pressure on toes. So im thinking ill try ride or i may do rest day since tomorrow was rest day. Hopfuly tomorrow it will be better and ill pick up on Sc tomorrow. Not sure. Ill bbl to let u guys know what i decide.
I hope u enjoy your rest day.

hi girls. happy sunday morning. i got up and got in my workout for the day-- CBS-- and added HS cardio plus core 1. burned 778 calories, which i feel like i needed to do after a weekend of eating too much. anyway, glad i was able to double up today. i think CLB is on schedule for tomorrow.

melissa and renee-- thank you so much for your kind words. i am going with the kids to see mom today. it is super hard and very depressing lots of the time. if there is any solace for me it is that it seems as though she isnt in any pain, but losing her through this disease is horrible and she sure deserves better. she was always a super strong woman and mom to *8* of us. i have no idea how she did it and put up with my dad who was basically absent most of the time. ugh. and yes we are anxious for results for alec, but i am trying not to think about it, and he is so exhausted this morning that he has yet to make his way downstairs.

renee-- i am so sorry about your son and what you are dealing with. like i said, my sister finally put her son into treatment about two years ago now-- right at the time of his birthday. i think he initially hated her for it and was super angry, but now he has been sober since then and is grateful for her tough love. i know you will decide whatever is best, and am thinking of you and your family and sending you energy. oh, and i would rest that calf, though having ride sounds like a nice option. whenever i have pushed myself with something like that, though, i usually end up making it worse and then have to take even more time off. hoping it heals super fast.

melissa-- hope you are enjoying your rest day! i agree that 40/20 is one of the hardest workouts-- i think even moreso than CF or TTM. even CCC. dont know why that one feels so brutal to me.i have had my share of cheating the past few days:confused:. at least i am sweating it off, though.

eva-- hope you are having a relaxing day after the wedding. how did it go?

will check back in with you all later. enjoy your afternoon!

Done, i deccided to do ride, i only did 36 minutes. Tomorrow is rest day.
Katie im thinking of u n ur mom today.
Yes katie that is whats so scary see when he was 18 he went in rehab for a yr. To New Orleans. I thought it worked but it did not. I basicaly told him rehab or his dad or streets. So he went and seemed great for about 3 months then right back at it. My thought is to let him know i love him and i cant watch him distroy himself if he is rready for help im here buutuntil then he is not relly staying here anywayso tjiis is me letting go, he needs to pack his stuff and go. I hear this is what has to be done but its so hard. Around hre u cannot make someone geet help. They have to ask for the help themselves so my hands r tied.
He even says when i post anything to his fb it is embarrassing cause his mom is the one who post more stuff. Lol well it hurts my feelings he feels that way too. But ill sop yaking about it. Lol i pray annd hope i dont do any knee jerk reactions out of anger. Thanks guys.
Oh Katie u did a great job on ur workouts!! Holy cow ! Llove it! What week r u on again?

Greetings, Everyone,
The wedding went very well. It could not have gone any better. In the end, my worrying was for naught, which is always good. I am still floating off of the good vibes from yesterday...and having a lovely and quiet Sunday. I just finished doing BUTI tone, it's a free workout on Vimeo, Sample BUTI Tone Workout B on Vimeo. BUTI is this odd mix of yoga with some "booty shaking" moves added in for cardio effect here and there. I can't remember where I found out about these workouts, but I decided to try one today. I actually did half of this workout Friday night while I was sitting around watching TV (had it on the laptop), and decided to do it again in its entirety today. I am slipping back into one of those phases where drill or weight workouts are super boring for me. This happened to me a couple of years ago and I was doing a lot of dance workouts. I may be going back in that direction. I am missing the fun aspect of working out these days.

Renee, I am sorry to hear about the last few days with your son. I certainly would not be so bold as to offer advice, since I don't have any children, but I am sending you prayers. I admire you for pushing through all that you have going on right now and keeping up with your workouts; you've got to find at least one way to take care of yourself and to get those endorphins coming. But, I agree with Katie about your calf. I am still nursing my sore toe, and I think that's because I did not just take a week or two off to let it heal. It's not as bad as it was by any means, but it continues to be quite sore.

Katie, I am so sorry to hear about this latest development with your mom. I'm glad she's got good care, though. It sounds like they are on top of what her needs are and they seem to do a nice job of communicating with you as well, which does not always seem to be the case in those types of facilities. I'm assuming she's in a nursing home, or some long-term residential facility...I hope you had a good visit with her today. Sending you hugs and prayers. I'm glad Saturday went well and I'm crossing my fingers for good news for Alec. How is Henri doing these days?

Melissa, a cheat day is a nice reward for being good all week! Once I could get into the cycle of eating clean for 6 days and having a cheat meal on Saturday, I have pretty much been able to eat well for the last 4-5 years or so. That helped me make the transition to thinking of it as a lifestyle rather than a diet. I hope you had lots of yummy treats! I had some wedding cake yesterday and it was YUMMY. Cake is my absolute favorite treat ever. I LOVE CAKE!

I also have Netflix and really like watching things online. I've been getting sucked into watching House of Cards for the last two weeks. Is anyone else watching that?

Take care and enjoy the little bit of the weekend you have left.:)
Eva

hi girls. back in the snow here this morning-- winter storm warnings through tomorrow so it should make life interesting.:rolleyes: i have CLB today and core 2. think i will add the 100 rep hip thrusts. did my ashtanga this morning and now have a client before i can get my workout in.

thank you for your kind words about my mom, eva. it was actually a very tough visit yesteday, as she was in one of her super quiet moods. she just looks at me and doesn't really say anything. i don't think she knew who i was yesterday at all:(. she does seem to like listening to alec's voice-- it is really deep and mellow-- but beyond that, it was just silence. anyway, yes she is in a good nursing home with great nurses and staff and a great location, if she knew it. she is right on the lake. thanks for asking about henri! he has been doing amazingly well, and i am so grateful. happy to hear that the wedding went well and that you got a mellow day yesterday! i will watch that video here in a few-- you have me interested:) oh, and i just started that show on netflix!

waiting to check results for alec til he is home. i do have a video of he and his quartet from thursday night, though, for any of you who like classical music. he is the one who starts the piece, sitting on the right hand side all in black: Bethoven 616 - YouTube

renee-- i hope things are looking better for you today. i know dealing with your son's addiction must be beyond difficult. i am so glad you still take time for yourself as well-- you need it. continued good thoughts and prayers for you guys. thanks for thinking of my mom. hugs to you. oh, and i am starting week 9. hope your calf is feeling better today!

okay, better run! will try and check in later!

ha! looking at alec's video, i see they are all in black!:p he is the one with dark hair, too, though!

okay, really going now!

Hi Girls,
Katie,
Alec and his group are excellent! You are funny about the he is wearing black comment. That is something I would say !

Eva, You are great about mixing up your workouts. And you are motivated.

Renee, Hope your weekend ended up ok. Do you have a spin bike? i have a treadmill which I rarely use because I think it its boring to run, although I always felt like running gave me the best workout.

I Did supercuts with core 2. Core 2 is a killer for me from the warrior sit-ups til the end. There is too much pressure on my shoulder. So I can do the lying on the side sit ups and cork screws for the most part. I just fast forward the rest.

Have a great day!
Melissa

thank you, melissa! and yep, that was pretty observant of me with the black clothes:p. you had a good sweat today, huh? i think core 2 is way more intense than core 1. what gets me is when we move from climbing the rope just half way up and then all the way to a full sit up. for some reason that first full sit up always feels intense in my low back-- which has been a bit achey throughout this rotation. wish it would hurry up and be normal again:rolleyes:.

i did get CLB in and core 2 plus the 100 rep hip thrusts. felt super sore and achey post workout-- energy is low today for whatever reason (could be the thought of 10 inches of snow:eek:). i did lots of extra stretches and hope i feel more energetic tomorrow. i think it's BS bis and tris but need to double check. i was going to add some tabata but if my body still feels trashed i will probably just stick with weight work.

hope everyone is having a good day!

Katie
I agree for some reason this rotation is i guess hard on the back because my back lets me know its alive everyday in some way or another! I laughed at that comment too! The one in black.. Bahaha .. I do that and thats y im thinking its so funny and im so glad it ant just me. Lol ..
Ooo i love CLB.. Have i said that already? Ha ha .

Melissa i agree on the core but im embarrassed to say i still havnt gotten through either one! I hate working core i feel like it helps bring on a headache :(
Today is rest day. Tomorrow is cbs 10 th week! Yaaa im trying to figer what ill do after this. I know i need to stop eating like i have no tomorrow. I think i eat when im sad bored depressed. I do it at night like i said before. Im still not understanding y. Maybe i feel im missing something.. I know one thing im missing but i cant say on Cathe forum. Lol. Not sure if any one gets that or not. Ok anyway., i am going to do 30 days whatever i decide n concentrate on closing my mouth.. Lol thanks guys for making me laugh from time to time!

Oh my arms do show more toning but in some light it still looks like,an overstuffed burrito . Humm :(

Last edited:
I just lost my post!

Renee, I have nights where I will eat until my eyes shut. For me it is very relaxing, I know this is terrible, The more days I get in without doing it, the less I want to do it. Last week was my best eating week in ages. I did just eat too many jelly beans. Back on track.

My middle back is what hurts on core 2. My core is my weak area, besides shoulder, Also, this is the firsy time I actually do the core work, always figure, there is so much fat over muscles, what is the use of making them bigger, but they are stronger. About 2006 I had major abdominal surgery that literally cut up my lower stomach. It has taken years to get strength back.

Anyhow, CLb is great. On the last over the rop segment I have to will my legs to move. I wish this part was in the beginning.

Melissa

Started week 8!

Hi all-

Been busy (isn't that everyone's excuse??? so lame, I know) and my workouts (or lack there of) show it. I only got in 3 days last week: Legs (at least 60 min. can't remember which premix), BS:Bis and Tris (but only Bis) and Tabatase yesterday.

I was checking out how I've been doing in Workout Manager since the beginning of the rotation. I only have 5 rest days in January. In February, I only have 14 days of workouts (including skiing 2 times). And this month, thankfully I've only missed Friday. :) Here's to a better month!!

Today I actually got in BS:premix 2 tonight!

Do any of you actually get it exactly what it says?? I'm lucky if I get SOMETHING from the DVD suggested on the actual day and core work 2x a week would be a dream! I hope to get in the 80 min Legs premix tomorrow as it's my birthday, I should be able to right?? :) We are skiing our last time for the season on Wednesday, but I still hope to get in AOLIH as I'll be spending most of my time on the bunny slope with my 2 year old teaching him to stand up on skis. :)

I hope to get more time back reading your posts here as they are motivating! But I'm preparing to sell at 2 sales in the next 2 weeks, one for homeschool books and the other outgrown kids clothes/toys/stuff.

Welcome back, Lady Lep! Have fun skiing. Although you may be behind, give yourself a pat on the back for still getting some of your workouts in. Some is always better than none. ;)

Katie, I am sorry that you had such a sad visit with your mom yesterday.:(

I will be back tomorrow for personals, but I just wanted to log today. I did Low Impact Circuit. I think I am going to do the March rotation and throw in some Tonique here and there. I'm feeling so all over the place with my workouts lately, but at least I'm working out, so it's not that bad. Some is better than none. ;) I burned almost 600 calories. My eating was not very good today, so I'm glad I had a decent workout.

Off to bed. Early to bed, early to rise.

Eva

checking back in quick before movie with the kids and rik.

so, some bad news and some great news. the bad is alec did not make the finals in the competition:(. the great is he got a letter of acceptance to the u of m school of music for next year in their PSEO program! so, so happy for him! what this means is he will be taking college courses and his violin lessons (125 an hour) for FREE! he is a junior next year so he actually will be able to get two years of college credit and have to pay for nothing. who the heck needs private schools when he can do this? very happy for him and all of us!

eva-- low impact circuit is great! you got a nice calorie burn there!i also love drillmax-- seems like forever since i did that one. thanks for your kind words. it is so difficult and yet there are still many things to be grateful for. oh, and i looked at that workout. so did you like it and were able to follow it? was wondering if some moves would be hard on my back/neck. looks pretty sexy;). some of the guys around here might appreciate if i worked out to that:eek::p

renee-- sorry you are missing out on some things as i catch your drift;). i had many days like that back when i was married, and often times did not care, to tell the truth. hoping you have a good night over there. i am thinking i will do the february rotation after this-- adding in CF and TTM with xtrain. burn some serious calories:D. woo hoo on week 10!!!

melissa-- that surgery sounds super intense! i think working up slowly to core work is a good idea. hoping all of our backs feel better soon! i have been using tiger balm and arnica on and off on mine but it is getting a little old. sigh.

ladylep-- i think it is great you get any workouts in with such little ones! and homeschooling everyone! glad you checked in and hope you get back on again soon:D

good night everyone!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.