XTrain 90 Day Undulating Rotation

hi girls--

pretty mellow day here, actually, compared to what is coming the next two weekends:eek:. seriously, it is crazy how everything my kids are involved in music wise lands at exactly the same time. it's how it always goes-- so we are either really calm and quiet, or running around like crazy people with no in between. today i brought my oldest to the theatre downtown by 9 and he is there again rehearsing til 9 tonight. i could not do it if i were him, but he loves it. he says it is weird, though, being in the space as it is a big old enclosed theater-- no windows-- so he loses all concept of time. his show starts tomorrow night and before it does he is filming with his quartet for a national competition. meanwhile youngest will have a rehearsal. guess who is driving them to and fro?:p anyway, i should not complain as they are great kids and i love their music-- just wish it would be better spaced out as i said. and that i could take time off of work to just focus on them, sometimes!

today was CBS burn sets. i used 20 lbs for shoulders:eek: and survived! and upped some of the chest sets to 30 lbs. bet i will be sore! i added in core 2 and 100 rep lats and scarecrows. tomorrow is tabata!

renee-- sorry if you had a crappy night at home. i get those, too, and right now am dealing with an ex who is driving me nuts:mad::(. i wont go into all the details, but he lives out of town and has been quite absent lately in more ways then one, and it is getting a little old. hope you get both your workouts in! that sounds like it will be intense! watch how you feel:)

terina-- good to see you! i may have to try that rotation after this!

melissa-- glad you like tabata! i am kind of dreading it tomorrow, in a way, now that i have gone all 5 and feel the need to keep doing it! anyway, hope you feel 100% soon!

eva-- good to see you on here, too! i didnt use weights-- except the 5 lb when cathe did-- but really focused on the muscles and getting in there, and i think it helped! sorry your post got eaten! that has happened to me, too! hope tonique was good for you today!

rainaries-- i think that is a fantastic attitude to have! yay for you!

the sun is still shining here so i may have to try and get bugsy out for a walk! it is super windy, though!

enjoy your day everyone!

Terina helo! So glad to see u back. I do like that rotation.

Katie i hope you enjoyed the mellowness of the day! I always loves them lol. U r amazing u keep me motivated to go heavier! Geez lol

I did clb love that one! But i did the timesaver of chest back shoulders and i cleaned while she did tubing my tubing is red and didnt wnt to do it but wanted to do more then 1_ 4 rounds so i did 6 rounds. Lol multi tasking at its finest.
So i am so tired now. Wel good night all!

Hello,

I did not get to workout out last night...late night at work again. Today I go in late so I just finished AOLIH. Good workout. I've been missing my Cathe workouts on my Tonique binge. I'm now thinking of putting together a rotation that combines the two. I just need to sit down and map it out.

Katie, you are pushing some serious weight. Congratulations to you!!!

Gotta run and get ready for work. I hope you all have a good day!

Eva

hi girls!

headed out the door but wanted to come and check in with you all. today was tabatacise for me-- made it through the 5 levels and felt way better then last week on no sleep. also added core 1 and some extra ashtanga yoga as my upper body is in serious need of stretches-- major DOMS today after yesterday's heavy weights! my chest feels especially sore. it felt good to get super sweaty and then get some yoga in and hang in down dog for a while:)

eva-- like AOLIH, too! sorry for all your late days working! hope you get a rest soon! i think a tonique/cathe combo would probably be great, based on what you have told us about the workouts. :)

renee--good job on your workouts and multitasking!;) yes, i went heavy and man, am i feeling it today, but i think that is good. i am definitely noticing more contour in my upper body-- especially my shoulders and biceps. sometimes it is hard to tell, though, as i am always bundled up in sweaters!:p

alright, time to get my rear on the road. have a great day everyone!

Hi Everyone,
I have been so busy today, like everybody else. I did burn sets cbs. katie, I was jealous of your 30 lb presses, so i used 60 pound barbell. I made it ok, but was so worried about my shoulder, dropped down to 22 lb dumbells. I need to get 25 lb weights. I added core 1. I am imoressed with your workouts katie.

Eva, Way to go working out late. I can talk myself out of exercise if it is too late in the day.

Renee, Glad you had a day off. My go to foods are yogurt, cottage cheese, salmon, peanut butter and banana. I probably only eat one whole meal a day. Which could be why I binge some days.

Raining here again.Can't wait for no jacket weather.

Melissa

I haven't stopped blowing my nose since 2:30 this afternoon. I have had it. Having a hot toddy right now, is tea with whiskey clean? . Cardio leg blast is going to be a bust tomorrow if this keeps up.

Melissa

Hey Renee,
My mom makes the best hot toddies! i have a terrible headache, less nose blowing. Hope to get in clb. Talk to you later.
Melissa

Melissa, I'm sorry you're not feeling well! I hope that hot toddy hits the spot.

Katie, I'm glad to hear you had a quiet day queued up yesterday. Those seem few and far between for you. :)

Today I work from home so I am going to try to get a workout in early today. Not sure what I'm going to do. I heard about this workout series called "Pretty Fierce" on the videofitness board, and I got a link for a 5 time download to try it out. I will probably do that today. Maybe I'll add on about 20 minutes of Tonique toning because I feel I need to stay on target with that too.

Eva

Bis n tri burn sets plus aolih today. Today i do not work humm i did same thing on tues it seem u know skipping a wo! Double up the next day. Well at least im still doing them that counts right?

Im starting to feel blah. Not excited anymore! Wtheck is wrong with me. Only three more weeks.. I can do this. I think if mg eating was more controlled,id be happier.
Just drank coffee, now I'm Off to clean house n cook this evening and bible study.
Have good day girls

Eva and Renee,
Isn't it nice to have a day at home even if you have to work?

Finished clb, only stopped a few times to blow my nose and use the bathroom one time.
Why did I get on the scale? I think I have lost 5 pounds. I guess that is good. however, I have eaten really good all week and I don't think it helped scale wise, but I don't feel like a bloated cow.

Renee, You are doing really good. Think of how you would feel if you didn't exercise. Maybe you need to start planning your next rotation to have something to get psyched over. This whole 90 day thing really consumes a lot of my thinking. Your day sounds nice.

Thanks for all for all of the support.

Melissa

Hi All,

Renee, we are entitled to our blah days, the motivation will come back!

Sorry Melissa that your are sick, hope you have a speedy recovery!

katieD amazing doing all five I can barely do 2 tabatas!

Wed I did bi's and tri's from the Power series and Thursday I did Legs from the Power Series. Those are fun workouts, Cathe has short curly hair and wears a sweat band, so CUTE. My butt is cramping today so I am sure it looks hilarious as I'm rubbing my butt at work, hope that's not considered harrassment.

Rainaries i think anything now days is sexual harrasment. But may be dont make eye contact with any one,at same time ha ha ! Great job on the wos!

Today i did bis n tris and core. I fast forward thru the puhup triceps then for the band part i did cross face tricep extension instead. I am frustrated cause last time idid this i went up in weights and today i had to go back down in some of the third reps! Maybe its cause of ttom, r u guys not as strong during that time?

Melissa
Ill tak the five pounds! U r doing awesome if in these twelve weekss i could lose five pounds id be happy and motivated to do it again.
I think thats my problem. I feel bloated and skanky today. Lol oh well i sure hope my bubbly self comes around soon. Lol

Oh forgot to say the boss who likes to put all of us down, wants me to drive to georgia with her to the hynmen, it is a dental convention and classes.. I love going before when my old bosses took us. Well this is first time my doctor will take anyone and she wants me to go cause ive been here longer and she cant afford to take me n the other girl. Well i would love to go but get this... I have to share a hoyel room with her from wed to sunday! She never talks, she sleeps alot, she reads bible all day. Yall i love the bible but she is boring boring. I cant imagine doing this with her. I tried going to lunch with her once and i talked talked talk. Babble thats what i did.. She wont talk to us hardly maybe a few words here and there not much more. Then i worry about what will hapen when im gone with my son n hubby. I know i shouldmt worry. But i know the arguments are bad when im here, i am scared for when im not. Oh my. I haave to tel her byy monday.
I was thinking one part of me things good stuff like well this may give u and her a chance to get to know each other, or i may bring her out of her shell. And well what happens at home while im not here may need to happen. Hum. Confused.

Oh my goodness! If I were talking to you directly there would be profanity. i couldn't imagine having to share a hotel room with the boss, or anyone from work. That is a lot of days. Do you have to go, and what happens if you don't? Talk about an uncomfortable situation. Sorry to be so negative.

Thank you Eva and Renee for well wishes.

Melissa

Lol no that was my thoughts exactly,!
No i dont have to .. So thats good but it is ackward ! To have to tell her no. I told her i will have to discuss it with DH .. Now if i decide not to i have to find a good reason not to .. I hate to lie but. Geez.. I know her she is the type to be in bed by 6 lol i love to chat and she wont chat and i dont know what to say to her.
She keeps her office door shut and hardly talks except to remind u of something u already know to do! Ya it is very ackward lol

Hello Everyone,
Melissa, kudos to you for pushing through and working out today though you were not feeling 100%. That's not easy to do. Most folks would have taken the day off. I am so excited for your five pound loss. That may have not been what you were hoping for, but I would say that is STUPENDOUS! Five pounds is a lot, especially if you consider you might also be putting on weight via muscle because you've been lifting consistently for several weeks. That's a wonderful accomplishment.

Renee, kudos to you for doubling up!! I hope you enjoyed your day off of work. Sounds like you might have taken a "mental health day"? Enjoy bible study this evening. Sounds like you're having a lovely day to me. :) You mentioned that were getting super bored. If that is the case, maybe you can start supplementing some of the cardio workouts like Rainaries is doing. This rotation is so repetitious...maybe adding some new videos here and there will keep it fresh. Or, you can just start another rotation. I know you were trying to get in to the discipline of doing a rotation though, so maybe just a little more variety by adding new tapes will break your boredom and help you accomplish your larger goal.

Rainaries, I love going back and doing old videos...it's neat to see how Cathe has changed over the years. Most of us don't have the benefit of having old videos of what we looked like 20 years ago! What's amazing is how good Cathe still looks. She's hardly aged at all.

Today I did 30/30. Even though I worked from home (which I do love, Melissa, you are so right!), I was swamped today. Sometimes I can carve out an hour at lunch time to do a long workout, but that did not happen today. I tried to do that Pretty Fierce workout and it was a total bust. It was the "upper body endurance" workout. She was lifting weights at hyper speed, which seemed like a really bad idea. The premise seems to be that you do 3 or 4 exercises as fast as you can in a circuit, and then do the circuit three times. When you're doing weight work, that's a BAD IDEA. You cannot do fast weight work with moderate weights and not have bad form. I did one circuit and was like "Umm, no thanks", then I put on 30/30. She did have an interesting move called the "tricep pushup" that was different from Cathe's. You go down on your elbows in a plank and push up from there. I've never seen that move before.

Katie, I hope you're having a good day!

Take care,
Eva

Oh, just my two cents on your boss trip, Renee. I am always baffled when two adults who have no other connection other than working together are expected to want to share a hotel room. That is just super odd to me. Especially when that person is your boss. That just seems to cross the line. I understand she may be trying to save money, but really, a hotel room is not *that* expensive.

Good luck to you whatever you decide to do...I would be so embarrassed I'm not even sure how I would respond to that request.

Eva

hi girls!

finally getting a chance to check in! it has been another crazy day and we are headed out this evening to see alec's play. i think he is pushing himself way too hard. he had opening night last night after recording with his quartet after school til 5:30, got home at 10:00 and did homework til 1:am. now he is upstairs practicing cause he has a competition tomorrow.:( i told him i hope he doesnt get sick. i will be glad when this show is over, but it runs all next week.

today for he was SC. i added core 2 and 100 rep hip thrusts. tomorrow is rest day and i am glad-- too much running around with the kids to get a workout in otherwise!

thank you to everyone for the compliments on my workouts! that really helps me keep motivated to keep my butt in gear. i only wish i could be so good with my eating! after getting home late last night i couldnt stand the thought of cooking and ordered vegan pizza from pizza luce. ate too much and felt all bloated:mad:. i am with you there, renee! probably that time of the month soon for me, too, which means i am craving chocolate! but i had oatmeal for an early dinner now before the musical.

melissa-- congrats on the weight loss! woo hoo! i htink 5 lbs is awesome! hope you keep feeling better!

eva-- that workout sounds scary! i love all the hiits on that dvd, but the pyramid is my fav. think 40/20 is the hardest for me. hope your work load eases up a bit!

renee-- that sounds bizarre to me-- i would not want to room with her. i also understand your not wanting to leave when things are stressed at home. i think you will make the decision that is best. sorry you are in a bit of a funk with the workouts-- are you getting enough sleep? that always zaps my energy and happens way too often. i agree with eva's advice and adding in some cardio to spice things up, if they don't turn around on their own. you are almost done!!

rainaries-- i have an ab workout of cathe's with the headband! those 80's looks sure were interesting;)

okay, hope i am not missing anybody but have to get moving! hope everyone has a great night and i will probably check in tomorrow evening after my youngest's recital.

Hello Everyone,
A super quick post for me. Today is my sister's wedding and I need to get ready for that. Big (and long) day planned for today. I did manage to get about 20 minutes of Intensity in this morning. I basically did the warm up and the first step portion before the blasts. I guess that's better than nothing. Now I'm going to have some coffee and brace myself. My family is kind of crazy, so it's going to be a trying day.

Katie, I hope your son has a good performance today! He has such an amazing work ethic. He will be rewarded for his perseverance...they all will be as they are amazing hard workers. You've done a great job with them.

Greetings, Melissa and Renee. I hope you gals have a good day!

Have a great weekend, Everyone!

Eva

Eva, Have fun and good luck today, at least you got your workout in, something for yourself.

Katie, Hope you get to relax a little today.

Renee, I have been thinking about your work predicament. What if you told your boss you want to go to the seminars, however, you don't feel comfortable blurring the line between boss and employee by sharing a room. Hope you have a good Saturday.

Just did bis and tris. No add ons. I feel wimpy compared to you all.

Melissa

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.