XTrain 90 Day Undulating Rotation

renee and melissa-- i would always be happy to take a nap if i could! today it never happened and i am really feeling this long day right now. i am watching a little 23 month old tonight for a friend, so i am hoping she lets me sleep tonight! i plan on getting up super early before i take my oldest to school and getting tababacise in. wondering what that will feel like so early in the morn, when i typically try that one late morning.

computer is still functioning-- thank goodness!!

sleep tight!
katie

Katie, glad ur computer is working!
Good luck one babysitting! If miss having little babies around.

Melissa lol that is what if tjought! How rude to come in my bedroom but if wad wondering maybe im strange cause if dont like it. Lol if doo that sometimes rethink.
I still came up with oo that mad me mad and if had a right to be, but wanted to drop that by u all. I was hoping if wasnt the only one and if wasnt overthinking. If was nice7 to herd but im sure she could tell if was annoyed.
Night everyone!
Ill gets off for the night but if any of u r still on ill know cause if have u one and apple for my phone. subscribe to the thread so it alerts me when someone post. I really love this little group !

my phone just alerted me to your post, renee:). still up, but headed to bed in a few. i meant to say you had every right to be upset, too! i would not appreciate anyone letting themselves into my space, and especially in my bedroom! i do have a friend like that, though-- no boundaries at all and it drives me crazy, even though i know she means well and has a good heart.

okay, really off to bed now!!

will check in tomorrow, internet permitting!:)

Lol me again ! Yes this friend is a good hearted person but she is so sweet ihave no clue how to tell her she is in my space, if didnt want to hurt her feelings .. So i let it go. If i dont think she will do it again.
Okay im off to be to. Hot in cleveland is on..

Hi Everyone,
Katie, I hope you got some sleep! And that the baby slept. How did tabata go? I think I start that next week. Any tips on which one to do first?

I did hs with conditioning. The conditioning is really fun and fast. I only made it through two rounds of the situp pushup combo, and of course on my knees. The plank things I did on the ball becuase my right shoulder felt like it was foing to give out.

Anyhow, I am doing really well with eating. Today is parent student lunch at school, pizza is on the menu. My kids' school mostly has healthy stuff on the menu. I guess I will eat pizza and only eat cottage cheese and fruit the rest of the day. Maybe I will get the turkey sandwich. These are the types of thoughts I am having today, always about food!

I am subscribed to the thread, the only time I get an email is if someone directly replies to my post. Is there a way to get all posts?

Thanks,
Melissa

Hi all,
my internet has been wonky so I couldn't post the last couple of days but I could read them.
I'm in my 6th week but now swapping out a majority of Xtrain with my new Cathe Dvd's, so instead of hardstrikes I did MMA Kickbox which doesnt have jump kicks and I LOVE jumpkicks so a little disappointed but the ab portion is awesome (i hate abs in general). Yesterday was supposed to be Xtrain bi's and tris and I swapped slow and heavy bi's and tri's wow that had me using very colorful language, and it had my veins popping out so love this workout can't wait to try the rest of the slow and heavy.

hi all! quick post from me as the day is a crazy one and i am feeling fried. the little peanut i watched woke up wailing at 11:30:(. i forgot those days! anyway, no real sleep since then so i am feeling like a zombie today. i did do tabatacise, all 5 levels plus core 1 and added 100 reps for bis and tris. that was not something i would recommend on no sleep, but i am competitive with myself and seeing as how i had done all 5 before, i was bound and determined to do the same again:confused:. my bis and tris were especially sore-- not sure why-- but i know i have DOMS from CBS yesterday as i used 30lbs for lat rows and 20s for chest flys.

melissa-- way to go on the eating. i am like that, too-- always thinking about it. it's hard not to. isnt HS fun? i would say try one tabata when the time comes, and if you feel like doing more, just keep on keeping on;). hope you had fun w/your little one!

rainaries-- new workouts are always fun! sounds like some great workouts! bet you will have some DOMS, huh?

okay,, off i go. will try and check back tonight if i still have my eyes open!!

Melissa on mine i just subscribed to the thread and it alerts if anyone post on the thread in general, i wonder why yours dont?
I love everything about hs! So fun! Oh as far as tabats, like Katie says try one and go by how u feel. What i did was start off with two. Then i did that a couple times, and the next time i did two but added the premix of step portion. Im hoping that will help get to three and four. It really is hard. At least i think so.

Rainaris wow i love it! I want to hear of any DOMS ! I have gym styles legs n bis and tris but not chest back n shoulders. I gotta do them again soon.. After xtrain i do miss the others lol. I always feel like i want to do all her wos? I wish my body could take it, id do three everyday! I got more time just old joints. Lol

Katie sorry u got no sleep. But...holly cow women! All five tabatas? And no sleeep? And 100 reps bii n tris? Lol you go girl! Love it. Dang it i got to at least try three next time. You are killiing it. I barly get two tabatas! For some reason i am sceereet !!!
I think hearing the warning was scary, so im afraid my heart will skip lol. I got to try, thanks for the inspiration.!
You ladies are truly keeping me excited to exercise. Tonight is bible study, so rest day for me, but i am getting excited! I want to do HhS or Tabata!

Rainaris,
It is exciting to get new workouts! I am going to do the xtrain with crossfire and to the max next becuase I haven't done those two consistently. Although I may sub some weight work.
Computers are so annoying.

Renee, When we do tabata and she says pick one, is it pick one premix? I am so confused.

Katie, I'll bet you are soooo tired. Good job on the workout. I only ate one slice of pizza and picked off a lot of cheese. So, for me that is an improvement.

Hope you all have a good night.

By the way, I will miss you all when you are done with your 90 days!

Melissa

Melissa,
Yes it is a premix i chose premix two but i skip abs and do the premix of step. Then i will go to the chapter core or cooldown and stretch.
Great job on one slice!
Oh im still gonna be here after the 90 days melissa!

I have been thinking back o my early days of exercise and I remebered this gem from Kathy Smith,

http://www.discogs.com/sell/item/64270814

i can remember doing butt lifts to I Love a Rainy Night. Maybe this is why I hate floor work lol!

It had an instructional poster. Imagine having only a poster to do Cathe workouts.

Melissa

Lol wow never saw this before! I loved Kathy Smith i had the step wo and step for buns and thighs, and power step and a few more!

I wish she did more step. I have hers and Cher, and rebox Gin mmiller the video. I still got them i like doing it still just for extra easy cardio.

Greetings,

Katie, I am sorry you did not get any sleep last night. I hope you're sound asleep now, or heading to bed soon. It's hard to stay focused and do what you need to do on little sleep. I bow down to you doing all 5 tabatas on no sleep, and I can relate to what you're saying about being competitive with yourself. I'm the same way.

Rainaries, I bet it's fun to have all of those Cathe workouts! That will keep you motivated for sure. It is *so* much fun to get new workouts and to master them over time. That alone is an awesome fitness challenge, and as long as you're mixing it up, you can't go wrong. I've never tried the slow and heavy series, but folks have great things to say about the results they have achieved from that series.

Renee, I hope you had a good evening of bible study. Your post about your preacher and the effort he makes to hold those meetings was very inspiring. Your story about your friend was quite the shocker. Like Melissa, I was pretty blown away that she came into your bedroom. I would have jumped out of my skin! But, she obviously meant no harm. You certainly should not be guilty or embarrassed about napping, though. You're in your own house, you can do whatever. I would have been more terrified than anything.

Melissa, congratulations on getting on a good streak with your eating. For me the key to that is just remembering that every day is a new day. If I eat like crap one day, I just get back on the wagon the next day. I do the same thing you do, where I plan my food over the course of the day. I think that's a good thing, because if you know you're going to eat something high calorie, you can plan for it and try to keep the rest of your day reasonable. You should give yourself a pat on the back for planning ahead.;) Thanks for the blast from the past on the Kathy Smith workout. When I first started working out at home in college, she was my absolute favorite. I must have done that step tape a million times.

Today I needed a break and did Ultimate Yogi strength. I should have done my Tonique mat workout, but I could not face that today. That workout is brutal and my legs are still sore from yesterday. Tomorrow I will try to do Tonique 1 again and may throw in a mat section or two. Fridays I work from home, so I can usually get two blocks of workout time if I really need to. I'm going to dinner with some girlfriends tomorrow night, so I'll need to find a way to burn some extra calories so that I can at least have a glass of wine.;)

Renee, do you know when you're going to get your Tonique workouts?

Eva

Hi Eva,
I checked out the ultimate yogi website. It looks interesting. I have tried yoga, although only at home with dvds. I just feel antsy when doing it. Some of the moves hurt my shoulder. Anyhow, If I could rent the videos, I may give them a try.

Renee,
Before finding Kathy on fit tv, I was also doing Gin Miller. I was psyched to find Cathe because the home workouts were getting really boring. I am surprised that more people haven't heard of her. St least, nobody I know has.

So, i did cardio leg blast, no breaks, yeah! I wonder if it is because I ate a bowl of cereal for breakfast rather than yogurt. I did core 2 minus planks and a few reps of the warrior thingys. I like core 1 better.

Happy Friday Girls!

Melissa

hi girls!

can you believe, i finally slept last night! so happy! about 7 1/2 hours which is really good for me. very thankful for that and feeling good today! i did supercuts plus core 2 and left it at that as i still have some DOMS pretty much everywhere! from the last few days. i also am so excited for two reasons: the first is that my niece had her baby last night! he is a cutie and a *big* boy! 9 lbs, 3 oz! anyway, may go see them later today if the roads aren't horrible as last night the snow started in again. second big news is that my daughter imala's trio advanced to the semifnals of their competition! so excited for her! so they go and perform at a big competition on march 23rd and will compete for a big cash prize.

renee-- love your posts-- they crack me up. i think the tabatas/hiit used to scare me more until surviving that crossfire/to the max rotation:eek: i figure, if my heart survived that okay, it can get thru the 5 levels:p. you guys keep me going, too, btw! hope you had a good rest day!

melissa-- you are doing so well with your food planning! wish i was that consistent. at least i get the workouts in, but i know i need both. amazing how there is so much vegan junk food to indulge in! good for you and getting through all the CLB! yay!

eva-- a day of yoga sounds like a good idea, i think! especially when you are burning such mega calories most days! i will be curious to know how renee likes tonique. right now i am thinking of another cathe rotation once xtrain ends, but we'll see. hope you had a fun night out!

looking forward to the weekend, even though it will be a busy one with the kids' schedules. they have so much going on the next couple of weeks, i hope i survive it all! :eek:

will check in later!

Katie ur right i did do to the max n crossfire. Hum im still here! Ok tomorrow is tabata so im gonna go for it, and pray ass i go. Lol

Hey ladies question : have you guys heard of Mally makeup? so expensive not sure if it does what it says it does. Wish i could afford it.

Today is chest back and shoulders burn sets.
I am feeling sick to my belly today and i cant get sick! My son was sick three days ago im praying i,am not getting what he had. My head hurts and i am not keeping anything done to put it nice. Yuk. So i hate missing a day oof exercise if it was nice out id probly go walking to see if air would help. But... NO its raining again and not good to walk in the rain sick .

Oh Eva im not sure when im getting my tonique. I was trying to tdack it but its says 20th it was at WI ? Where that is? Idk! Lol. Cant wait to try one.. I was thinking of adding her cardio on the bis n tris day for more cardio. I hope i like it!

oh no, renee! i hope you dont get sick!! if you have any stomach stuff going on, i think it is better not to work out. i once tried to workout with the flu (fever and sinus stuff)and it was a bad idea. i got so nauseated and ended up puking just by going about 10 mins:(. better to let your body rest and recover. i will never try that again. i work out with colds, but never fevers and never stomach stuff. hoping yours isnt what your son had and you are already feeling better as i type!

oh and melissa, i meant to also say that i will be around after the xtrain rotation, and i hope you will, too!! i also prefer core 1 to core 2, but i figure i have to mix it up and crank out both if i want to see results;)

okay, off to shovel snow!

and i still say for all of you who want to start with yoga, to check out bryan kest who has been around since the 90s and was my first intro to yoga. he has great, sweaty yoga workouts on dvd and also cds from actual classes. he is super down to earth, which i love. in one class he actually says that you need to remember why you "dragged your ass to yoga class" and focus on your breath and not be competitive or have your mind wandering. he is pretty funny to listen to, and easy on the eyes, too! www.poweryoga.com

Melissa,
It sounds like you and I were doing some of the same workouts back in the day! I had a Gin Miller tape too, I think I found her after Kathy Smith. Her workouts were much harder, at least that is my memory now. I loved her Texas accent. She was doing a lot of athletic moves off and on the step that seemed ahead of their time back then. Now those types of moves are more popular but I think she was a pioneer in many ways.I don't know anyone that knows Cathe either, but I don't know anyone who works out at home the way I do. I think a lot of folks I know think that the only real workout you get is at the gym itself, or with a personal trainer. Even my fiance says that and he sees me killing myself in there with Cathe almost daily. It's a weird bias that I think a lot of people have, unfortunately. I always tell him by the time he gets dressed, drives to the gym, gets to the locker room, etc, I'm halfway done with my workout, and his has not even started yet. ;) Congrats on making it all the way through Cardio Leg Blast with no rests. That workout is very challenging. Hearing you mention it is making me think I should put that on my list for tomorrow...I do like that workout a lot, and I am spent by the end. Maybe I'll tack on a Tonique mat section and really burn up those quads tomorrow. We're going out for dinner again on Saturday, so I'll have to burn some extra calories for that anyway. I plan on getting french fries, and I'm already getting psyched about it. It's been 6 months since I had them last and I've been craving them lately. I hear you about the yoga being tough on your shoulders. That's where I was a little sore today, from all of those downward dog poses I think...or maybe it's those slow yogi push ups (or both). I rarely get sore there, so I thought that was pretty interesting. You're wise to realize that may not be a good match for your tweaky shoulder. I do like these UY workouts, but I am far from being a convert. It's just not clear to me that you can get in and stay in shape doing these. They are definitely challenging, but I can't wrap my mind around exercising for an hour and only burning 250 calories. And my cardio endurance would disappear. They're nice to incorporate here and there, though, and I definitely want to add them in more.

Katie, congrats to your daughter and her trio. I kept meaning to post to thank you for sharing that video of her and her group playing. That was absolutely beautiful. They are quite the virtuoso musicians. I hate to say it, but my nephew, who is studying music in college, is not quite where she is and he's managed to get into music school and has played gigs with some professionals, so I would say she has a bright future if she wants to stick with music. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed that they do well at the semi-finals. A cash prize is a lot of icing on the cake. Glad you got some sleep last night, and good for you for not killing yourself on your workouts today. You push yourself really hard and you could probably use a mini-break. That's not really a break, but it's one for you!;)

Renee, sorry you are not feeling well, that stinks! Laying low will hopefully help you get back on your feet, although not being able to eat stinks. Hopefully you can at least hold down some fruit juice and water so that you're not getting dehydrated. I'll be sending you healing vibes. Maybe your Toniques will arrive just in time for you to feel better. I got the downloads from her website because I did want to wait. They're not chaptered like Cathe's are, but they are fine.

Today I did Tonique disc 1, and it was a good workout. I was determined to get through the first part with no breaks and I accomplished that today. It's not long, but it's high impact for about 10-15 minutes and it gets pretty rough for those last few sets. If you guys are curious about those workouts, here is a link to two clips, one from each disc. The first clip is the workout I did today. I've not done the second disc yet, I'm saving it. TONIQUE 2 WORKOUT DVD SYLWIA WIESENBERG. I notice I've gotten really accustomed to having breaks in my workouts, which Cathe has used a lot the last few years. This woman does NOT take meaningful breaks and so even excluding them pushes the workout to another level. I burned 600 calories in about an hour (I add a few breaks here and there to get water, she does not even seem to stop for that! She's bananas, but very inspiring). The thing that is interesting to me about these workouts is that they get that kind of burn mostly from squats and lunges. Most of it is low impact, very lower body focused, but they are so challenging for me.

Okay, I've babbled on long enough. Take care!
Eva

Eva,
I can't believe you went 6 months with no fries. Enjoy them. Try them with sour cream and cheddar cheese on top. Or with a chocolate milkshake. Just kidding. I am making myself crave french fries now. One of my downfalls is doritos. I used to only eat them on New Years Eve. I used to have excellent willpower. Part of my problem is, as I am getting older, it takes longer to see results, and I get in a what's the difference attitude.

I amy give tonique a try for something different after 90 days is up. The last time I got a non Cathe workout was Power Strikes on vhs. Fun, but monotonous.

I think you are right about people thinking you only get a good workout at the gym. We have a membership at the YMCA which has an excellent gym. I have used it once in the past year. I Like my own space at home. I have fans strategically placed and I can wear what I want. Plus, when I collapse on the floor in a pool of sweat, nobody can see me.

Renee, I really hope you are ok. I wouldn't workout either, it might out your stomach over the edge.

Sorry for being so chatty, it is nice to have people to talk to about this stuff.

Katie, Is the clip of your daughter still accessible?

Thanks,
Melissa

Lol melissa i love to chat on here!

I know what u mean having noone to talk to about this stuff. Well i have noone to talk to about anything here but my dog. I tell u i have to find humor in everything or id go nuts. I love that about the fries lol n now you got me thhinking about a milkshake. Lol

I was reading about oill pulling and using coconut oil dor lotion. Also read coconut oil helps lose weight?

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.