Who cares in October?

fitover.40

Cathlete
Starting us finally

Saturday, 32 miles, sore quads , Sunday 20, still sore quads so really concentrated on pulling up on pedals which resulted in sore hamstring and gluteus! Monday, rainy, quick dog walk, still walked 2.5 miles. Tuesday, still sore, RWH ch,shoulder,tri, added on core. Windy and cold so shorter dog walk.

Ronne, I get those home delivery meals, I made Yorkshire pudding, thought of you! I think it turned out good but not very pudding in them.

Gotta run, waves to all!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi fit babes! I had a lot of catching up to do from September! Thank you for starting us off in October Lisa!

Lisa, I got tired reading about your workouts above! I thought it was so interesting that you saw so many butterflies, I never did when I lived in California and I was there for over 20 years. I'm sorry your neighbor has been slowing down, I thought she was getting faster riding with you. I'm sorry you are having Seattle weather, we are getting yours on the days we don't get rain! I'm happy this week because we are having sunny days (but cold nights into the low 40s). Last year, Oct. 1st hit and so did the bad weather, right on though May. I get the mammo every year and got the colonoscopy because I'd never hear the end of it from my doctor. I take too many meds to avoid him!

Ronne, is it still raining a lot? How is your sleep? Mine differs every night it seems. But Dh's seems to as well so I have no explanation! Were you able to find your missing songs from I-Tunes? I don't freak out about much but I would freak out about that because I love my music so much! I think it's awesome DH cooked for your Sunday gathering for friends. Can I borrow him for the party my DH decided we were going to have at the end of the month? No, it's not a Halloween party, it's a harvest party.

Hi Murphy! Are you going to do the October Cathe rotation? I think I will. But after this week. I feel like I'm dragging and don't want to do hardcore Cathe either! Tracie Long sounds better. You also made LOL when you said you were bad robbers in your escape room and that you slept in, felt guilty, then slept some more. You go my friend! And please sleep for me while you are at it!

Mary, thank you for your very good advice on the Tempurpedic! I quoted you to DH and then said, "Tempurpedic it is!" I got no comment so I think I'm making progress! And I am so with you on the not aging thing. It feels good not to be the only one! Congrats on DH's triathalon! I too would be a fabulous cheerleader because it doesn't look like fun to me at all. I work with someone 2 years younger than me who runs marathons and it takes so much out of him. I just can't do that to myself I guess. I hope you are no longer suffering from 90 degree weather!

Jody, workout DVDs are just a guideline to do our own thing! If I didn't put a DVD in, I would just stand there, that's how much motivation I have on my own. I feel for you on the stress of planning your trip! I'm stressing out planning a long weekend getaway with a friend out of state (Arizona) so I'm just avoiding it altogether! I think it has a lot to do with what Ronne said, the internet is info overload!

Roxie, congratulations on another grandbaby on the way! How many grandchildren will that be now? 3?

Let's see. Last week I was out of town for 2 days for work so I tackled ME, HS and HSTA (skipping some cardio sets) because I felt I was slippin'. Now this week I'm just plain ol' tired! TF yesterday and just a run with BB tonight. Probably won't do Cathe for the rest of the week.

Wishing you all warm sunny days this week! (But not too hot) Tracy

Hello girls! Hope everyone is well. I was doing a step workout from CTX, (Murphy inspired). I missed the dang step fell and broke my ankle! So, now I'm in a boot. So annoying! I have to put my thinking cap on and figure out what to focus on.

Lisa, dang that's a lot of riding!

Tracey, a harvest party? That sounds like fun! I do love autumn.

What's up with everyone else? Not much here. Just have been watching the news, devastation everywhere. I did start watching a sweet show on Netflix, Travels with my Father with Jack Whitehall. A 26 year old traveling through Bangkok and Cambodia with his 77 year old dad, many chuckles! Have a good day! Mary

Hi fit babes! I had a lot of catching up to do from September! Thank you for starting us off in October Lisa!

Lisa, I got tired reading about your workouts above! I thought it was so interesting that you saw so many butterflies, I never did when I lived in California and I was there for over 20 years. I'm sorry your neighbor has been slowing down, I thought she was getting faster riding with you. I'm sorry you are having Seattle weather, we are getting yours on the days we don't get rain! I'm happy this week because we are having sunny days (but cold nights into the low 40s). Last year, Oct. 1st hit and so did the bad weather, right on though May. I get the mammo every year and got the colonoscopy because I'd never hear the end of it from my doctor. I take too many meds to avoid him!

Ronne, is it still raining a lot? How is your sleep? Mine differs every night it seems. But Dh's seems to as well so I have no explanation! Were you able to find your missing songs from I-Tunes? I don't freak out about much but I would freak out about that because I love my music so much! I think it's awesome DH cooked for your Sunday gathering for friends. Can I borrow him for the party my DH decided we were going to have at the end of the month? No, it's not a Halloween party, it's a harvest party.

Hi Murphy! Are you going to do the October Cathe rotation? I think I will. But after this week. I feel like I'm dragging and don't want to do hardcore Cathe either! Tracie Long sounds better. You also made LOL when you said you were bad robbers in your escape room and that you slept in, felt guilty, then slept some more. You go my friend! And please sleep for me while you are at it!

Mary, thank you for your very good advice on the Tempurpedic! I quoted you to DH and then said, "Tempurpedic it is!" I got no comment so I think I'm making progress! And I am so with you on the not aging thing. It feels good not to be the only one! Congrats on DH's triathalon! I too would be a fabulous cheerleader because it doesn't look like fun to me at all. I work with someone 2 years younger than me who runs marathons and it takes so much out of him. I just can't do that to myself I guess. I hope you are no longer suffering from 90 degree weather!

Jody, workout DVDs are just a guideline to do our own thing! If I didn't put a DVD in, I would just stand there, that's how much motivation I have on my own. I feel for you on the stress of planning your trip! I'm stressing out planning a long weekend getaway with a friend out of state (Arizona) so I'm just avoiding it altogether! I think it has a lot to do with what Ronne said, the internet is info overload!

Roxie, congratulations on another grandbaby on the way! How many grandchildren will that be now? 3?

Let's see. Last week I was out of town for 2 days for work so I tackled ME, HS and HSTA (skipping some cardio sets) because I felt I was slippin'. Now this week I'm just plain ol' tired! TF yesterday and just a run with BB tonight. Probably won't do Cathe for the rest of the week.

Wishing you all warm sunny days this week! (But not too hot) Tracy

Tigger-that will be number five

Hi all

Mary - poor you! How awful. Presumably that's going to be about 6 weeks out. I predict lots of UB work in your future!

Tracy - party sounds like fun! I'm sure DH would love to cater for you!! No, the rain's cleared up. Having quite nice early autumn weather here. I lost about 800 songs in the end. A lot of them I've probably still got on CD in the loft when I can be bothered to go up and look for them. Some of them I may not be able to get back. Take it easy with the workouts, if you don't feel up to hardcore stuff, it's probably for a reason.

Lisa - keep on ridin'! Yorkshire pudding shouldn't be like a pudding really, it's like choux pastry. Did you have the full roast dinner?!

Been keeping up with the workouts, yoga, DM cardio, ICE MTB and today is LBB.
Really enjoyed the gig at the weekend, took me most of Sunday to recover. I got in at 1.45am!

Yesterday was just a dog walk because DH had to get to root canals! So I took it easy on him, aren’t I nice? Today DH and I rode 20 miles and I had Some personal records on part of the ride so I’m getting faster and that must be why my legs are getting sore!

Ronne, yes we had a sirloin steak with the demi glazce sauce. I really like the Yorkshire putting, the name threw me off, I guess we would call it more biscuits but then you call biscuits cookies! Are we speaking the same language? LOL!

Mary, oh no! How in the world did you miss the step and fall so hard that you broke your ankle?

Tracy, that’s funny about your doctor and you can’t avoid them because you take too many meds. I’m going for my mammogram next week but I’m not doing a colonoscopy! My body my decision and my doctor better still give me the diazepam I need! I did get a new helmet for my bike and it is a lot lighter, I’m hoping this helps my neck feel better after rides. You wouldn’t think a couple ounces would be much of a difference but if I can feel a difference in my hands then surely my poor neck can feel the difference! I also used DVDs as a guide and modify and do my own thing where needed but I’m just like you I didn’t have a DVD I won’t know what to do!

Hi ladies

Lisa - Poor DH! No, you call biscuits cookies. I've no idea what the thing that you call biscuits is!

No workout today. Lots of little twinges, so giving my body a rest. Off for DH's birthday weekend surprise. See you all on Monday!

Hello! How is everyone? Today is the first day I have worked out in a week! I did PS CS&T.

Ronne, hope DH had a wonderful birthday!

Lisa, I was going around the world and didn't make it! My foot landed on the smooth edge instead of the rubber part and down I went. How is your DH feeling?

Jody, i see your pictures! Have you met up with Ronne yet? Looks like you are having so much fun!

Roxie, when is the new baby due?

Murphy, what are you all up to?

Tracey, how about you?

Not much else new here. Football was on Friday. Got to go see DD march on Saturday, yesterday was just errands. Back to work tomorrow! Hope everyone has a good days! Mary

Good Morning,

KCM Plateau Buster this morning anxiously awaiting her new workout series and nutrition plan that goes on sale tomorrow.

Mary- around the 15th of May but she has her babies early so end of April first of May. They haven’t told the brother yet I don’t think he will be happy.

Cycled on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday but DH mouth is hurting really bad so took off Sunday even though it was a gorgeous fall day. Today it’s snowing , our neighbors big tree branch broke and fell on our shed. So today’s workout was watching them cut it down then I did rwh back, shoulder , bicep. Dh called oral surgeon and got some antibiotics as they think it’s an infection, poor dh hasn’t slept well in 3 nights!

Ronne, I think what we call biscuit must be your Yorkshire pudding, because when we were eating it I say, it’s like what we would have as a biscuit!

Mary, are you in much pain?

Hello! Today I did a live Cathe, senior fit! Lol, perfect for my circumstances right now.

Lisa, I cannot believe all the snow you got! Crazy! We are still in the high 70's. I am ready for a little bonfire weather tho.

Roxie, ohhh! A spring baby!

Hope everyone else is well. Have to go get DS from school. Good evening to all! Mary

Hi all. Sorry to not have posted. I have been lurking and thought I posted while lurking. ??? Anyway, I have been following the theme of the October rotation. It seems like each week is a different series so that is what I have been doing. It's going okay.

Mary - I hope you are doing well. Falling off the step is one of my fears. I am sending you healthy vibes.
Roxie - Congrat's on the upcoming grandchild.
Tracy - I hope you are getting some sleep. Keep us posted on the Tempurpedic.
Ronne - How was the party - or are you still partying? :)
Lisa - How is your neck with the new helmet?
Jody - Are you back yet?

Murphy

Hi all

Sorry I missed yesterday but I was hanging out with Jody and her daughter in London! It was so nice to meet her and we had a nice lunch and a mooch around, walking along the Thames. I can't quite believe that it happened.
Had a great weekend as well, the surprise was that all of us (including DH's older children and grandchild) turned up at a house I'd rented. We had lots of fun, walking, cooking, playing games and cooing over the grandchild!
I've not been doing many workouts but I got X10 Hi/Lo in today. I think my body appreciated the rest.

Murphy - well done for keeping up with the rotation.
Mary - hope your recovery is going well.
Roxie - congrats!
Lisa - hope your shed's OK (and DH!)

Hi all, got up on time but everyone wanted my time. All I could fit in were some abs. I hope it counts for something.

Ronne/Jody - glad you two could meet up and had such fun.

Waves to all.

Murphy

Snow is gone (that’s Colorado), so 20 mile bike rides yesterday and today. Ronne, where’s the pic of you and Jody together? Yes shed is ok and dh is in the mend with antibiotics. Murphy, I think abs totally count, I need to do them more! I think lighter helmet helps, every little bit of weight my neck has to hold up the better, too bad I have such heavy brains! Lol! I think a lot is from tension as I try to cycle up a hill! Mary, how’s the ankle healing? Jody, glad you’re enjoying yourself, next on your list is Murphy to meet?

Hello girls! Today I did an upper body live, yesterday was a mat barre workout.

Lisa, thank goodness the snow disappeared! Supposed to be 80 this weekend! I'm done with summer temperatures! Ankle is ok, by the end of the day it's sore. Probably from work.

Murphy, of course abs count! Every little bit counts!

Ronne/Jody, sounds like a wonderful day together! Jody just has to visit Murphy and Roxie now! How wonderful these friendships are!

Well, DD is doing an internship in ITALY this summer!! She wants me to come over her last week and we will travel a bit before she comes back home! I'm so excited!!!! Maybe I could waggle a stop in London? (Hint to you Ronne! Lol!).

DS is going to Italy in January for a model United Nations conference, then he and hid friends are going to Paris before they come home. Never in my wildest dreams did I ever imagine the things they are doing. Overwhelms me.

Well, running late today, better get moving! Mary

Hi Ladies

Mary - sounds like you're still managing to get the workouts in. Can't believe how warm it is with you. How exciting for DD & DS. Yes, definitely come to London. You could add a couple of days to your trip!

Lisa - Here we are!
upload_2017-10-13_14-23-9.png

Murphy - abs is better than nothing!

Yesterday was MM UB premix and today GG. Got friends coming for dinner tomorrow so doing some cooking and cleaning this weekend.

Hi everyone!! I haven't even driven by here since before trip- so much to catch up on! I love that pic Ronne! I need to do a workout today! I have lots of steps in at least- I think we got 20K in on our walk about day with Ronne. Mary, omg, I'm so sorry about the foot. LOL, I have a friend at work who always states emphatically that exercise is BAD for you for the exact reason as you getting injured. I'm off, unpacked and laundry caught up but have a work meeting to attend this afternoon plus need to get my car in for check up. Tracy, lol at standing there. Also, Ronne, didn't know about the lost music? An Itunes issue? My girls are both Itunes users. Hopefully I'll lift some weight today or do a sprint or something and be back later to report. Waves to all~~

Hello

Jody - good to see you back here. Yes, I lost a load of tracks. Most of them I should be able to replace. I want to change my email address for iTunes as well but can't seem to do it. It's a pain.

Had a nice weekend. Really good to see our friends on Sat evening and we had a good chat. Yesterday I went with DD to see Bladerunner 2049. It looked fantastic but was a bit underwhelming.
Did yoga yesterday and today.

I did a workout! CW including step, careful not to pull a Mary though. I'm trying to put my pics on FB but not publish it until I've had a chance to sort it. I should ride my bike to this meeting but I prob won't cuz then I'd have to ride it back home. I've been listening to Beetles, drinking tea and watching documentaries on Tower of London, keeping the trip going but also have been back to work, etc. Also I don't want to drive but I don't have Tube system handy! BBL!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.