Which is the best Jari Love workout?

Calee

Cathlete
I've decided I'd like to try her, just for some variety; but am a little torn. I have heard many times that they are good workouts but that she is a bit annoying which is why I just want to buy one for now and see what I think for myself, but I want the most bang for my buck!
Calee

Slim and Lean is a real burner using traditional exercises! I love it. High reps, low weights. Can you say OUCH!? LOL }(

Ripped to the Core uses compound exercises. It's a really tough one too and lots of folks like it more then S&L. I prefer S&L though because I tend to have a hard time finding the right weight for some of the compound work she does. Too heavy for one body part, too light for another...but that's just me.

Ripped 1000 is a great circuit work out. 1 minute of intense cardio followed by a short recovery (lots of people work through the recovery) and then a few minutes of compound weights. The exercises are a bit different from RttC. I like these compound exercises better. I don't run into the same problem.

It all depends upon what you are looking for really. They are all excellent work outs! The only complaint I have is that her ab work is light but with Cathe, we can always work harder!;)

HTH!:+

I'm considering purchasing Slim & Lean as well as Ripped to the Core. I'd like them to compliment the Cathe workouts. I'll probably just get both...:)

Terri

If you want to go completely different from Cathe try Get Ripped to the Core first. I'm quite amaxed at the sweat factor in this compound weight workout. Also, upon preview I thought I would dislike the Jari workouts but I'm actually very fond of S&L, GRTTC and GR1000. Let us know which you purchase and how you like it.
Angela:7

i also thought i wouldnt like GR1000 after previewing. but since i did it last week i will do it again. ripped to the core is my next buy.

laura

Amy, thanks for the tip! I was not wanting to spend tons of money on a new instructor, but at 8 bucks each I can justify a little more...
I'm always on the lookout for a bargain ;)
Calee

Hi Wendy,
Thanks for the advice. When I used to use The Firm, I ran into the same problem with finding the right weight for compound work, so that was good to hear ahead of time!
Calee

If you have a TJ Maxx near you, check them out! I found a 3 pack of Jari's work outs for under $15.00! I, ofcourse already had them all! ACK! LOL The only problem is that I am pretty sure the three-pack came with RttC, S&L and the original Ripped as opposed to Ripped 1000.

No problem in regards to RttC. It's still a great work out though!!:)

I just bought Rttc and S&L at Ross for 5.99 each. I tried Rttc. It was okay, but I didnt feel like a got as thorough a workout as Cathe's tapes. I even upped the weight. The weight that Jari uses is ridiculously low. There are some exercises on Rttc that I found especially good for the thighs, but I did not get any DOMS in the upper body afterwards. I read customer reviews on these tapes at another internet site, and they both received high marks, especially her Ripped series.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.