Which dvd to buy

I was wondering if I could get some help, can not decide what other workouts to buy with new series, sts total body, intensity, high reps, or lower body blast, did not get them at the time because i was nursing a knee injury and was not doing any high impact, but now i'm ok, or would it be better to just order lastest series, to the max; i also did not get because it seemed too difficult and i never purchased fire walker bands and not sure i should spend the money; i have all the other's ecept my cardio kicks dvd stopped playing from using so often, maybe i should replace that. please help

thanks

carol

I like using firewalker bands and they aren't too expensive. It's much easier than tying a stretch band around your ankles and then holding onto the ends.

I am sorry I can't make a good recommendation from the list of DVDs you listed. I have them but I have only done each one of those once and it was quite some time ago (except for the the new ones) because I have been alternating between running and STS. I did try out To The Max a couple of nights ago and the tabata with the slide n' glide discs wasn't too hard at all. I only did a potion of the 30/20 HiiT and that was actually easier than the HiiT DVD. I will say that Intensity definitely lives up to it's name -- even the step portion is hard.

I know you said that high impact is no longer an issue, but I am a big fan of the Low Impact Series (particularly Afterburn, Athletic Training, and Cardio Supersets in that order for the cardio challenge without the impact). I am always slow to acquire new equipment because of budget and space limitations but I finally got the firewalkers and don't regret it. I also have the disks needed for the Low Impact Series, although they aren't used a lot except in the Slide and Glide DVD (which I don't care for). I can't speak about the two new DVDs, To the Max and Crossfire (I didn't get them because the impact looks higher than I can tolerate) but I have Intensity (I don't have High Reps or Lower Body Blast). I like parts of Intensity (low impact HiiT and most of the bootcamp segment) because they are low impact but they're fairly short. For the money, I like the Low Impact Series DVDs better. I hope this helps.

Please let me clarify my comments on Intensity. It is primarily a high-impact program with some fairly short segments that are low impact (namely low impact HiiT and parts of bootcamp). It provides a good cardio challenge.

Of the four you listed - STS Total Body, Intensity, High Reps and Lower Body Blast (I have them all) hmmmm

Is it possible to eventually buy them all? They are all fantastic and I use them more than most other dvd's I own. LBB is at the top of my list, intensity gives you many different workouts e.g. step or hiit or bootcamp (with nothing overlapping) so it's like three workouts in one or you can combine or mix and match - lotsa bang for your buck with this one.

The other two are different again so you would benefit from getting them both. Goodness, I can't decide but I would get LBB first, then intensity then.... hmmm just get them all if you can. good luck.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.