Whey Protein

LizC7

Cathlete
I usually throw some whey protein in my smoothies. Anyone have recommendations on a good brand?

I use the double chocolate by designer whey. It's a favorite becasue it's sweetened with stevia, and the price is reasonable.

Protein

Hi,

I have not brand to advise as I live in UK.

I have used Myo and I am quite happy with it. I do not consume much of it.

What I would advise is the choice to stick with a brand require you monitor and check effects. I have tried brands I would not recommend. They were sweetened and my complexion suffered. I had blemished and spots:mad::mad::mad:. Be open to trial and failure;)

For me what works the best is protein with no chemical content at all . I would rather add natural sweeteners such as piece of banana or a spoon of almond butter than a fully loaded scoop containing nasty chemicals.

All the best and please keep us posted,

I use Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard 100% Whey. Cathe recommmended it awhile back on a similar thread. The only flavor I'm using right now is the Double Rich Chocolate. It is yummy.

I found that whey made my skin break out! So I have switched to hemp protein mixed with almond milk! Sooo good!
Christie

I've been using Biochem Whey protein powder since I developed lactose intolerance. It's the only one I could find that was lactose free that doesn't have artificial sweetners. It's sweetened with stevia and evaporated cane juice and is also gluten free. The chocolate fudge is nummy!

I agree with Nathalie; what works well for one may not work well for another.
I like the Precision Engineered brand (Vitamin World) Whey Isolate (vanilla). The EAS and Optimum are also good brands from what I've heard.
Definitely pay attention to the ingredients and fillers when comparing brands.

Another Jay Robb fan here! I have tried Optimum as well and it wasn't bad. I also have a plant based protein powder that I get a Sprouts called Life's Basics. It's very yummy for drinks and protein fluff but awful tasting for baking (and I mean bad....VERY bad).

gratefuldog is right...the Jay Robb Pina Colada is very tasty! My next favorite is the Dreamsicle. If you mix either of these with orange juice, they taste just like an Orange Julius! I just wish Jay Robb's powders weren't so expensive....

Cathe just answered a question on facebook about what protein powder she uses. She said it is currently Natural Factors Whey Factors Frech Vanilla. She posted a link to amazon.

Cathe just answered a question on facebook about what protein powder she uses. She said it is currently Natural Factors Whey Factors Frech Vanilla. She posted a link to amazon.

Thank you for posting this, I researched Natural Factors and only heard fantastic things so I bought it and tried it yesterday and WOW what a difference, I feel fantastic and only used it once!
I used to use Slim Fast but it has so many chemicals and Natural Factors is well natural and doesn't hurt my stomach at all. I cannot wait to have it again after a workout! I tried it after my workout, dissolves better not 100% but still better than slim fast, not too sweet and the after taste is like cheese which makes sense since it's whey. It filled me up which was an added bonus and for the first time in months I woke up the next morning feeling fantastic, energized and barely any aches.

THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!

I use whatever they have at Costco. I am sorry I don't remember the name...I put it in my own canister and ditched the packaging.

That being said...I am not loving the taste of any whey protein I have gotten...so I found that I always put something else in it... I will put some banana or a few dates to make a smoothie to make it more palatable to me!

I am not loving the taste of any whey protein I have gotten...so I found that I always put something else in it... I will put some banana or a few dates to make a smoothie to make it more palatable to me!

I really love the taste of Natural Factors Whey Factors chocolate protein :D I used to hate the taste of all Whey protein powders. They seemed too bland. Maybe my taste changed or I just got used to it. I mix it with some flax oil and either almond, rice, coconut or cow milk. Once in a while I'll add fruit, but not often (I prefer my fruit on the side).

Thank you for your review of the Natural Factors Whey Factors. I already had it lined up for subscribe and save delivery for May. I'm excited to try it. For me, the ingredients are more important than the taste. I wish the Muscletech from Sam's Club wasn't full of artificial stuff. It's too bad you have to pay more for quality ingredients, but I guess it's worth it.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.