What would you do?

shanihib

Cathlete
I have to travel March 23-26 so that I won't be able to do the first week of Mesocycle 2 as I would normally (MWF). I could:

1) take a 2 week rest from strength (don't think so)
2) try to do disk 13 on Sunday, then disk 14 on Friday and disk 15 on Saturday and then resume my MWF routine the following week
3) start Mesocycle 2 when the rest would normally happen and then rest the week I am gone.

I assume option #2 is preferable. I'm not sure if #3 is a good idea (although it sur would make things easier!)

What do you think?

I'm not sure I'm quite following your schedule, so maybe I'm misunderstanding, but another option would be to repeat a week of meso 1 and delay your rest week. That's what I'm doing -- actually repeating two weeks so meso 1 is 6 weeks for me.

-Beth

I have to travel March 23-26 so that I won't be able to do the first week of Mesocycle 2 as I would normally (MWF). I could:

1) take a 2 week rest from strength (don't think so)
2) try to do disk 13 on Sunday, then disk 14 on Friday and disk 15 on Saturday and then resume my MWF routine the following week
3) start Mesocycle 2 when the rest would normally happen and then rest the week I am gone.

I assume option #2 is preferable. I'm not sure if #3 is a good idea (although it sur would make things easier!)

What do you think?

I had your exact problem a few weeks ago after barely getting started with Meso 1. I did your option #2 and then got myself caught up. As it turned out I only missed cardio but improvised during the week with walking some on my hotel TM. But do what feels right for you.

I did exactly what you did...workout on Sunday then the next was Friday, then Saturday.
Jo

Option #2 sounds good. If you have any back issues I would do Disc #15, Bk & Bi on Sunday and then Disc #13, Ch, Sh, Tri on Friday and Disc #14, Legs on Sat...then continue as normal the following week. Peggy

As one poster mentioned, do what works for you. I think that option 3 actually would be fine, especially if it works best for you. I believe SNM has answered similar questions and basically said, do what you can and get back into it where you leave off.

Hi Shani, I hope it's an enjoyable trip!

I travel so much that I often do my strength training three days in a row - usually Fri/Sat/Sun. Typically Triceps-Legs-Biceps. That's because my travel bags are heavy, and close enough to deadlifts that I want to avoid putting departure day next to Triceps or Legs :) Another option that might work - maybe do an STS Legs and then perhaps insert one of the upper body premixes from another dvd to do a full upper body workout? That would avoid leaving the upper body unworked for two full weeks.

My trips don't let me get the regular sleeping and eating I want from an active rest week, so personally I don't think my body would get the recovery it needs for STS with 3.

On the plus side, after no strength training for several days in a row, your DOMS will probably be gone by the time you start up again :)

Last edited:
I just had a delay on week 3 meso 1, I got a bug after disk 7 so I have not been able to do disk 8 or 9 and now I am behind on week 3. I know you guys are ahead of me on cycles, but I was wondering if I should just start week 3 over with disk 7 or do 8 and 9 next week. I prefer to just start week 3 over next week. With the time change tonight I will have a hard time getting up early next week. What to do??

I just had a delay on week 3 meso 1, I got a bug after disk 7 so I have not been able to do disk 8 or 9 and now I am behind on week 3. I know you guys are ahead of me on cycles, but I was wondering if I should just start week 3 over with disk 7 or do 8 and 9 next week. I prefer to just start week 3 over next week. With the time change tonight I will have a hard time getting up early next week. What to do??

I would start over with week 3!

Jo

I am going to be away during week 3 of M2 for monday, tuesday and possibly wednesday (3/23 -3/25). I am going to work out twice a day to get back on track.

Wow Jo Ann, you are dedicated! ;)

Thanks ladies! I will probably try option #2 and see how I do. The good news is that I will have those 4 days where I can do some cardio at a gym near the hotel, and as you said, ShadowPup, get rid of some of those DOMS. You know how bad it has been! hehe...
:p

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.