What was your first Cathe workout

amybajamy

Cathlete
and does it hold a special place in your heart?

I was inspired by another post to ask this question. All Step was my first Cathe workout and I never really thought about it until I read that other post, but it does hold a special place in my heart because it was my first Cathe.:D :D :D It came with my step and I couldn't for the life of me do the choreography and it was probably a year before I decided I was going to try it again and I was going to figure it out. I did it and I've been hooked on Cathe ever since!}(

Rhythmic Step was my first Cathe workout that I did from Fit TV. I was just flipping through channels and I couldn't believe there was an advanced instructor on the air. I taped it along with every other workout that came on Fit TV and eventually bought almost all of them. Rhythmic Step will always hold a special place in my heart. It is my favorite of Cathe's step videos. I love the music and the choreography. I always have a fun workout with Rhythmic Step.

Marcy

I also love Rythmic Step, that and Step Blast. They are so much fun to do and I don't get bored with them. I had the hardest time getting the third segment of Step Blast, I remember how happy I was when I finally did. I hope Cathe has plans for a similar workout soon!

I was looking for something more challenging than The Firm. Did a search on the VF website and found Cathe. I unknowingly started with Terminator.
It certainly was everything and more for me!
It holds a special place in my DVD library, it continues to be a doable but very challenging workout that I return to time and again.

LOW MAX was my first. I guess you could say I fell in love!! :p Who knew sweat did that to me, LOL. I did it first on the little Firm angle step thing that I think was the 2nd or 3rd system after the fanny lifter. I think that was April of 2005. I got a big step for my bday in May 2005 and haven't gone back!!! }( :7

I'm impressed by people who started with Rhythmic step. I still can't figure that one out!!! :D :p

i think that it was either the origional body max or MIC. I cant say i fell in love with either of those videos, but i liked the intesity of them. I was doing the reebok step videos with gin miller and these were definatly more intense. I have been a cathe addict since. I cant say that these were my favorites though.

melissa

My 1st was Muscle Max and still my all time favorite. I bought the hardcore series 1st ., now, i have them all...

Oh gosh, it's been so long. But I'll never forget my first Cathe was PowerMax back in 96. I had just bought a step, do do Karen Voight and got Cathe from Collage catalog.

Soon after, I bought MIS, then MIC, then IMax. And then it all blurs together! I own all of them except some of the really old ones and for some reason I never bought the High Step one HSTA? And I don't own the beginner/intermediate ones she made recently.

I really owe my health and fitness to having discovered Cathe's excellent work.

Liane

My 1st Cathe workout was Step Heat got it via Collage back when it first came out and yes it does hold a special place in my heart because at the time my teenagers were babies and sitting on the couch eating cheerios as they watched me try to do my 1st step workout ;) now they are almost 17 and 15 respectively.

i think it was step max. i own them all. ok so i am dating myself here.....

i love the old ones. remember wearing thong leotards?

suri

My first was the Wedding Workout. I think I got it on a trade at VF. I don't ever hear anything about that one anymore. I can't say it's very special to me, but it did start me in the right direction, and now I have LOTS of Cathe workouts that I love!:D

--Sharon

The first thing I purchased was Cardio Hits and tried to do Power Max...NOT! LOL I quickly purchased Basic Step and Body Fusion and began back at the beginning! Once I got those down I was able to pick up Power Max with FAR less trouble!

I rarely pick up cardio hits anymore...in fact, I rarely pick up anything older then the Body Blast Series.

My first Cathe Tape was Mega Step Blast, then Step Max - the next ones I did was Step Jam and Power Max. I remember Power Max was AWESOME - the laast segment seemed so hard to me - I can still see her outfit - Step Heat was when she wore a two piece black outfit and she seemed to be her smallest there. Not as much muscle definition anyway, she was just plain cute!

I started Cathe in 1995 and I hope to continue doing Cathe until the day I die!

Cheryl

Body Max. It sat on my shelf for months, I was so frightened by it. It was during my Firm days and they eventually stopped making new workouts, so I had no choice but to finally attempt BM. I was so choreography challenged back then, I nearly gave up. It took me months to master, not to mention I just didn't have the stamina to finish it. I remember cursing A LOT to the TV. Plus I think there was some type of brainwashing going on by the Firm making me believe that instructors were supposed to be soft spoken sex kittens. It took me awhile to get comfortable with a "real" instructor. I still find it hysterical that Susan Harris did Volume One with no bra and those weird jazz shoes. God, my husband loved that video.

My first Cathe was Low Max (me too, Ame!!). Talk about kicking my butt!!! Holy Mackeral!!!

I did it once a week for 10 months, now I rarely pick it up anymore....I got burnt out on it!

I just did RS tonight and LOVED it. I didn't like it at first because I couldn't get it, now that I have, it's so much fun!!!

My first was Kickmax because I had been doing workouts like Taebo and Turbo Jam and I wanted more of a challenging kickboxing DVD.

I WANTED a challenge (sometimes I have to repeat that to myself when I am struggling through the blasts!!!!).

Cathe delivered and continues to do so 14 videos later!! }(

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.