What am I doing wrong?

tlc93

Cathlete
I have Cathe Live. I got Chromecast and attached it to the TV, went thru the set up blah, blah. I can get to Cathe Live and stream it to the TV with my tablet but NOT my IPhone. I have the Google cast app on my phone but all that comes up is clips. Not the full length workouts. I've even pulled up full length workouts on my phone but it won't stream to the TV. I have no problems at all with the tablet but the phone seems to be an issue. What am I doing wrong?

Sorry, I can't help, don't have a iphone...I connect directly with Hdmi adapter & cable, hope someone will jump in & help ya' ! :)

I have the Chromecast TV and Video app on my phone. I click on that. Type Cathe streaming in the google window. It brings up a bunch of choices. I click Cathe Live my account. Usually i have to sign in. Click my videos. I choose which one i want. Click it. The video starts to play on my phone. I tap the screen. Then it says cast video. I click that and it plays on the tv.

I have Cathe Live. I got Chromecast and attached it to the TV, went thru the set up blah, blah. I can get to Cathe Live and stream it to the TV with my tablet but NOT my IPhone. I have the Google cast app on my phone but all that comes up is clips. Not the full length workouts. I've even pulled up full length workouts on my phone but it won't stream to the TV. I have no problems at all with the tablet but the phone seems to be an issue. What am I doing wrong?

Not sure exactly what you're doing because we don't have clips of Cathe Live on our streaming site. We only have clips on Facebook and YouTube.

I get the clips when I go through the Google cast app on my phone. It must be a direct link to you tube? Because when I went to my Cathe Live acct on my phone, I got the full wkouts, but it wouldn't stream. I was happy to get a full wkout on my phone but can't figure out how to get it to my TV. Thanks!

As far as I know you can't cast using an iPhone anymore. Apple removed the ability to chromecast from an iPhone several versions ago as I guess they view Google as a threat. There may be a workaround for this that I'm not aware of, but as far as I know the iPhone iOS doesn't support Chromecast anymore.

Google Cast does not work with Chrome on the iPhone. They removed the ability for unknown reasons about 18 months ago. However, a workaround is to use the free app MomoCast from the App Store on your iPhone. They provide detailed instructions when you launch it on how to make it work. I have tried it here successfully with both OnDemand and CatheLive videos. There are a few steps to make it function, and the interface is a bit clunky, but it does work! Once we release our apps this will no longer be an issue because the apps will handle this within themselves.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

And the release of the app will be........? Thanks for your help. It's nice to know it's not "user error".

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.

Back