Weight Watchers Check-in 10/03

fitme2006

Cathlete
Good morning all. Just planning my day before getting into the shower. Looking good to be OP today. Did well yesterday with my eating.

Wound up with no workout last night due to a very late night at work. Oh well, can't control it all the time can you?

I hope eveyone is well, I will check back in later. :)

Good Morning Kirsten and all to follow!

Yesterdays birthday dinner (my friends) at steakhouse was really successful points wise! I even had a glass of wine and still stayed within my points goal for dinner.... First time ever I think!:7

Today I have a new homecare patient to visit so I'm debating on taking today as my rest day rather than tomorrow... just cuz I want to hang out a bit this morning and may not have time...I'm still deciding. If I do indeed w/o its LOWMAX + 40 min Cardio Coach....
We'll see.

AMY: I am so terribly sorry about your fathers diagnosis. I know that prostate cancer is one of the more treatable "c's" so my prayers are for you and your family... I know your world feels rocked right now- there is nothing I can say except you are very much in my heart... keep your faith strong and be sure to use us here to lean on through the difficult and scary days ahead... dont worry if you are "rational" or not... we love you.

JENNIFER: Great job w/ clean eating! I know your body will thank you as you work on your training program! I have found that as long as the food is clean and I exercise the points become almost irrelavent... Your body needs you to fuel it w/ your training schedule!

BUFFY: {{{{{{{{TEETH}}}}}}}} been so long since I had mine done but I remember as a kid (fat) I was eating bacon the night after my surgery! LOLOLOL...losing weight was not part of the deal I got with a sore mouth!

KIM: Have a great CTX week! I have never done a full week as the cardios aren't my favorites for some reason... I find the step segments very complicated for my brain and always end up just doing my own thing... I do have a Timesaver Series on the calender for November... set up just like CTX

CLAUDE: 1 meal at a time...1 choice at a time.... You know the drill... and of course my personal favorite... Its just weight, in the grand scheme of life is it really such an awful thing if the scale isnt budging for a bit?? Just helps me to put my weight in perspective with all the things going on in the world. Sometimes when I lighten up on myself I stop "rebelling" and making choices that are counter productive to my goals.

TEDDYGIRL: Hope you get your study time in so you dont stress out about it....Thats really an important part of your life right now!

KIRSTEN: Great job on OP day yesterday! The workout will get done when it gets done! Think of how many WW people dont exercise EVER! We all tend to forget that we are definitely 10 steps ahead of most of the world simply because we are taking health and fitness seriously... STANDING OVATION TO US!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good Morning,

And a good morning it is :D I tell ya, when I got home yesterday, first thing, I got in my bed and watched this DVD my sister wanted me to see. I think that was around 6 pm, I fell asleep on it ;( when I woke it was 6:30 this morning I GOT REST :p :9 ;-) x(

Tonight, before class starts, I'm going to get me a good workout in. I am thinking cardio hm.... low max, but you guys probably new that, huh! :)

Not sure if I dropped any weight, but clothes are loosening a bit. And, my face looks a little thinner. Those are the signs that I look for that let me know that I’m doing the right thang.

Teddygirl~

Thanks, Traci!!! I know that for the most part, I am very logical and pretty even keel about stuff like that, but then again, I am female and know that out of the blue, it's going to hit me....like 0300 this morning. I woke up because DH was in the shower (don't ask) and as I was falling back to sleep, I started crying.

Well, DH decided on the pizza last night, so we will see.....

Teddygirl, I am glad that you got some rest!

Well, I need to go haunt the Dr's office to get DH an appt, it's been a super bad weekend for him!

Hello again girls. Thought I would check back in.

Amy - I am so sorry to hear about your dad. My thoughts are with all of you during this time. I wish him a speedy recovery. Take care and remember we're here for you when you need us. even the "new" us. :)

Jennifer - Good job on eating so well. :)

Teddy - Apparently what you needed was sleep. Glad to hear you got it in. :)

Traci - GREAT job on that dinner. Doesn't it feel wonderful? And yes, WOW on your workouts... I hope to be just like you when I grow up. :)

Well another busy day at work so I must get back to it. Take care all and again, thanks for inviting me to such a great group of folks!

Amy: {{big hugs}} I know this is a difficult time for you and your family, and my prayers are with you...

Traci: wow, you are my hero!! Sticking to your points at a steakhouse?? I want tips, girl!! I am also going to a steakhouse for a work dinner on Thursday, and I will likely not have many flexies to call upon, so I'm going to have to be extra disciplined. Ugh.

Kristen: congrats on the OP day :). And sometimes workouts just slide off the plate--don't worry, eating well will definitely put you on the right road!

Teddygirl: woohoo, loose clothes--I love that feeling :).

Off to do GS BBS! I have track tonight as well, so I'll get some AP today :).

Jennifer

A good, good, good, good morning y'all!!!

I have finally managed to figure out how to do my weekday workouts first thing in the am, get myself showered and dressed, and still get the 6yr old to the bus stop on time, while also getting the 1 yr old up and changed. All this by 7:45am, thank-you-very-much! This morning I did Hardcore Extreme high/low intervals (the second one). I feel terrific now; very happy, happy, happy! That's my favourite workout on that dvd. Tonight I'm going to probably do PUB, as I missed my planned workout yesterday.

Kirsten - no, you certainly can't control it all the time, but you can try! :)

Teddygirl - when the body is begging for sleep, we much listen. I envy you that you got to sleep for 12 straight hours. I wish I had that time; that's 12 hours when I'm not in the kitchen!!

Amy - I'm so very, very, very sorry about your father's cancer. I believe prostrate cancer has one of the highest recovery rates, which may be one of the few positive aspects of all this. How old is your father? Do you live near them?

Jennifer - what do you do at track?

Claude - you have Canadian relatives who don't do anything at all on Tgiving?? That's very unusual. No, we don't make as big a deal over it as in the US, but all the families I've ever known have had some kind of big dinner. We don't have any relatives living here in Alberta, so we always have Tgiving with another couple who are also orphaned out here.

Well, I'd best go clean a bathroom and then try to get some academic work done before the baby wakes up from her nap. Have a great day!

Sandra

Hello everyone....

Do you mind if I join you? I started Weight Watchers in April 2003 with the help of my SIL (I didn't go to the meetings) and I lost about 30 pounds. I went off WW last summer and started zigzagging, which is still a very good eating plan and I kept my weight off. That is, until January of this year. I did the January rotation (have a look at it:eek: ) and my appetite soared. I am not blaming my weight gain on all on the January rotation, if I had reined myself in after I finished that rotation, I'd been okay. But I didn't and have had a steady weight gain despite my workouts since then. I put on about 12 to 15 pounds since January. I decided, along with my SIL and daughter who are doing WW with me, to join and start going to the meetings and what a difference! I have determined although I tend to be a loner... exercising at home, not at a gym, I need support when it comes to staying on track with eating. I tend to binge (no, I do not purge and never have). I have definite trigger foods that sends me spiraling down. I joined WW on August 29 and am having my fifth weigh in this afternoon. I've lost about 8 pounds and can see my loss more in inches. Although I am not quite back into my 8's, they don't look bad on me, I can tell I need a little less in the behind to be comfortable, but I'm getting there.

My SIL and I were at the mall this summer and I was looking for a few things to buy because I could not get into my clothes (size 8). I had a few 10's but they were getting a little snug. I tried on a few things and something just snapped. I thought "oh no you're not!!" I will put this money I was going to spend on clothes on a WW membership and get back to where I am happy. .... and I did and on my way to getting "back to normal".

Sorry for such a long post. It felt good just getting it out. I actually am very close to lifetime now since I didn't have a lot to drop to get to the high end of my weight range but I know I'll keep going to the meetings and stick with it because I have really seen a difference not only in my body but in my attitude towards food. I really needed the support system.

Thanks for listening (reading) and I look forward to posting here daily.

My SIL, Karen, just started the Cathe Beginner's rotation, she just got her DVD's the end of last week. She said she'd be posting on here also.

Welcome Jane. I know what you mean about the snug clothes thing. I'm struggling through that as well. I've lost a couple of lbs. on WW but I still have about 8 to go. I think at that point even my smallest clothes will fit.

That being said, I've not been as faithful to the Plan as I had been. I'm determined to get back on track. Starting... NOW!!! No more going over my points. The colder weather reminds that the holiday season is just around the corner and I'm determine to lose the rest of this weight by Thanksgiving. I generally don't do too bad during the holidays but I would like to be in a position where I just have to maintain. Much easier than losing.

Sounds like the rest of you fellower WW'ers are doing well.

I didn't work out this morning due to my tooth extraction. DH told me I should do anything that might make it start to bleed again. I'm going to go to a yoga class after work. A nice, slow, stretch sounds about right.

Eatwise, good so far today. I'm staying at 20 pts. a day until the weekend.

Have a great day!!!

Buffy

Welcome, Jane!! You've joined the run group--these ladies are fabulous with their support :).

Sandra: we usually do drills at track (speed drills, endurance drills, and sometimes hill repeats to get used to those hills we'll be facing at the Nike Half-Marathon! Yipes!). To be honest, they are not my favorite part of the TnT routine LOL. First off, I just am not an evening workout person--I do best when working out first thing in the morning. And second, drills kind of bore me (shh, don't tell my coaches ;)). They're great to do, and they do make a difference in my running, but I still hate doing them. They're like vitamins that way ;).

Btw, I got all excited when I found out you are in Edmonton. I've always wanted to visit. I'm a hockey nut and my favorite player is from Edmonton (Ft. Saskatchewan, actually) and was a stickboy for the Oilers. That's as far as I'll go because he actually played against them in the Stanley Cup finals this year and I know that is still a sore subject among Edmontonians :).

Jennifer

Hi Everyone!

I'm am new to the Cathe workouts but NOT new to WWs. A few years ago I lost over 75 lbs, but unfortunately, I have gained a lot of it back. I need to lose 50 lbs to achieve Lifetime which I didn't do last time x(

My sister-in-law, Jane (a.k.a. luvtorun), introduced me to Cathe and I'm really enjoyed it. I started on the beginner's rotation yesterday and I already like it.

I weigh in on Tuesdays, I usually do it at 5:30 p.m. but today, with my schedule I had to do it at 10:00 a.m.

I lost a 1 lb!! And with the way I "partied" this weekend. I'm glad there was a pound weight loss!

Well, I look forward to getting to know everyone on the site.

Thanks, Karen

Jane - Great to see you here! I miss the daily check in group. I know exactly what you mean about the Jan rotation. I did it a month ago, and by the end of it I realized that, despite all the cardio, it was not going to help me shed weight because I needed to eat lots to stay properly fueled for the next workout. When I tried to cut my calories, I felt extremely lethargic and had brain fog all day long. It did do awesome things for my fitness levels, though! Don't be too hard on yourself regarding the weight gain. I remember you had a very tough time in January.

Karen - Welcome, welcome, welcome to the land of Cathe!! I'm so envious of you - you get to freshly discover all of Cathe's wonderful workouts! Does Jane share her workout library with you?

Buffy - I applaud your determination to stay within your points each day. *How* are you going to do that? What are you going to do differently? What will you do when a situation presents itself that would normally have you eating extra points?

Jennifer - Believe it or not, drill work is what I like the best when running and swimming. I get bored very quickly with steady-state-anything. I especially like doing hill repeats. You're a hockey fan? And you've heard of Edmonton?? Where are you from? The same place as that other team, oh what were they called???? I just can't seem to remember who the other team was in the Stanley Cup playoffs this year, or even where they were from. Hm. :) If you ever make it up this way, drop me a line. I'd love to meet!

Cheers,
Sandra

Good afternoon, ladies! Wow, first it was just Traci and myself, now we are expanding at a wonderful rate (NOT to be confused with waistlines!)
Welcome Jane and Karen!!! It's fun to have newbies around!

I just got back from taking DH to the doctor. He has such a horrible weekend that there were a couple of times that he almost called an ambulance to take him to the ER for pain medicine (to bring the new ones up to speed, DH is disabled and has had 7-8 surgeries on his back to try and shore up what's left of his lumbar spine. He has titanium rods and screws that hold his hips on to the rest of his body and there are days that he is unable to do anything but walk from the bed to the bathroom!) He was able to get an injection of pain medicine and a consult to a different pain management physician (the one he had been going to has had no appts open since March!!!). So, we will see.

I also got a new DVD player for the living room/workout room!!! After having received a couple of new Cathe's that didn't play on the old DVD player, but were just fine on a newer one in the bedroom, I remembered that the living room player was at least 10 yrs old. I used the excuse of needing a new DVD player and upgraded to a 5 disc changer so I can mish-mosh with the best of them!!!

Thanks for all the hugs and prayers for my dad. He just retired this last January and they live 45 miles west of Chicago, which makes this harder because I am not there. Mom is great, she's very even keeled and doesn't panic easy or stress easily. She's my best friend and I just wish that I could be there for her more often!!!

Must go hook up the new DVD player so that when lunch is finished digesting, I can play!!! I am thinking Rhythmic Step and maybe a little somethin' somethin' else, I haven't decided. Tomorrow is circuit and depending on how I feel, I may just toss a few GS upper body in for good measure.

Sandra,

Thanks for the welcome!! :)

Yes, Jane was very sweet to let me start sloow. I borrowed her Basic Step, Low Impact and she also let me borrow the Cardio Kicks/Max and I decided that one was a little too advanced, but it definitely gives me something to work towards.

So I ended up getting the "beginner" DVDs. Basic Step+Body fusion, Low Impact step + Total Body Scuplting and Total Body Stretching. So I should be set for at least the first 12 weeks.

Thanks so much for the wonderful welcome!

--Karen

Hi All! WELCOME to all our new WW Friends! Had a grueling day at my new patients house spent almost 6 hours there but was suppose to have been 4... didnt pack my snacks/lunch so my body shut down about two hours before I got home! Walked in door ate "salad in a bag" LITERALLY! because I was about to binge.... got my tummy under control and make a healthy dinner afterall... Real quick I did indeed do LowMax this morning so tomorrow is a rest day, with LAWNMAX!
Anyway, I will re-read all your lovely posts in the AM when I am awake and properly welcome & respond. Claude was working late today so I guess we'll see her tomorrow!
Hugs and good vibes for healthy snacks tonite!

>
>You're a hockey fan? And you've heard of Edmonton?? Where
>are you from? The same place as that other team, oh what were
>they called????

LOL actually no, I'm in CA (the team is in North Carolina :)).

>I just can't seem to remember who the other
>team was in the Stanley Cup playoffs this year, or even where
>they were from.

Carolina Hurricanes :). I hear that's a dirty phrase up in your part of the world *hee*.

>Hm. :) If you ever make it up this way, drop
>me a line. I'd love to meet!
>

Woohoo, you've got it!! I've always wanted to visit the mall. Yes I know, I'm sure you hear that all the time ;).

Jennifer

WEeeeeeeeeeellllllllllllllll Heelllllllllllllllllllo WW buddies!

Geez, i'm gone for a bit and this forum explodes with new ppl!!! That's amazing!!! Welcome everyone!!! This is an amazing group.

I saw somewhere floating around that I have another Canadian buddy too!! Yay!!! It is Thanksgiving this weekend, and I'm so happy, my parents are making apple pie and I hate apple pie, so I'm not gonna be dipping into flexies. And it's true, we don't celebrate it like the States, but everyone I know does something for it, well, atleast all my family and friends.

I'm sorry I don't have time for personals really, busy with school/work/life in general (drama drama drama, lol). But everyone seems to be keeping up and doing great. I've been having a little difficulty keeping on track but like Buffy, I am recommitting to myself right NOW to get back on it cuz it's too important to me. I'm gonna commit to try to come on this forum everyday (hopefully, atleast every second day, hehe) to keep my honest.

Anyways, keep up the awesome work everyone and cya tomorrow!

Corinne :)

OMG I totally forgot that Canadian Thanksgiving is coming up this Monday!! (Yes, I know that, because there is always a "matinee" hockey game on Canadian Thanksgiving :)).

Happy early Thanksgiving, guys!!

Jennifer

PS Save me some turkey and pumpkin pie :)

Hi everyone -
I'm finally home, at least for a short while. We have to go pick up my mom's car at the doc's office. She broke her ankle today and drove herself to the dr to get it xrayed and casted. I got a call to pick her up as the doctor refused to let her drive home (smart doc!). So anyhow, she's back home and settled in with her pain meds and plenty of food and she's NOT HAPPY that she's going to be laid up for the next four to six weeks. My mom's a hot sketch, she never stops so having to sit still is going to drive her nuts.

Today is a rest day. I had to be up and out early for that darn meeting so I planned on resting anyways. I finished the jar of PB AND the chocolate hazelnut spread AND the cinnamon graham crackers AND the fat free coolwhip so I guess I have no choice but to make healthy choices tomorrow, right? Fortunately, there wasn't much left of any of those things so I wasn't able to do tooo much damage. It's too bad though, considering I did great the rest of the day.

Amy - lots of {{{{{HUGS}}}}} and prayers to you and your family. I hope your dad has a full recovery! And I hope your DH gets some help for that back of his. Isn't there anything they can do? It must drive him crazy.

Welcome to Jane and Karen! This group is the best! You're going to love it here.

Teddygirl - I'm jealous of all that sleep you got!

Traci - good for you for staying on track despite a hungry tummy!

Buffy - hope those teeth extractions heal quickly. Enjoy the yoga!

Sandra - yup, most of them are in Quebec. But I can't recall any of my relatives saying they do anything at all. But I may be wrong. Both my parents came from big families and I have over 150 cousins so I'm certain some of them celebrate in some way.

Jennifer - how do you like GS BBS? It's the only GS I don't have and I'm loving the other two.

Corinne - I'm so glad you're back!! Quite a few of us have been slacking, must be cuz you weren't here to keep us on track! :) Only kidding! Well join the re-committing club and checkin as often as you can. We're here to help each other!

OK - that was supposed to be a quick checkin as it's time to get my mom's car. Nite nite everyone!

Claude

"Age is a question of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter." Satchel Paige

OMG Amy!!!!

I just read yesterday's post, trying to catch up. Big hugs to you. But I want you to know, my father went thru this last year. He had it completely removed and fortunately did not have to go through any chemo or radiation. He has been cancer free for a year now!!! But I must say, it was a scary time. He just turned 56 yesterday (yes, I had birthday cake :9) and he is relatively pretty healthy: good weight, no blood pressure problems, he could exercise more, but he does walk a lot ... neways, needless to say, he wouldn't be someone you would think would get cancer at 55!!! Sorry, Im rambling here, but I just want you to know if you need to talk, email me: [email protected], I know what you are going thru and it's scary. I know you are a nurse, so I'm sure you know more than me on the illness, but I know my mom did a lot of research on it, an I'd be more than happy to share it with you. I'm sending you my thoughts and lots of hugs!!!

Corinne

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.