Weight plate exercises

aqua girl

Cathlete
I don’t give up easily:). About 4th time I am “begging” for a Live with all body parts with weight plates,
maybe mixed with low impact intervals. Like extensions with plates, bent over clutch type rows,
1 arm rows, waiter curl, or hammers with plates.

Back to expand my ideas for a weight plates(s) only total body with low impact thrown in! (Of course, dumbbells could be substituted if one didn’t have weight plates). These
are just some ideas I dreamed up :)
Chest ideas- pec squeeze, floor chest press, push-ups pulling plates side to side in
between
Back ideas- 1 arm rows, bent over clutch style rows with 1 plate, floor pullover with
plate
Triceps- floor lying extensions with 1 plate, standing overhead extensions, tricep
press backs with 2 plates using same grip as in those fun laterals in TBB.
Shoulders- OH press, upright rows, laterals
Biceps- hammers, waiter curl, close grip curl or even the curl, press, tri extension
combo
Abs- any of the great ab exercises in STS 2, and in TBB.
Lower/Legs- rear lunges, squats, deadlifts, standing side lifts using plate against leg

Just ideas, I think it would be a different way to add variety & fun and would love to
see Cathe’s style on something like this……

could even throw in jump rope cardio intervals! :)

I am requesting this for a CatheLive :), but if it went over well, then maybe on a future
dvd! I just think an moderate weight which I guess it would be using her weight
plates and a low impact intervals type workout on Live would be so much fun and something different….I know I would purchase the download too :)

Last edited:
Would LOVE this!! I even love the jump rope addition.
Another vote...YAY! Maybe I'm not done asking. Agreed, I thought the other day while
watching this week's Live with the short jump rope intervals, that oh how I wished some or
all of the exercises in between would have been with weight plates, or at least someone
(maybe Jenn) showing the option to use weight plates that would have been a "dream"
workout for me :) .....I watched a short tutorial on YT this morning (not a workout) showing 28 different plate exercises and I have done a ton of Coach Ali's weight plate workouts, but would have loved a "Cathe" one. Her weight plates with the handles are so nice and just a different spin on exercises we know. I made a blender that's 40+ min. of exercises that
I named WEIGHT PLATES ONLY-Total Body and I picked exercises which will work with
the weight plates. It won't be as "exciting" as following Cathe doing the actual exercises
with the plates, but if I know that's all I am using, it will do I guess. I did put in as many
of the actual plate exercises she has, but of course, most are core and I didn't want
a total core workout. Already got a few of those...

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.