"Waterless/greaseless" cookware

Beavs

Cathlete
Who owns the "waterless/greaseless" stainless steel cookware? What brand did you buy? How much did you spend on a set? Was it worth all the hooly hoo? I know someone who spent $1800.00 on a set....which is double the the price of one of my cars (a really cool 1995 Olds Geezer mobile). So, is it worth it?
TIA!

I purchased Saladmaster 30 years ago and paid $600.00.

It does perform as it says and I have not replaced a single item.

LOVE IT!!! I bought mine from royal prestige. I didn't buy it in a set cause i was poor...but I did get it in pieces. I will NEVER use anything else. I've only had mine about 6 years, but they have done great! I've sent 2 lids back to be fixed, but it was likely my kids fault that it broke! However, they replaced it no questions asked. You could buy it on ebay for a few hundred, but you lose the warranty. However...the pans are fantastic! Really.

I don't know I just have "regular" stainless steel cookware, All-Clad and Calphalon which I buy in outlets or on ebay. I had one supposed water and greaseless stainless steel pot a few years ago and I didn't think it was any different than the other stainless steel cookware.

I don't "cook" my veggies, I use a bamboo steamer that is on top of the cookware with boiling water, I usually BBQ chicken, fish or meat, if not BBQed I have a large non-stick frying pan and that's about all I need.

I guess it depends on what you cook, I can't think of anything that I would use it for. I am not sure what the waterless is good for. Still need water to cook my pasta, rice and oatmeal :D

I don't think I would spend the money on it.

HTH

I don't know about the waterless/greaseless stuff, but I've been using cast iron for a lot of cooking for the last year. Once it's seasoned (it comes pre-seasoned, but re-season anyway), it's pretty much greaseless. And much cheaper than $1000+ (and adds a bit of iron to the diet and providssome upper-body work, because it is heavy--especially the Dutch oven).

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.