Upper body recommendation (during lower body injury)

Ain't that the truth! Still "nursing" my left knee somewhat, but hard-headed me, decided
to practice how I could modify those step over front lunges. Well, needless to say, now
my right ankle/foot hurts....got a ankle support on now...:(
I do the same thing. I have anterior ankle weakness from an ankle injury five years ago. I wore unsupportive shoes for a week while walking a lot at work. This caused my ankle to give away and all of my toes bent backwards and are severely bruised/overstretched. The day after the injury i mapped out a rotation with upper body emphasis instead of resting.

Well, I'm just revisiting this...always looking for new workouts to try! I'm now 6 months post-injury and not recovered. This is a brutal injury (high-grade proximal hamstring tear...I basically tore 2 of 3 hamstrings off the pelvis). A million times better than initial injury and still making slow improvement, but still can't even walk pre-injury ability. Still doing PT exercise for lower body and those are progressing, 1 to 2 short walks per day (one with trekking poles to go "fast" and kinda get heart rate up, one for form/work on gait). I'll do some of the Cathe lives for upper body or pre-mixes, or I have a few go-to vides on Youtube. I try to keep each workout short b/c I have so much to do w/ my PT and walks, so trying to keep each session to about 20 minutes. Definitely gotta get some of that upper and core work in though! To anyone else rehabbing an injury, keep at it! I just want to walk decently again...that's my goal! Never imagined something so simple could be so life-changing.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.