• 50 - 59

Votes: 31 40.8%
  • 60 - 69

Votes: 25 32.9%
  • 70+

Votes: 9 11.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
So interesting!!! Hoping more will vote....so far, 60-69 is top of the list! How about that!
I think it's amazing! However, it's also a little daunting ... what are younger people doing for fitness? I don't see as many runners/joggers or even younger walkers on the trails like I used to see. Are the gyms full? Are they at crossfit?

So far, I can’t say I’m surprised. But it definitely puts a spin on content. Glad Cathe is doing the Lift, Move, and Restore program. It’s definitely a good thing.
That assumes that us moldy oldies are falling apart. Many of us are in pretty darn good shape in big part thanks to Cathe’s more advanced workouts.

Lift, move and restore is the icing on my exercise cake.

The poll 9 years ago had 115 total votes….would be great if we could at least match
that and compare the two.
I agree. However, if not, that may be significant too! I think keeping the poll open for a month & on the 1st page with "bumps" will help. Once Cathe starts making more posts about the new series there will be more traffic.

Since I am a gym rat myself, the gyms are full. Younger people who honestly don't know what they are doing and they spend just as much time on their phones looking up exercises to do than they do doing them.
My initial thought was "isn't that the gym management's fault in not helping these members develop an individualized program?" Then i remember that back in the late 1990's i decided to add weight lifting to my fitness regimen (I mostly did cardio). I purchased a couple of books & went to the gym closest to my office on my lunch hour & I had a exercise physiology student show me how the machines operated. Then I was on my own. Not a good plan. That’s when I bought my 1st Cathe VHS - the Pure Strength Series & the rest is history! I've learned a lot from Cathe! :)

I've had gym memberships in the past - mostly because some co-workers wanted me to join in so we'd get a group discount. Funny thing was I stayed while the rest of them kind of lost their motivation. I was actually surprised to enjoy the gym experience, beings for many years I'd worked out exclusively at home with FIRM and Cathe workouts.

I credit my Cathe workouts with giving me good form pointers, at least, when it came to free weights.

Took me a while to figure out some of the machines, for sure, so I mostly just stuck with free weights.

I kind of miss the gym days. Always interesting people there. Some of the group fitness classes were actually pretty fun. There was one... I think they called it "Body Flow", that did a mix of Tai-Chi, Yoga, and Pilates. Really enjoyed that class.

My favorite gym experience was watching a guy doing pushups while I was warming up on an elliptical. He was in line of sight, and I remember him getting into pushup position and then just... vibrating... there. That's the best I could describe it. Vibrating. They weren't full pushups, he was just doing teeny tiny little rapid movements where he looked like he was vibrating. It was pretty humorous.

I think it's amazing! However, it's also a little daunting ... what are younger people doing for fitness? I don't see as many runners/joggers or even younger walkers on the trails like I used to see. Are the gyms full? Are they at crossfit?
There's still a large group of people following newer fitness influencers whose primary platforms are social media sites like Instagram, YouTube, etc.. They may still be doing home workouts, just with other instructors who develop different types of fitness programs that aren't in DVD format but use custom apps, etc., instead. Natacha Oceane is one I can think of.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.