update on Tracie Long's new DVDs

obrn

Cathlete
They've started rehearsals on the 4 DVDs in production. 2 will have Tracie as lead, Jen Carman and Susan Harris will lead the others. This was posted on Tracie's board:
"Yes, we will have music much like what is in the other TLP videos.

Rehearsals are going well and I'm sore in places that I haven't been sore in a very long time! There is so much one leg work and balance moves that just make your lower body scream for mercy. This particular workout is very deceptive. It seems as if using only a medicine ball and paper plates (no step, no weights, no stability ball) would be relatively easy....wrong! Tracie says that this is the toughest of the four and I'm inclined to agree, though the other three are by no means easy.

For all of you classic FIRM fans out there, I think you'll really like Jen's video. It's very much in the traditional AWT format, but with TLT's unique functional fitness spin. Good stuff!

Oh, there's been one cast member change. Bonnie decided that she couldn't make the time commitment for rehearsals and bowed out. Nancy Batchelder (instructor at V and former FIRM instructor) is taking her place.

Stephanie
TLP/V"

Personally, I love my gadgets, but I'm thinking it will be great to have a workout that doesn't use all of them!
Valerie

:)

Have they started the presale yet?
My retinas burn trying to read their forum, so I don't bother going there anymore.

Tracie started her own gym, V, more than a yr. ago and produced some DVDs after getting certified by the National Academy of Sports Medicine. They have a functional fitness emphasis and are different from anything else I've seen out there. I wouldn't say they replace traditional workouts, but they definitely have a place in a well rounded fitness program. Her website is www.justv.net.
HTH,
Valerie
:)

WOO HOO!!! I will order these sight unseen!! I've been waiting SO long for new stuff from Tracie and the gang!!

Carol
:) :) :)

I'd pre-order these in a heartbeat (they WILL be on regular DVD, won't they? I've read some people have already started to have problems with the DVD-R's that the Foundations workouts were filmed on).

Tracie has said they will be on DVD and the production quality will be top notch. My TLPs are holding up ok, but I wish they'd re-do them on DVD. Sad that some of the best work outs were put out w/ such not great quality.
Valerie

I just checked out Tracie's site and here's the latest:

"We are filming the videos inside of V in front of one of the beautiful windows that overlooks Charleston Harbor and the SC Aquarium. For those of you that have visited us, it will be in the area that you look at as you go up the two steps from the reception area to the cardio and Free Motion equipment . No problem with light there! In addition to natural light we will have plenty of bright production lights on the set. No need for stripes on the pants and even black WILL stand out, promise! I think you'll really like the colors of the outfits, as well as those of the floor mat and equipment. Think light, bright and airy.

Stephanie
TLP/V"

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.