TV shows that I ALWAYS watch

**Disclaimer...I watch some pretty awful TV :p **

True Blood
Project Runway
ALL the Real Housewives..the more drama the better!!
Top Chef
How I Met Your Mother (looooooooove Jason Segel!!!!)
Flipping Out
Hells Kitchen/Kitchen Nightmares/The F Word...basically if you throw Gordon Ramsey in it, I will watch it!
Rachel Zoe
Millionaire Matchmaker
Dexter (Jules, this is a MUST watch!!!)
Jerseylicious
Jersey Shore
Teen Mom
You Are What You Eat
Intervention
any BBC show that has people with rare conditions
Wife Swap
Degrassi Jr High (yes hi I am 29 and I watch Teen Nick)
Bridezillas

I miss Nip/Tuck :(

In order of interest:
My current obsession is White Collar..... just caught the season 1 marathon a few weeks ago via DVR and now am an avid fan
Mad Men
Royal Pains
Covert Affairs
NCIS
Man Made: National Geographic AWESOME
Selling New York
House Hunters
Triple D on food network
Barefoot Contessa

Wow, I've never even heard of most of these shows. I feel so out of the loop! I really like to watch House... that's about it. I'm sure I'd enjoy most of the others but we have really been making an effort to limit the time that TV is on in the house for the sake of our 1-yr-old.

So many of us love Mad Men- but can any of us explain why? I love the show, but I am completely at a loss as to why.

LOL! I agree with you! In fact, while I was watching the season opener on Sunday I was thinking, "I don't even like any of these people that much. Why am I watching this?"

I guess it's because the writing and acting is good... but like you, I just can't pinpoint why I love it.

NCIS
MONK
O'Reilly
Charles Krauthammer at 6pm on Fox -- I try to never miss him, I like him the most
Greta at 10 pm on Fox

Mad Men (yay! it's back!)
Top Chef
Project Runway
The Soup

That's about it. During the summer I watch mostly baseball. I've become a fan of a few other shows that get cancelled--not sure what that says about me--am I the kiss of death for tv shows?? :p

I barely have time to work and workout let alone watch tv lol!

Actually I dont "always" watch anything except college football when it's the season. I do watch The Office, but probably wont next season. For background noise I'll "watch" Seinfeld reruns. That's it!

So many of us love Mad Men- but can any of us explain why? I love the show, but I am completely at a loss as to why.

Here are my reasons: the writing, the character development, it takes place during an era that hasn't been done to D-E-A-T-H IMHO (like the 70s and 80s), and authentic details. I was a child during the period it's about---the age of the middle Draper child---and it's like revisiting my young childhood seeing the products, commercials, clothing, sets (that kitchen---man, my parents had knotty pine cupboards and a built in oven!!). In every episode there is something that makes my DH and I look at each other and say "oooh remember that?" Those years were a happy time in my life when I was pretty much in a cocoon world completely oblivious and protected from the struggles going on in the larger world. All of that would hit me in the face several years later when I got older and looked around more!

Don't know why younger people like the show---unless it's because it seems so alien! :p

Here are my reasons: the writing, the character development, it takes place during an era that hasn't been done to D-E-A-T-H IMHO (like the 70s and 80s), and authentic details. I was a child during the period it's about---the age of the middle Draper child---and it's like revisiting my young childhood seeing the products, commercials, clothing, sets (that kitchen---man, my parents had knotty pine cupboards and a built in oven!!). In every episode there is something that makes my DH and I look at each other and say "oooh remember that?" Those years were a happy time in my life when I was pretty much in a cocoon world completely oblivious and protected from the struggles going on in the larger world. All of that would hit me in the face several years later when I got older and looked around more!

Don't know why younger people like the show---unless it's because it seems so alien! :p

So it actually seems real to you- not stylized for effect?

I'm sure it is stylized---I was just a little kid so probably my whole life at the time was pretty stylized and my memory isn't that clear :D. And of course I had no idea what the workplace would have been like. My dad wore the Donald Draper type of clothes and had a drink every day after work. I think what seems "real" to me is the general look, the products, commercials, programs, and even little details like the typewriters in the office!

I haven't watched a lot of tv lately, but here are the shows I normally watch or at least have been DVR-ing:

Pretty Little Liars (embaressed to admit this)
Tru Blood
Criminal Minds (LOVE this show)
CSI - the original Las Vegas version
Mythbusters
Modern Marvels
Dancing with the Stars
America's Funniest Home Videos
Bones
Dirty Jobs
Extreme Makeover Home Edition

Shows that aren't on anymore that I watched:
Lost
X Files
Dharma and Greg
Friends

And I love everything on the Food Network - Chopped, Iron Chef, Good Eats, etc...

For those of you who like Chopped, Aaron is WAY taller in person than you would think. I'm 5'8" and expected him to be short from what he looks like on tv. You can see he's not! I'm not used to being dwarfed.

FoodNetwork.jpg

Last edited:
Any of the cooking shows, love them all

Clean House
Hoarders
First 48
Criminal Minds
The Closer
Rizzoli & Isles
Pysch
Covert Affairs
Burn Notice
Leverage
White Collar
Monk
Dark Blue
Tru Blood
Royal Pains
Toddlers and Tiaras (hilarious)
X-files (can never get enough)
The Mentalist
Sorpranos

I'm sure there's more lol

(Can you tell that I love dramas and crime shows, with a little food mixed in)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.