Trying to kick the sugar addiction

ssquared

I am 45 and have been working out with Cathe for about 10 years. Although my workout schedule can be sporadic at times because I travel a lot for work, I am making an effort to try to work out at least 5 days a week and loving the new RWH series. However, I want to get leaner and my weight is not budging and I don't seem to be toning up as quickly as I have been able to in the past. I am attributing it to my sugar addiction, but the cravings are killing me. Does anyone have hints or tips on how to keep the cravings away while I am trying to get off the sugar? I feel like I need a 12-Step program to kick this! :)

I know this is going to sound really strange, but when I cut waaay back on carbs, and eat gluten free, my cravings go away, and I am never hungry. I know, call me weird, but that's what works for me. Good luck with whatever you try, cravings are a monster.

I also went lower carb last year. It really helped me get leaner and more toned. It was an adjustment. But more protein and higher fat have kept me more full with less cravings. My carbs come mostly from veggies and seeds/nuts. I also make some desserts with stevia, xylitol, etc which helps.

In my opinion I really feel that what you eat is the key to losing weight. The working out is more for making your body healthy your muscles more toned and for a healthy heart. I recently cut out grains and dairy from my diet again and can say that I really don't crave sugar much like I use too. My stomach also isn't bloated as much. I follow the food plan for the 21 day fix program which imo is such an awesome food plan and also so simple to follow. Your just eating real food all the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would say, first take a look at what else is going on in your life. If this is a stressful time, giving up an addiction will not work. So, make sure it is a relatively peaceful time before starting. Are you going to quit cold-turkey, or focus on a gradual reduction? Good luck!

Thanks for everyone's input! I originally thought I was going to gradually reduce the sugar intake, but now I wonder if it is better to go cold turkey. I appreciate the ideas about cutting out carbs...I always try to eat a lot of protein. I am interested in the 21 Day Fix program if it's easy to follow.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.