Tongue Piercing

>Not only do I feel old, I now feel dumb. WTH is a "hood
>piercing???"

Think to yourself, what is the worst, most painful "intimate" place you could possibly have pierced on your body? - I think that's it.
;-)

Back to the tongue!... I read that another serious issue is some are aspirated ( they come out unknowingly) by accident and can cause serious problems!

I had mine done about 7 years ago when I was 18. It is not a very painful peircing or one that is very difficult to heal (unlike my cranky rook percing). It felt like a bee sting and I just spoke funny for a couple of weeks. I also had to eat soft foods and wash out my mouth a bunch of times a day.

However the I let it grow shut after a few months. After swallowing two or three metal beads and then eventually the whole thing at once I let it grow shut. Luckily for me it did not cause any problems. I would tighten it all the time too!

>I had mine done about 7 years ago when I was 18. It is not a
>very painful peircing or one that is very difficult to heal
>(unlike my cranky rook percing). It felt like a bee sting and
>I just spoke funny for a couple of weeks. I also had to eat
>soft foods and wash out my mouth a bunch of times a day.
>
>However the I let it grow shut after a few months. After
>swallowing two or three metal beads and then eventually the
>whole thing at once I let it grow shut. Luckily for me it did
>not cause any problems. I would tighten it all the time too!

WOW!!!! I never thought about swallowing the beads!!!! I am so glad I asked this question.. I don't think I want one know, maybe I came to my senses!!!!:)

i got my tongue pierced about 8 yrs ago. It didnt hurt. My bellybutton piercing hurt more. It didnt really hurt afterwards either, so zero recovery. however, I played with it a lot in my mouth and in doing so, resembled a camel. Something to think about. Not very sophisticated. I took it out. It healed up just fine.

i had my tongue pierced about 6 years ago. i thought it was pretty painful and the pain lasted a few weeks although ice chips and aleve helped quite alot.
i ended up taking it out after one morning i woke up with a sharp pain in my lower front tooth. the pain subsided after several minutes. however over the next few weekes i noticed that tooth was loose. i went to the dentist and they took an xray and the tooth was cracked below the gum line. i then had to have the root dug out. because my teeth were kind of crammed in down there they could not just put in a false tooth. they gave me my options: i could get braces, i could have 3 or 4 teeth pulled to make room for a bridge. i opted for braces which set me back about $3800.00.
i totally regret getting my tongue pierced but i am glad now my teeth are straight. so i guess it turned out alright.
t

I say go for the bellybutton if you are just wanting to pierce something... I had mine done when I was 18 and now will be...oh wow, 30 this year & still have it. I like it, looks good when in a swimsuit but besides that it really doesn't show often.

My blood doesn't clot real well so my bleed for like hours upon hours but once that stopped I've had no problems since, I did clean it twice a day for like a month so it wouldn't get infected but since then no issues.

At 47 yo I had my left ear pierced. It didn't hurt at all. The only time I notice it is when I'm outside in the cold. It's a big curved barbell.

I was foolish and 18...got my tongue pierced. It was swollen for a week and painful. I took it out after a year when my new boyfriend convinced me it looked stupid and that being natural (no tattoos/piercings) is so much more appealing to him. This was 7 years ago now. If you look at my tongue now you can totally tell I had one--sort of a raised ridge around where the hole was. I regret it. I still have dreams that I'm talking to someone and it's clanking against my teeth. And I can still feel the unnatural pulling against my tongue. It makes me shudder. And I think one of the worst things was the look on my dad's face when he saw it. I knew I disappointed him. Sigh...stupid teenager.
On a brighter note, I'm still with that boyfriend..had our 7 year in Feb :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.