Three questions

jengollf

Cathlete
I hope it's ok to cram several questions into one post. I've been holding off posting a question directly to Cathe for a while, but I'm finally doing it.

First, I am in my final week of a 5.5 month rotation of STS and I LOVE it. I have done a lot of programs but this is the most amazing yet. I definitely plan to do it again, but I was wondering what your recommendation was on how frequently someone should do STS and the period of time between rounds.

Second, I also want to do the bodybuilding rotation you posted (http://cathe.com/forum/f95/rotation-body-building-287493/) in response to someone else's question, but I noticed that Xtrain workouts are not featured. This makes sense since Xtrain didn't exist when you answered the question, but now that it is out there, how would you recommend it be incorporated into that rotation?

And third and final--I am very interested in trying your Rock Bottoms rotation, but again, you have released new workouts since the most recent Rock Bottoms rotation was posted--plus you have lower body workouts in your upcoming releases. Any chance of another Rock Bottoms rotation? This one featuring the new workouts (the ones about to be released plus Xtrain)--and also using the 100 rep hip thrust challenge?

Thanks for all of your amazing workouts and the time you put into creating them, as well as stopping by this forum to answer our questions!

I would also be very interested in Cathe's answers to all 3 of these questions!

I also just finished STS although I only did the 3 month rotation and am now doing Cathe's bodybuilding rotation and would be interested in an updated version with the newer workouts.

I was thinking about doing the intermediate rock bottoms rotation...seems a little less scary :) but would be interested to see what a newer version would look like.

Hi Jen...

Thank you so much for your sincere and supportive words. I'm so happy that you enjoy training with me.

Quest 1) You can do STS as many times as you like because each time you will most likely be a little stronger with it. I would say after you do it a second time to take three to four weeks off and do an entirely different type of program to let your muscles recover/strengthen from the STS approach plus shock your metabolism by throwing a whole new training approach at them. For example, you can switch to Xtrain series for two weeks and then 4 day split for two weeks before doing STS again (if desired).

Quest 2) Yes, you could incorporate the Xtrain strength workouts into this rotation. Cardio Leg Blast is similar in training method to Plyo Legs from STS and Burnsets is traditional weight lifting. The other two strength workouts in XTRAIN (chest/back/shoulders and Bi's tri's) are not as traditional & intensly focused on a specific muscle group as burn sets. I would stick to Xtrain Burn Sets and Xtrain Cardio Leg Blast and Xtrain Legs for this rotation.

Quest 3) Remind me to do an updated Rock Bottoms rotation at the end of this month. However, if the new DVD's arrive, I might not be able to do it this month because I like to do a rotation using them. If that's the case then remind me again for the November rotation ;)

Thank you again for your enthusiasm and support Jen!

I hope it's ok to cram several questions into one post. I've been holding off posting a question directly to Cathe for a while, but I'm finally doing it.

First, I am in my final week of a 5.5 month rotation of STS and I LOVE it. I have done a lot of programs but this is the most amazing yet. I definitely plan to do it again, but I was wondering what your recommendation was on how frequently someone should do STS and the period of time between rounds.

Second, I also want to do the bodybuilding rotation you posted (http://cathe.com/forum/f95/rotation-body-building-287493/) in response to someone else's question, but I noticed that Xtrain workouts are not featured. This makes sense since Xtrain didn't exist when you answered the question, but now that it is out there, how would you recommend it be incorporated into that rotation?

And third and final--I am very interested in trying your Rock Bottoms rotation, but again, you have released new workouts since the most recent Rock Bottoms rotation was posted--plus you have lower body workouts in your upcoming releases. Any chance of another Rock Bottoms rotation? This one featuring the new workouts (the ones about to be released plus Xtrain)--and also using the 100 rep hip thrust challenge?

Thanks for all of your amazing workouts and the time you put into creating them, as well as stopping by this forum to answer our questions!

I've never been so excited about my bottom in my life. :p Looking forward to seeing a new RB Rotation. Maybe ....;)

Thank you!

Thank you so much for responding to my questions! I can better to put together a plan for how to keep using STS as well as Xtrain and your bodybuilding rotation.

And I am marking it on my calendar to remind you about a new Rock Bottoms rotation! I'm excited! :D

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.