They mount up!

Justinef

Cathlete
I started off thinking RWH was great, do-able, fun..... but it mounts up pretty quickly! I could barely get through Legs today (having aced To The Max a couple of days ago). It's relentless. Every workout seems to kill my lower body (quite surprised Cathe didn't include a few plie jacks in with the UB Lift It workouts!!!)

Time for a rest day, I think ;)

Yep, brutal but in a good way, right? I was on antibiotics when I received The RWH series so they were almost undoable for me. I thought, "are these extremely hard or is it just me?" Comparably, they seem much easier now....but not easy!!!

My feeling is that, although each workout is do-able, as a series they are the hardest yet- in XTrain there was some let up (hard strikes rests your legs, and there were more ub weights workouts). In rwh my quads are constantly being used. I've done the scrambled rotation, and then went straight into the rotation with Xtrain.....exhausting! Xtrain Bis and Tris today - which in a sense has given me a break. Circuit Legs tomorrow...wish me luck!

Let me know how you get on, Beth.

Circuit legs felt much better today, after bis and tris yesterday. Hopefully my exhaustion was only temporary!
I'd like to know what sort of results people are seeing from this series - I reckon it'll be great for fat loss. My appetite has gone through the roof, and I know I'm going to have trouble keeping my weight up (not a problem, straight after Xmas and New Year....but could be in a few weeks time!)

Cathe has really pushed us this time.

I was thinking of going on to that rotation next. Second time round with UB circuit wasn't as bad as first. Replacing the butt kicks with something else made a big difference!
I think it also might have had something to do with the time of year starting the series. The run-up to Christmas is not energy-filled for me. I've noticed a difference this week now I'm back to my usual routine.

I really agree as well. I actually decided to stop the Getting Started with RWH rotation with just 9 days to go, partly because we had to go out of town and I missed a couple of days anyway, and partly because I was running out of energy! I am going to start X Train on Tuesday, then try the RWH/LIS rotation when I am done with that. Maybe that will be easier.

I keep thinking of the reviewer who wrote this in her review of Lean Legs & Abs: "We need you to go back to the hard stuff.Im a huge fan but the workouts have been getting easy!" I cannot help but wonder if that comment might have had something to do with the challenging nature of this series. :)

Some are definitely harder than others - I agree about the leg workouts - killer! Since I was feeling oh so confidant about my fitness level this past weekend I did Hit it legs followed by plyo one - holy crap I felt like I was having an asthma attack and I don't even have asthma! Humbling....changes my perspective of workouts that are less than an hour long.

Oh my gosh they REALLY do! I just started Week 2 of the RWH month scrambled rotation and Plyo 2 was SO hard!! I could hardly finish any of the moves my legs were killing me! I was getting frustrated! Love it though haha!

Week four of the RWH two month rotation, has royally kicked my butt. Here it is Friday morning, it's taken till 8:00 am to finally wake up. I could barely move to feed my dogs. They just keep looking at me. I can just see the wheels in their head turning, like "what's up with her?" Oh, my legs. I still have chest, shoulders and tris to do today. Thank goodness, it's upper body.

Karen

Last edited:
I don't know how I missed this thread...probably had DOMS of the brain from the initial shock of RWH! Yes, this series is AWESOME and challenging! I am finishing up week 2 of the 2 Month Rotation and find myself REALLY appreciating my "rest days" ;)! I love how intense these "shorter" workouts are and that I have a lot of room to grow with them...some moves are getting better; others will take a bit more time. I am looking forward to the end of Week 4 just so I can evaluate my progress and see where I am (most of you ladies mentioned really being able to tell a difference around the 4 week mark)...I also am looking forward to the circuit workouts being back in the mix. I did the "Getting Started" rotation and really like the circuit style workouts. But Legs...oh, Legs! It is a workout that follows you for a couple of days, ey?:)

Hi everyone! I only got to do two and a half weeks of RWH and I had surgery. Now I have to wait 6 weeks before doing any workouts again. So i am excited to start again. Well 5 more weeks To go! So I see some of you got in four weeks so far and well I know everyone is saying it's hard and hurting but how about some visible results and weight loss or strength? I'd love to hear what it has done as far as making a difference in your appearance . I am hoping to get some motivation while I am getting some healing on

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.