The Funniest Movie

Mocha

Cathlete
Hi all! I'm looking for some really fun, hilarious movies to add to my blockbuster queue... so I thought I'd ask: What is the funniest movie you've ever seen? My vote goes for Anchorman. Steve Carroll made me laugh so hard in that I couldn't breathe...

Love the christmas story!

How about...Christmas vacation with chevy chase...hilarious!

Here are some of our fav's.

-Just friends
-Me Myself and Irene(or any Jim Carey movie)
-there's something about mary
-nepeoleon dynamite
-friday
-40 yr old virgin
-my cousin vinny

Thats all I can think of right now:-(

We love the movie 'Rat Race', great ensemble and so silly. And how about some good old Monty Python, I can't help but laugh at them.

Take Care
Laurie:)

You guys have great suggestions...

One more to add to your queue... Office Space!

Love that movie!

Take care, Lynn M.

I second Amelia's vote for My Cousin Vinny. I've probably seen it 100 times and I still laugh out loud every time.

I say go for:

Just Friends
The 40 yr old Virgin
Knocked Up
Borat

My SO and I have crazy senses of humor, so these movies aren't for everyone. They can have some seriously dirty humor, so be prepared if you decide to watch them. They are all beyond hysterical, though. Just thinking about them makes me laugh!

Allison

One movie I thought would be frat-boy stupid but turned out to be very charming was "40-year Old Virgin".

Another movie I thought I'd hate but somehow it really made me laugh was "Dodgeball". Something about the sound of the dodgeballs bouncing off things just made me giggle uncontrollably!

Of course my favorite movie of all time is "Auntie Mame" with Rosalind Russell (NOT the one with Lucille Ball).

Susan L.G.

This is Spinal Tap ("Well, I'm sure I'd feel much worse if I weren't under such heavy sedation.")
Best in Show ("And to think that in some countries these dogs are eaten.")
Raising Arizona ("Mind you don't cut yourself, Mortichai!")

Oh, Yeah, Best in Show! I forgot about that one. Absolutely hysterical!

Anchorman is another favorite too, just like the OP mentioned. And one more I'll always love is Uncle Buck. Soooo funny!

Allison

Definitely "This is Spinal Tap" and "Best in Show".

Along the lines of "Dodgeball", I'll throw in "Old School" but only on DVD, don't waste your time watching on network TV, they cut too much out.

A couple more - "Blazing Saddles" and "Private Parts".

ETA - If you've got time to kill, get the entire first season DVD of "The Office". Not technically a movie, but still great.

>Talk about weird, one of our family favorites is Ringo Starr's
>Caveman.

OMG, that movie is so bad, it's hilarious!!! A definite must-see! :)

Another vote here for Office Space, Princess Bride, My Cousin Vinny, Christmas Vacation, Monty Python and the Holy Grail, and A Christmas Story.

I'm also a huge fan of the Naked Gun movies. I know a lot of people think they're stupid, but they crack me up. ;)

Does anybody remember Mystery Science Theater 3000? There were a couple episodes of this that just killed me. I wonder if any of it is available on DVD...

TOMMY BOY!!!!! :7 :7 :7 :7

"fat man in a little coat....."

"but richard....."

"shnikeys....."

"me want sleepy......."

need I say more - hahahaha - I love it! over and over and over again!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.