Tell me this mom is joking!!!

pjlippert

Cathlete
It's okay to bring her 9 yo daughter to Victoria's Secret to shop for 'pretty panties'... is she f-ing kidding me!?!?!??

They are marketing towards age appropriate college age girls!! NOT elementary age school little girls!

Mom Says Victoria’s Secret Okay for Tween - ABC News

It's a fricken pedophiles dream and a parent's nightmare!:mad::mad::mad:

Oh- but she "probably wouldn't get lace for her daughter"... how moral of her!!:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

I think this is awful, but unfortunally I'm not surprised that many parents think this is just fine. I'm SHOCKED by the dance "clothes" that a lot of parents let their girls wear to my dsughters dance class, were talking a sports bra and tiny shorts.....and that's it. What makes me just as mad is that the dance studio allows it.

I volunteer at my son's elementary school every now and then and you would be surprised how many of the girls wear Victoria's Secret gear to his school. I was pretty shocked the first time I saw it. More than a couple are already highlighting their hair too. I don't know why kids want to grow up so quickly...with bills, work, stress, etc, it's not always so wonderful being an adult. I think they should enjoy being carefree as long as they can!

Wow! I would be more concerned at teaching my child modesty and how to be a young honorable lady then how to get laid. Honestly that is how guys take it when they see sexy undies.
When I was in school, if the boys saw a black or red bra strap they took that as an invitation. I never understood that.
My older sister has always let her daughter wear bikinis since she was a baby. Now my niece is 10 and wonders why the boys talk dirty to her. ::roll eyes:: she wears mid drift tops and thinks nothing of it.

I think this is awful, but unfortunally I'm not surprised that many parents think this is just fine. I'm SHOCKED by the dance "clothes" that a lot of parents let their girls wear to my dsughters dance class, were talking a sports bra and tiny shorts.....and that's it. What makes me just as mad is that the dance studio allows it.

Count me in. When I was taking dance the outfits were completely inappropriate a lot of the time and my parents wouldn't let me take 'jazz' dance because it was too suggestive. I didn't go out for cheerleading either for the same reason. Why do we have to sexualize kids too early???

Not only does a 9 yo not need VS underwear, but who would pay that much for underwear for a 9 yo anyway???? They are so expensive...I don't even by them for myself for that reason.

I agree about the cheerleading and dance outfits. My daughter is in competitive cheerleading and the outfits are mid-drift. I am happy to report that they have changed the rules for the younger girls. They are no longer allowed to wear mid-drift outfits starting next season. Their bellies must be covered. Since most of the teams still have the mid-drift outfits this year, they have changed the rules so that they must wear a T-shirt over their outfit at all times when not on the competition floor. I still think the shorts are too short :mad:, but at least their bellies are now covered.

I remember when I took my DD to a check up when she was 11, and the doctor was advising her to avoid thong underwear. I choked and said "you must be joking, at 11?" and she said most of her female patients start wearing thongs in middle school and that they cause yeast infections and irritation. I almost fell off the chair. :confused:

I am stunned at all of this. Thongs!??! Seriously???? How scary! ITA- why focus so much on girl's undergarments- it's creepy! Just let them be little girls, for God's sake!! Stop rushing their maturity. Life is complicated enough as an adolescent without adding over-sexualizing them. Just let them be little girls!

I'm sooo glad I have a boy. Hanes tighty whities and that's it!

Pam

This kinda reminded me of a "situation" I had last year while shopping for a bathing suit for my daughter. All I wanted was a nice, one-piece, with perhaps a little skirt on her bottom -- something cute. Well I was livid when all the stores were carrying 2-piece bikini's for TODDLERS! Seriously? Sorry, I might sound like a prude, but I don't want my 3yr old daughter in a bikini, exposing her belly button, with a top that looks like it should be worn on a Sports Illustrated model. No way, not happening :mad:.

I'm disgusted by some of the articles of clothing out there for young girls. There is no chance in hell my daughter will be dressing anywhere near "sexy" as long as she lives under MY roof and obeys by MY rules.

If you think toddler swimwear is bad, try shopping for a 12 year old. Fortunately my daughter is modest, but that doesn't help when they don't even make anything suitable. We went to every store in town and couldn't find anything appropriate. We finally found something that was okay, but neither one of us was crazy about it. I dread next year when she has to move into junior sizes.

It looks like there may be a market for modest children's clothing, maybe that should be my next business. This is getting ridiculous. I'm just this close to going out and buying a sewing machine. Nuts man.

It looks like there may be a market for modest children's clothing, maybe that should be my next business. This is getting ridiculous. I'm just this close to going out and buying a sewing machine. Nuts man.

You hit the nail on the head. My daugther is 16, but I remember when she was a preteen it was VERY difficult to find appropriate clothing for her. She "bloomed" early and finding stuff to fit her that was not too mature was a nightmare.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.