Taking it to the Max-- June 2013 thru...

I finished up all the 21DF workouts: Friday was Cardio Fix, yesterday was Dirty 30 and today was Yoga Fix and 10 min abs. I thought Dirty 30 was going to be harder, but the 2 cardios were.

I finally have a bit of time to tell you about Amber from GGS's email. She basically offered some other MIC and HiiT workouts/links with videos, but still didn't seem great. I talked to her about my nutrition, and she was right that I do tend to take "handfuls" of chocolate chips or dark chocolate covered almonds (which I stopped buying). And if I eat more during the day I won't feel the need to eat in the evening, but then there's the eating out of boredom...which might be true to, maybe not "bored" that's not quite the right word, but I don't know what is better.

So I finally responded saying that I didn't like the food plans because there really wasn't anything new about them, I had found similar stuff on the internet. Same with the nutrition plan itself, minus the formula for figuring out calories (way to high for me at 1877) and FODMAP, all about food sensitivities and what not, I don't have those, or at least I don't think I do.

I said I had completed 3 weeks and then went back to DVDs. I also asked for my money back as I'm under the 60s for money back guarantee. I bought it one Sept 13.

So tomorrow I'm back to Cathe! But I have no idea what I want to do! I realize my faves are: XTrain, RWH, PRS1&2, CF, TTM, B&G, STS Total Body, BM2 (but too long including premixes, I guess this is where the workout blender would come in handy...) and I guess PUB/PLB would be up there too. I'm not sure I'm going to even plan this week. I may just decide when I get down there. But I do like to plan! I wish I could just come up with a framework. I know I like taking Wednesdays off and yoga or nothing on Sundays. And no working the same body part 2 days in a row. I also like to follow Cathe's planned rotations sometimes...

Hi Renee and Katie!

Last night was muscle max!! Love that one I was a sweaty mess!
Lady Lep what was you opinion on the Beach body 21 day fix? I felt like it was not what everyone made it out to be.
I can't wait for catches new workouts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hi girls! good to hear from you both! today for me was supersets, jivamukti yoga and now a walk. supersets has gotten easier for me since the first time I tried it last summer (august, I think). the bicep concentration curls on the ball with 25 lb barbell are now more manageable, and I am not the sweaty mess that I used to be after finishing this one. either I have gotten stronger, or I have gotten used to cathe's old workouts, I guess! o_O tomorrow will be a crazy day, as the boys get here at 9am and I will have them until 5:00. long day with little ones! what work did you end up finding, renee? hope it's something you will enjoy!

great job on muscle max, renee! I haven't done that one in a while. will have to do it again soon! I am super excited for the new workouts, but am now wondering about the music? did you hear something?

ladylep-- I am glad they listened to you and you can still get your money back! maybe if you look through some of the rotations on the workout manager you will find one that suits you? welcome back to cathe! ;)

hope you girls have a nice Monday!

katie

Katie, you did a lot today! I would love to get another workout in tonight!

Today I did Xtrain bis and tris premix rounds 1-5. Good to be back. I'm contemplating doing Xtrain CBS shortest premix tonight. I'm not sure if I'll do legs, cardio/HiiT or combo/metabolic/RWH CLB. So many faves to choose from!!

Diet has been good today:
Breakfast- protein shake with cashew milk and fruit
Snack: brown cow strawberry yogurt
Lunch: roasted cauliflower, 1/2 apple, 4 oz chicken breast
Snack: 2 turkey stick and cheddar cheese stick
While making dinner snack: roasted carrots in Old Bay
Dinner will be salad with home made balsamic and 21 day fix Mexican lasagna: whole wheat tortillas, refried black beans, ground chicken thigh, 2 peppers, onion and 2c cheeses. Hopefully it will be good.
Eagles game snack: chips with guacamole and salsa

Hopefully all that food will keep me away from the chocolate chips!

Renee, 21 day fix workouts are eh at best, beginner to intermediate at best. I liked the length, the music wasn't bad I didn't really notice it much, except that it wasn't instrumental or annoying! The warm up and cool downs are all the same and each workout is laid out the same X amount of rounds, each round will have X amount of exercises 1 min long each with a 15-20 sec rest and repeat before next round. Definitely high reps, I'd rather lift heavy and not so long. Because of the length there was some sting factor. But mild.

I can't wait for ICE too!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Tonight I had only enough time to do low impact ripped with HIIT one and two timesaver. I wanted to do both workouts but knew it was over 40 minutes and no time so I did the one that had first half of one and second half of the second workout and it was like a new workout! Fun and got it done in 31 minutes. Not bad! So anyway I am off to the bed!

Oh Katie no I have not heard anything more about the music except the disappointment part that it isn't vocals. I am not happy about that. I thought I mentioned that part not sure. At best maybe it is like Ripped with HIIT music? I liked that okay. If it is like low impact series though I will be highly upset. Hit here was a lot of people that was not liking that music. I know she has to be listening to the majority hopefully and won't do that again!! If she does then we'll I will be afraid to preorder again. Honestly I loved Cathe because the music was always so Rocken! And the workouts were fun but the music made the workouts that were hard not so dreadful and made it seem like it pushes u. So I don't know what to do if it is like the LIS! All I know Is I was answered from one of the Cathe workers saying all they can say is there isn't any vocals and Cathe would have to explain the music. To me that is not right because that is an important part of the DVDs. They should not leave that out for the last minute. Remember how she asked for opinions on Xtrain music and she even used some of the songs suggestions! How fun was that!

hi girls! got the boys early this morning, so did rwh plyo hiit 1 plus abs 2. that felt tough this morning! last time I did it, it wasn't so bad. today my legs and feet were hurting. that abs 2 is way more challenging to me then abs 1, too. anyway, felt like I got a good sweat in in a short amount of time. took the boys up to the park this afternoon, too. tomorrow and Thursday hopefully I can get a little longer workouts in. thinking about doing PUB and PLB but still undecided.

ladylep-- did you get your other workout in? I don't know that I could do anymore come the evenings! I am fried out! great job on charting your food! I need to do more of that most definitely. guess we are all excited for ICE!

renee-- great job on the workout! you should try one of the scrambled ones when you are short on time-- I really like them both, and it is like having all new workouts! I am with you on the music. I think the reason I am loving all these old cathe workouts so much (that are all new to me!) is the music. especially imax 2, step blast, high step challenge-- all the old ones. well, hopefully it will be like RWH. I cannot stand the music in the LIS, either. TBT is the worst, in my opinion. I think that's why I avoid doing that workout very much. oh well. my fingers are crossed! maybe we will be pleasantly surprised!

better go pick up the mess these boys are making! it's amazing to me how almost every single one of their toys somehow always ends up on the floor!

katie

Yes I did get XTrain CBS rounds 1-5 33 min in last night! This morning I did CLB rounds 1-6 32 min. We have Awana for the kids and date night tonight so I won't be doing another wo. Tomorrow will be a rest day unless I can do something in the evening. But it's my marathon day so I may be too tired to do anything but plan school for the next week.

I also didn't have chips and salsa I had a few chips and guacamole but not many. I did finish my night off with semi sweet chocolate chips. But again not many because I was almost out. So I just finished them.

Today I didn't measure anything but I tried to be good until dinner.
Breakfast- protein shake
Snack- strawberry yogurt
Lunch- left over cod and cauliflower, apple sauce, I think about a cup. But I I did snack in cheese while I was making the kids quesadillas. I'm guessing about 1.25-1.5 oz.
snack- 88% dark chocolate, 3 small squares
Dinner- red pasta (tomato paste, pine nuts, olive oil, basil, parsley, garlic, s&p and pine nuts, romance with homemade balsamic dressing, broccoli with a small amount of butter and hot chicken sausage. But I didn't measure. So the kids take forever. And so I had seconds. The first helping was probably about a cup of everything. But then I had more and I feel stuffed. Ugh.

Katie are you able to do all of the abs when u do it ? I can't yet and not sure how to get to that point to finish without stopping. I hate an work ugh.
Lady Lep you have some good food! Sounds good! I need to come to your house to eat!
Today I did party rocking step 2 I really like that one to! The combos are complicated enough to keep me thinking but not so much I get mad and think I will ever get it! So today I got it all! Every step this time! Yes! So when that happens you can really work it, and sweat up more! And the music on that one is pretty good.
Unfortunately my eating today was not as good as yours lady Lep! Lol I ate BBQ chips! A lot of them ! [emoji20]

hi girls! another day with the boys, but they got here a little bit later, so I got in pyramid UB. I matched all of cathe's weights except was able to go heavier on triceps and back. those biceps exercises really kill me, as do the shoulders and then the pikes on the ball. my upper body is so fried by that point that it is hard to keep good form on the ball in plank like that. also did a little yoga since I had some time. tomorrow will probably have to be a hiit again or something shorter, as it is another early morning. we have had gorgeous weather here, too, which has been nice as we have walked to the park every day and bugsy has been able to play catch/ball which he loves more than anything.

renee-- I am able to do all of the abs, though I don't enjoy it! my core is pretty strong from yoga-- in ashtanga you have to do the boat pose 5x for 5 breaths each as well as levitation holds between each boat post, and the series ends with holding levitation pose for 25 breaths! that really strengthens your core. I really need to get back to doing it more often, as I know I lose strength in certain places and definitely flexibility whenever I don't practice enough. it does get easier over time. I love PRS 2, too! I still screw up a few moves, but that is a fun one that seems to go by quickly and like you said, the music is pretty good, too. my eating has been crummy, too! too many vegan sweets:oops::(.

ladylep-- glad you got your workout in! hope you had a nice date night! sounds like you are in for a busy day today! hope it is going well!

happy Wednesday,

katie

hi girls! short on time again this morning, so did crosstrain express step and intervals. that is a fun workout! really felt pretty easy after doing the imax workouts lately. anyway, I will turn to that one when I don't want something too intense, but still want to feel like I did something. there was more chest work, which felt like a huge no-no after doing PUB yesterday, but I did it anyway. will see if I am super sore tomorrow. it was beautiful outside again here today-- have really been enjoying the weather. I know that won't last long, though! tomorrow it's supposed to rain all day long, so happy that I got bugsy to the park after lunch and then on another long walk just now.

too funny, ladylep! autocorrect does all sorts of weird things!

hope you girls are having a good day!

katie

I was short on time to so I did lift it hit it legs. Love that one but it was hard. I ate bad today and yesterday! Gosh I can feel the fat coming eek
On a good note I am excited we did get the house for sure now! The loan went through

Yay on the house, Renee!! The kids are eating their cookie dough maps of Japan right now and so I'm having some too. [emoji37]. I like LIHI too!

Katie the weather here has been great here too mid 70s and sunny and it looks like 60s this weekend.
XTrain burn sets bis and tris.

Tonight I'm prepping for volleyball tournament all day tomorrow and then Autumn Fest at our church. Big free night for the community with games, cake walk and moon bounces.

One of the coaches is coming over for breakfast at 7 and will take JTrain and CDawg. I don't want to have to be ready and get them there by 7:45! Their first game is 9:20. 3 games then play offs!

X10 low impact this morning. It's all I had time for and I missed the first match and most of the second one. I have a terrible time getting out the door!

Hi girls! Today was pure strength strong legs and abs. I liked the workout! It went by quickly. I wasn't sure what weights to use, but had a 40 lb barbell and used 7 lb dumbbells for light weights and 20 lbs for heavy. I used 10 lbs instead of the body bar for floorwork. My legs were shaky by the end, so I am hoping for some soreness tomorrow.

Renee-- congratulations to you on the house! Woo hoo!

Ladylep-- great job on the workouts. I think you deserved a treat! Sounds like busy days for you!

Have a good night!

Katie

haven't done that one in a long time, renee!

rest day for me and I am grateful. my legs are super sore from yesterday! guess that workout did the trick! :). not sure what I will do tomorrow. was thinking of something long and intense, but also have a concert tonight to go to (alec and imala are playing with the symphony orchestra) and then my niece is having her annual Halloween party which we may or may not make it to. I like to go to bed earlier and be in my pjs by 9:00, so will see if this old lady makes it out there or not! :p

hope you girls are having a nice Saturday!

katie

hi girls! me again! today for me was the viper. such an intense workout! my left knee feels tweaked now, though:(. hoping it feels better tomorrow, or my plan of a kickboxing workout will be out the window. I am tired today. we went to the concert last night, hurried home, changed into costumes, and went to my niece's party. I couldn't fall asleep and was very restless last night for whatever reason. tonight, we may be going to a haunted house, but I am still not sure if it's a go for sure. anyway, I hope you girls are having a nice sunday! the weekend went by too quickly! wishing we had an extra day before Monday!

katie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.