SUPERNATURAL fans speak up!

angie_nrs

Cathlete
......so that I know I am not alone.;) I LOVE this show and I'm so bummed out by the fact that there will be no episode this week.:( So, ya know what I did? I went and bought all 4 seasons. *lol* I became a die hard fan just last year and I don't think I've seen any of the season 1-3 episodes, so now I am in my glory. I just watched the pilot today for the first time. Wow! Those boys sure are young (compared to season 4 - especially Dean/Jensen)....and oh so hunky!!! The Fed-Ex man brought the package this morning and I was jumping up and down like an idiot. DH probably thought I had finally lost it. It was hell dragging myself to work. I could've just sat in front of the TV all day long.

I just wish it wasn't on at the same time as Fringe. I think I would really like that show too but haven't been able to watch it due to the schedule conflict. I really need to invest in a DVR.:rolleyes:

I haven't been this involved in a show since X-files and then Invasion (which got cancelled way too early.):( I do love me some good Sci Fi.

So, anyone else out in Catheland watch this show or is it just me and a bunch of teenagers?

Angie

I've watched it from the beginning (but I didn't really get into it until last year, after I had an erotic dream about "Sam"--funny how the show suddenly became more interesting after that, LOL!. Though lately, he's been looking a bit disproportionate: someone who works his upper body a lot, but doesn't do much on lower body. Looking a bit like some unneutered male cats I've seen!).

I also watched Invasion (and a couple of other sci-fi/thriller/fantasy shows around that same season that didn't last. I was really PO'd when the shows I had started getting into suddenly were cancelled (IMO, networks don't give shows much of a chance anymore, and/or viewers don't have the patience to let a story unfold. If Seinfeld were just starting out now, I'm wondering if it would make it (it didn't do well in ratings its first year)

I just wish it wasn't on at the same time as Fringe. I think I would really like that show too but haven't been able to watch it due to the schedule conflict.
YOu can watch Fringe online, either on Fox online or at www.hulu.com . That's what I do (since I watch Supernatural in real time, and tape--I still have a VCR!---another show at that same time).

I've watched it from the beginning and my favorite thing is when Dean introduces him and Sam as some rock legend name. Like one time I remember him saying, "I'm detective Geddy and this is Detective Lee" - LMAO! I just love when they do that. Last week I think they referenced some guys in Journey.

Anyways, I'm a little bummed by the turn they took with this angel/demon thing. I liked it better when it was vampires and spirits. I'm not too fond of this season so far, but I am glad Sam and Dean are back together.

This is my favorite show!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I've watched it from day 1 and have all the seasons on DVD. Dean cracks me up! I love the episode where Sam is stuck in the time loop and he wakes up each day to an 80's songs and Dean is dancing. GREAT SHOW!!!!! They definitely aren't hard on the eyes either.....have had a few dreams myself! :eek:

Debbie - the fake names they use are hilarious.....and always do seem to be rock star related. In the pilot when he was sitting in jail, he insisted to the sheriff that his name was Ted Nugent.:D And in the episode when Dean went back in time to meet his dad, he introduced himself as Dean VanHalen. I'm thinking there was also a Joe Perry and Steven Tyler one as well. *lol* They do also play some awesome music too. I think the show has just the right mix of humor, spooky, drama, and hotties.

Kathryn - A dream about Sam huh? Ya, that'll definitely make things more intriguing. I see that they have been showing more upper back pics of Sam - but not many lower back pics.....dern it all.:p They need to start panning the camera southward.:eek: Ya know, just to see if maybe he needs some more lower body work.
I also wish the networks would give some shows a bit more play time before ditching them. I was irked with Invasion b/c they had a good thing going and then it was just over....no closure at all. I also liked Surface and that suffered the same fate as well.:(
Ah, thanks for the hulu suggestion. I forgot all about that.

Heather - see....you're not alone either!;) LOL!

As far as the storyline - it does seem to be getting pretty intense. Although, I can't think of anything much more intense than the apocalypse. I love the character of Cass. You just never know what he's gonna do. I think season 5 was supposed to be the end of it, but I suppose if ratings stay strong they will go with another storyline? Anyone heard anything about that? What on earth could they come up with after the threat of the apocalypse? I'm sad to think this may be the final season.....but at least, there would be closure.

Angie

Hey Kim - Your post snuck in on me - got interrupted with a phone call - I'm not really the slowest typer in the world.:confused: But close.
Yah! Another fan! That show sounds hilarious. Can't wait until I see it - any idea what season it was?
It is fun to watch at night - hense a few dreams myself as well, but when it's a spooky episode I find it kinda hard to get to sleep.:rolleyes:

I love the episode where Sam is stuck in the time loop and he wakes up each day to an 80's songs and Dean is dancing. GREAT SHOW!!!!!

I love the way the show mixes some of these more humorous shows in with the more serious ones, and how they made Dean dying every day funny!

I know!!!! My favorite one was where Sam and Dean were eating and Dean says "do these taste funny to you?" It's in season 3. The name of the episode is "The Mystery Spot." Check it out....hilarious!

Last edited:
Some of the throw back references they use - makes you wonder if the younger generation watching really "gets" it???? I think it's absolutely hilarious. They can keep that sense of humor even when the episode is more serious or dark. There are always little quips snuck in here or there. Oh, and they are definitely easy on the eyes aren't they! ;)

Heather

Some of the throw back references they use - makes you wonder if the younger generation watching really "gets" it????
I wonder as well. Especially when they make references to things that perhaps those of us 40 or over get right away. I'm pretty sure a lot of my student (college age) are not really up on things that existed before 1980 (if that!).

Say it aint so!

Please someone tell me that I didn't hear this right........All new episodes resume January 21st?!?!?!?:eek: Argggg! How can they do that after last night's episode?? We have to wait 2 months?? Talk about a cliffhanger.........

And last week's episode with Sam's commercial........LOL! Toooo funny.:D

BTW - saw the Mystery Spot episode - very entertaining. Just love this show!

Angie

Yup, we've got a loooong wait ahead of us!

It used to be shows took a hiatus Thanksgiving week and Christmas week. Nowdays, it seems like many of them take a break between the week before Thanksgiving and the week after New Years.

That was a pretty intense episode, wasn't it?

Is this the last year of the show? It seems like they're killin off (or maiming) quite a few of the supporting characters!

Glad you liked the Mystery Spot episode: a great example of black humor.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.