STS Push Pull Tower

elsie3

Cathlete
I don't have STS Strength, but I can see the advantage of having this tower.

I'm having trouble finding a pull-up bar to fit a 47" wide doorway with no door frame. And I doubt I can do even one pullup--so being able to do supine pullups would be a huge benefit. But will I eventually need a traditional pullup bar anyway?

What about pushups? I'm assuming the tower would make them easier, given the angle. Is that the case, or would it just allow a greater range of motion.

I'm not sure I need the tower for bench presses, as I don't have STS strength. And I can barely handle the weight Cathe uses on her other workouts as it is--meaning I don't have trouble getting the bar into position, just completing all the reps with good form.

Did I read correctly that I can use my 20% coupon from my STS cardio preorder?
"The Fitness by Cathe STS - Push/Pull Tower presale price is $129.99 +s/h. You may also use any coupons you currently have for Shop Cathe and enjoy additional savings when ordering."

Will the tower be more money later? I wonder what how much shipping is.

Aaarrrrgggghhhhh! Would all these preorders stop happening? Temptation is so hard.

Elsie

Yes, you can use your 20% coupon from STS Cardio. It pretty much pays for shipping. :)

I don't think you'll need a traditional pull up bar eventually. Cathe does regular pull ups from a cross-legged position (Indian style, for lack of a better description) in STS, and I would imagine those are just as hard as having your body hang completely vertical (legs hanging straight down). She's still hauling her full body weight.

I've been doing push ups on an angle for a few weeks now, and it has really helped me advance from knees to toes. I started with the arm of my couch and am now using my step with 4 risers. I use this version for STS, where Cathe has us doing over 100 push ups throughout the hour. (I thought I counted them at 141, but I'm not sure now. Maybe I was delirious. :p )

I can't do regular, on-the-floor push ups on my toes for the full hour, BUT I can knock out 10 good ones, and that's a first for me.

In your case, I'd would only suggest ordering the Tower if you wanted to do pull ups. You don't need the Tower to do push ups on an angle if you have a step and risers.

Thanks Lori. Your post is very helpful.

I would like the tower more than installing a pullup bar in my doorway--even if I could find a bar wide enough to fit. I've done incline pushups using the step, but I would really like to have my hands wider (unless I'm doing tricep pushups, of course). In GS Chest & Tri, I can only do the first 16 on my toes and have to finish the rest of the sets on my knees. I'd be more than delirious anywhere over 100!

Kind of expensive just for pullups and pushups. Still debating. It's not like my husband isn't going to notice this new piece of exercise equipment.;):eek:

FYI: Shipping charges..

to MD for UPS regular ground were $17.31. I think 2 Day Air was $38 or so & Next Day Air was a whopping $65!

From Jersey to MD usually only takes a few days anyway, so I opted for the cheapest way. Along with my 20% off it was $121!
(hopefully it's coming from NJ like other stuff! not sure now that i'm typing this...)

Does anyone have P90x and think the push-pull tower would work for the endless pull ups in that program? I don't have STS (yet!), but pre-ordered the sts cardio, and think I may use my 20% coupon for this.

I don't have a lot of headroom in my basement so I've never gotten one of the bars you attach to the doorframe.

Does anyone have P90x and think the push-pull tower would work for the endless pull ups in that program? I don't have STS (yet!), but pre-ordered the sts cardio, and think I may use my 20% coupon for this.

I don't have a lot of headroom in my basement so I've never gotten one of the bars you attach to the doorframe.

I think it's perfect for P90X! I wish i had it when i was doing that program.

I would love to get this but it's just to expensive to ship even with the 20% discount. The shipping USPS to Anchorage, Alaska is $80!!!! :eek::eek::eek:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.