STS January Check In - Welcome All!

I was supposed to do Afterburn yesterday - but I've done it too often recently, so I did Pyramid Lower Body. I was a bit light on the weights (I did just over what Cathe did) - but I really enjoyed it. Quite a cardio kick in there.

Today is Upper Body Trisets, then I'm all done with the LIS. On to 4DS
xx

This morning I did URX-MT Keli Roberts Poly Performance Plyometric Circuits, 51 minutes., 368 calories. I then did Cathe's Butts and Guts bonus stability ball abs, 16 minutes, 58 calories,. and finished with Les Mills Combat stretch and strengthen, 18 minutes. 61 calories.
Total times was 85 minutes, calories burned 487.
No workouts for a few days. We went out of state to be with my Dad. He fell when he was sick and hit his head and is in a coma. They did surgery on Tuesday night.

Today I did Gym Styles Chest and Triceps, 48 minutes, 244 calories. I then did URX-MT Greg Sims Cardio Yogic Intervals, 51 minutes, 494 calories. I forgot all of the arm work and I sort of remember the push ups but I didn't remember all of them being right at the start for the warm up. Ouch after all of the Gym Style push ups. He had so many lost count. It seems it was 18 on knees, 18 regular, 18 kneeling with a push off the rebounder, 18 push off with punches, then side to side push ups with one hand on the floor and one on the rebounder, then side to side with an opposite leg raise, then regular push ups knees again, straight leg regular, and push offs. No breaks. I bet my arms and chest feel todays workout.
Total time was 99 minutes and calories burned 738.

Diane - so sorry to hear about your dad. I'm sending positive thoughts x

Push ups are guaranteed to cause me doms!

I had a wedding weekend, with people staying with me etc, so apart from a very long walk, I haven't done much. I started my 4DS month today - the bootcamp one. My biceps were pumped :p
I need to get back on it. I'm planning 4 days of 4DS in a row, then a legs day (plyo-type legs), then a full body Strength day, then a day off. I've no idea how that will work????

XX

Today I did X train all out low impact hit with core 1, 50 minutes, 358 calories. I then did Cross train low impact tabata bonus twice and bonus core, 19 minutes, 139 calories. I then did Gym Style shoulders, 11 minutes, 68 calories and finished off with 9 minutes from Yoga Shatki, I kept getting calls about my Dad so gave up any more yoga. Total workout time was 89 minutes and calories 593. I may do the standing portion of Gym Style legs tomorrow and the URX-MT Greg Sims workout that is more lower emphasis. I remember my legs were always on fire with some of the endurance in it. I will do the floor work later in the week.

Justine, I sometimes have a plan and find myself having to tweak it a bit. Are you doing the entire 4 Day Split workout with the cardio? I find that it is hard when I have company staying to get much of a workout in if any. Plus, I like to enjoy time with them.

Today I did Gym Styles Legs stopping after the stability ball tibialis pulls, 40 minutes, 207 calories. I then did URX-MT Greg Sims Cardio Metabolic circuit which is mainly lower and core work with cardio, 49 minutes, 359 calories. I finished with Z Cut power yoga series 1, crescent and cool down, 11 minutes, 54 calories. Total time was 1h 40m, calories, 620.

Today I did Les Mills Combat Ultimate Warrior, 53 minutes, 390 calories. I then did X Train Hard Strikes Heavy Bag 13 minutes, 10 calories, I followed with Lauren Brooks Ultimate Body Sculpting and Conditioning with Kettle bells 2 finisher, abs, and cooldown, 22 minutes, 138 calories. I finished off with AOS Empire state mobility 11 minutes, 47 calories. Total time was 99 minutes and calories burned 683.

Hi Diane - yes I'm doing the cardio part of 4DS as well as the weights. I must say, though, that I don't find the cardio very strenuous. Loving the different moves for the weights though.
Today I did Cardio Leg Blast. My favourite.
I'm going to try KCM's LIFT later. I'm really looking forward to it.

Take care
x

Today we are doing our family Easter celebration plus loading and moving things :) I did Kelly Coffey Trim Down both workouts (My knees love this one because there is very little jumping) 58 minutes, 465 calories.
I have had some knee pain with this moving the last few days. It is upsetting.

Justine, I know the cardios are not as intense as some but they are good. Really we do not have to push constantly. I think that is why injuries happen. I think that you will like Lift. It has a good quick premix too that can be added to something else. Basically everything that was built up to put together.

This morning I did Gym Style Chest and Triceps, 48 minutes, 200 calories. I then did Party Rockin Step 2, 53 minutes, 490 calories. Total time 1 hr 41 minutes and calories burned 690.

Bit out of synch, as I've had to have my favourite dog put down - the one I did REALLY long walks with, so routine all over the place. Making me feel rather low.
4DS low intensity step yesterday. Today 4DS kickbox + Imax2 parts 1-5.

Can't decide whether to bother with the new video streaming - would require altering my set up quite a bit (no internet connection in the room I work out in). :confused:

No workouts Saturday and Sunday. We were moving things and travelling. This morning I did X Train All Out Low Impact Hiit floor and disc cardio and followed it with X Train Super Cuts with Core #1. Workout was 85 minutes, 570 calories. I got in 3 weeks of Gym Styles but haven't come up with a way to do it here at my daughter's house yet due to space. I will have o think on it so I am just doing what I can. We have to make the trip back to the home area to close on the house THursday morning so that day will be out.

Justine, I am so sorry that you had to have your dog put own. That is rough. Good job getting in 4 Day Split. I wonder if I could do that one in my space. If I recall it mainly uses the high step?? I have my stability balls here but if I air them up I don't know where I would store them.

I've decided to add more yoga over the next month - although I did the Ultimate Yogi a little while ago and loved it, I've been rather naughty and not done any of late. My dog walks are now only half an hour a day :( so I'm going to make
up with half an hour of yoga.

I'm onto week 2 of 4DS - I really love the weight parts, and the boot camp. The other cardio bits I find OK, but not Cathe's best. I managed Low Intensity step + Intensity the other day! That winded me!!! I'm doing the 4DS consecutively and then 1 day of MWT and 1 day of Total Body weights. Boy am I bulking. The 2 weeks of STS Cardio will sort that out, though.

Diane - great news that you've sold your house - it seemed quite quick. Have you decided on somewhere to buy or build next? Good on you for working out during so much distruption.

Seems like there are just the 2 of us checking in. :eek: If you check in somewhere else, I won't be offended if you want to drop this one. ;)

Today I used the Tread Climber for 32 minutes, 337 calories, max HR 164. I then did X Train Burn Sets, Triceps, Back, Shoulders, and Stretch 45 minutes, 234 calories. I had to adjust a few moves because I did not have a step or substitute. I just did standing reverse flies and bench stuff was on the floor. I need to pull my bench out of storage or air up a stability ball (which takes up space) to do the incline work on biceps. I am trying to figure out how to get in everything. I even sort of thought of Chalean Extreme because it uses pretty much the select tech weights and tubing.

Justine, we haven't made the decision yet where to build or move to yet. I need to go look at the equipment and exercises in 4 Day Split. I haven't had a lot of time to work it all out yet. Nice work. I am sure the Shock cardio will lean it all out nicely. I sort of felt like I chased everyone off the check in here. I check in on the Hardcore check in. I have been there since the beginning. There are only 3 of us that check in regularly and if you would like we would love to have you there.

Today I did Lean Legs and Abs with the bonus and Great Glutes standing and disc segments, 86 minutes, 406 calories. Heading out of town overnight so no workout tomorrow.

Funny that you should say you thought yo chased everyone off - I thought I had!!!

I'd love to check in on the hardcore thread. I'll introduce myself over the next couple of days, if that's OK.

Yesterday I did 4DS High Intensity Step + Rockout Knockout. Today just 4DS Low Intensity. Plus quite a lot of yoga - - I subscribe to YogaWorks, and so do on-line workouts.

xx

Justine , I know the ladies will love having you check in. We used to have quite a few but a lot dropped out. I doubt you chased them off. They were there till I started checking in. I need to try to find some time to work in a little more yoga. Right now my time is sort of limited and I feel just getting in something is good. I am sure I will get it worked out when things settle.

Today I did 4 Day Split biceps and Triceps and Party Rockin Step timesaver workouts 1&2. A little over an hour. I did not have a lot of time today. I had to substitute a bit because I did not have the stability ball aired up and had only put 4 step risers in the house.

This morning I did w/u and disc from All out low impact hiit,11 minutes, then I did X train Hard Strikes timesaver no conditioning, 35 minutes. I then did X train Core 2 11 minutes. I finished with 4 Day Split legs and core with stretch, 42 minutes. Time was 1 hr 40 minutes and calories burned 675. I am having to make adjustments with 4 Day Split so I may do something else next week. I have only 4 risers that I can find right now. I just went to storage and found my high step topper. I used two risers on each end and the bench and did the leg press more like Cathe does it in Muscle Max. I have no clue where my ankle weights are so I used the blue firewalker band on the step for the outer leg raises.

Wow Diane - you're so dedicated, working around all the restrictions

I've finished my 4DS month. I think I'll call time on the body building until after the Summer. On to a week of cardio and then MWT for me.

I AM going to introduce myself to the other check-in. I'm just being a reticent Brit ;)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.