STS first time!

Marie, you certainly deserve more sleep! 33 hrs in one weekend! How on earth did you get up after such a work fest?? You are AMAZING! Good thing you're young!:D
I did Boot Camp, an OBG (oldie but goodie:D).

Work phones were icky but I managed to leave at 2. Yay for small victories. However. The traffic at 2:30 was already a nightmare!
Ds1 had wisdom teeth removed early this morning. No fun. At least it's over and he's on the road to recovery.
It started showering briefly this afternoon, but it wasn't too cold.

Marie, I should have done AT because I've been pulling out BC too often.

Good morning! Where IS everyone?? So sadly quiet lately.
I don't have to work today, yay! But. I'm running to Boston for a haircut.
Carolyn, we posted at the same time yesterday! Please cheer up.
Has anyone printed the RWH pdf yet? I'm still waiting for any more errors to be caught.
It is to be a rainy week.

Hi Betty- I'm here :) Enjoy your haircut today! Yay for no work :) I have not printed it and probably won't. I can never stick to a rotation.

Carolyn- Hope your haddock was good. I'm so bad at cooking meat of any kind. I always overdo it. Side dishes yes! Tony does the meat.

Jean- Love spaghetti squash. I have a couple acorn squash right now that my MIL gave me. Not sure what I'm doing with them yet.

Missy- Hope you're feeling better. Tim too!

I did Imax 3 this morning. What an awesome cardio workout! It had been awhile since I busted that bad girl out.

B is still snoozing so I'm enjoying a cup of Starbucks French Roast. MY FAV!!!!!!!! We always get the big bag at Costco.

We have a funeral today. Tony's grandma's sister. She was young. Only 68. She had Alzheimer's. Very sad! She was such a nice lady. We went to the wake last night. It was nice to see all the extended family but hard under those circumstances, especially so near Christmas. It was open casket. It was the first time B had been to a wake/funeral and I didn't really want him to come up with when we paid respects to her so I asked an aunty to watch him. She was totally fine with it but mentioned how the daughter of the woman who passed away brought her 1 year old daughter up to see her and just told her she was sleeping. B was already in a different situation with all these people he doesn't know coming up to him and then to expose him to someone "sleeping" in the room. I don't know, I just know he could be forming memories. It was the little girl's grandma so if that was the case I may be thinking differently. Not to mention she is only 1 and probably won't be remembering it. Maybe I should have brought him to see her. Ok sorry I'm rambling. I just hope I'm not sheltering him or something. Eek! Ok done...just had to get it out.

We are also doing some last minute Christmas shopping today. We are sooooo late minute with it. The stores are going to be insane. My nieces just told me last night that they want money so that makes it a bit easier. Teenagers haha! They are 13 and 14.

Have a good day everyone! I can't believe the little dude still isn't up! It's 8:30 here.

Hiya. No traffic when I take public transportation:D. And I didn't come across huge crowds in Downtown Boston, even though it's a couple of days before Xmas.
I for one can't wait for this time of year to be over. Sorry, Jean. And Missy. And everyone else.
I am feelingless too.

Marie, I totally have those agonizing decisions on funerals too. I personally think B is too young to be there, but then there's the other side that feels seeing kids livens the gloominess of the occasion.
I was miffed at Costco yesterday--they ran out of ribs. Now there were some huge crowds:-/

It's 3 pm and nearly dark. So raw and wet out. How depressing.

Carolyn, how's ds feeling now? Hopefully it passes quickly--it might be ok by Christmas morning. It's mild so the rink can't freeze this week, but a skating party sounds so fun!
Second visit to Costco today and still no ribs:mad::mad::mad:.
I'm tired.

Hiho. Didn't get to sleep late like everyone else:confused:
I did FT. Been doing that one too often too. How uncreative of me with so many to choose from.
Wet and dark out.
Someone please check in!
Happy Christmas Eve!

Hi everyone, I got out at 1:30--so excited. Came home to a flurry of cleaning. Just taking a tiny break waiting for floor to dry.
I can't believe it's almost Christmas either. I barely have any decorations up.
I need to turn on the radio station that only plays instrumental Xmas music.
I had planned to bring ribs for my bro's Friday evening, AND for here when dh's family comes over Saturday.
Merry Christmas, everyone! Xoxo

Hello!

I caught my daughter's bug and was so sick yesterday I never even got out of bed. Making up for it today, getting food ready and running around. Can't believe Christmas is here.

Merry Christmas everyone!

Hello friends.....just a quick check in.....

I have not exercised in weeks.....none....zero....omg....

I am now getting over the cough....but I can't sleep at night due to massive chest and upper stomach burning....Dr told me to try nexium and see what happens.... I have to sit in the recliner as I can't lay down or the burning doubles.... all I know is I have never felt so sick in my life....praying I feel better quickly!!!!!

Hope everyone has a merry Christmas!!!!

Carolyn, don't catch ds' bug! Merry Christmas!
Oh, forgot! Watched MC Jr. the other night. I can't believe Logan won! I wanted him to. Did you? How amazing are those kids! I really loved the two little girls, Oona and Abby! Esp Abby.

Merry Christmas!!! The sun came out here too! Shocking! It's also windy here, but over 50 degrees.
My exercise was making and eating a huge brunch. Now I'll prep a split pea and ham for the slow cooker.
It is about non-Christmasy here as you can imagine. No signs of gifts (don't need anything). Only some decorations, and a brief Merry Christmas to one another.:D No plans for today either except for binge-watching tv shows.
Enjoy your day with your families!

Merry Christmas from the mom baby unit! Working today and worked yesterday too. Someone needs to take care of the patients haha! It's my holiday to do so. Last night after work we went to my MIL's. Very nice celebration. Today after work I'm meeting everyone at dh's aunt and uncle's house. It started at 11 and I won't be there til around 5 so I'll miss all the opening of presents and food. There will be leftovers, but gross! The celebration will continue into the evening but I'm sure most will be drunk. That side loves to drink. Not my style!

Thanks for the opinions on the funeral. I'm a "feeling" person for sure. I get all emotional at funerals even if I don't really know the person too well. I think about how their kids and spouse feels and it just kills me. The woman's youngest daughter is my age. I couldn't even inagine!

Missy and Mary- Feel better!

Carolyn- Hope ds is feeling better so you can celebrate today.

Jean and Betty- I envy your no plans today. That will be us tomorrow. Just a simple celebration with ds, dh and I. My mom will come into town that evening. Sat we go to my MIL's again and then his grandparents. I love my family but this whole running around with a million plans is not my style. I love my routine of early morning workouts, toddler classes, swimming lessons and storytimes.

Just finished a chicken burger (no bun- I'd rather save my calories for sweet treats tonight) and a slice of basil cheddar cheese :) Trying to avoid the food that everyone brought in today. Luckily I'm grossed out by homemade food. You never know what people's kitchens look like.

Ok that's it for now :) Have a great day everyone :)

Marie, you're so funny! Kitchens and patients.
I'm with you on just staying home, the 4 of us. Could do without the in-laws side altogether. So don't enjoy it. Oh, did I say that out loud??

Merry Christmas!!!

Carolyn...I hope your son is feeling better!!!

Marie..u are too funny...but I am the same way...I do not eat food prepared in anyone's kitchen....I am funny about that....because you never know....lol....hope Santa brought little b everything he wanted!

Tim and I have been lounging all day...he is feeling a little better today....yeah!!! I am still battling this indigestion....I think it may be a side effect from the prednisone which I only took for 3 days...every time I eat...I get very sick...I did try to walk today on the treadmill...which caused major tummy pains (gas pains)

Santa was nice to me....he brought me a new tablet, since mine had a crack in it from everyday usage.....my new one has a bigger screen. Yeah!!!! Tim also got me a pair of shoes, a pair of workout capris, workout tank, and strong fitness magazine subscription. Love love love my husband!!!!

The best gift of all was I was able to sleep last night.....first night in a while I was not up all night.

Sorry to complain...but I have to complain somewhere....lol

BTW...last weekend....my deer friend which is also my chiropractor was in a terrible head on collision.....he is okay....he was just moved from ICU to reg floor today....he had to have major surgery on his leg. His little girl was hurt too, broken leg, collar bones and pelvis. But she is okay. Thank god they are okay... please be careful on the roads...its very dangerous!

Rest is on my agenda this weekend!!!! I will try again to do some walking tomorrow and see how I do.....fingers crossed for sure!!!!

Enjoy the last few hours of Christmas!!!! Nite nite my fit friends!

Last edited:
Missy, sounds like you're on the path to recovery. Tim too! Phew. Keep up the rest with slight exercise.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.