STS BODYROCKERS MONTH OF MARCH

wiggie

Cathlete
Good morning!!

Thursday's workout was the original BodyMax.:eek: Good workout, long but good. I preordered this morning, really excited about!!:D:

Wendy: Sorry you had to miss your intern appt, :( hopefully you won't have any trouble rescheduling. I have never done the TF weight work. I will have to check it out. I love Cathe for weights so much that most of the time I use her. Congrats on all the good things coming your way career wise, you certainly deserve it!! :)

Have a great day!! Bailee is coming this weekend, so unless she takes a nap(unlikely):p, I will talk to you Monday, have a wonderful weekend!!

I'm back to say that Vertical Plyo did not kill me but it came close! :eek::p I enjoyed the work out though...as painful as it may have been! ;)

So I got called into a meeting with the big manager I talked to y'day and the accounting person early this morning. I am going to start training with her this afternoon! I will split my time between the 2 attorneys I was originally hired to work for and her. Should keep it interesting for sure! As time goes on they will decide if any additional duty changes, etc need to be made.

Tmrw afternoon (after my hair appointment-getting my totally overgrown roots taken care of!-and lunch!) I am going to the gym to intern for a bit. I'm hoping he still plans on a work out b/c I won't have time to do one on my own AND intern tmrw b/c we are headed to the bowling alley after dinner tmrw night. My schedule is off the wall this weekend! On Sunday we are crazy busy too! :eek:

Wiggie:: I posted in the Feb thread this morning as well! Didn't realize it was March 1st until well after I got into work so don't feel bad! :rolleyes: Yes, the original BM sure is long! Nice goin'!!!! I preordered as well! :)

Katie:: OMG we could be sisters! You are feeling the same way about the FBI thing that I am feeling about the PT thing! I think this calls for a group hug and a 6 pack of beer to drown our sorrows! ;):p:D LOL But seriously, maybe we can help eachother through the self-doubt along the way! Wow-a year is a long time! What takes so long??? Is it alot of waiting or alot of steps to applying or what? I'm sure they do a background check like no other which must take a while, huh? :eek:

Guess that's all for now.
BBL!:cool:

Happy Saturday!!:cool:

Yesterday's workout was Fire 55 EZ. Love that one, my daughter did sme of it with me. She doesn't like long workouts.:rolleyes:

Wendy: Have fun this weekend, you certainly have a lot planned!!:eek: Sounds like you will be busy at work also.;) Hey, that's job security right?:p I have full confidence that you & Katie will excel at whatever paths you choose to follow.:)

Bailee is playing right now, so I had a minute to chat, talk to you later! :D

Fly by to say I did A2 Upper Body Elite and XT Burn Sets for back.

Out to dinner now then going to bowling alley.

Bbt! :)

Good morning!!

I hope you gals had a fun, relaxing weekend. Mine flew by way to fast. :( Saturday's workout was STS Disc 34 (chest/back). Sunday I was tired (I stayed up way to late on Saturday night) so I did Yoga Relax. And this morning I did STS Disc 35 (plyo legs). I swear of all the plyo leg workouts that one is the hardest. :D Only one STS workout left! Woohoo!!

Wendy: I'll take you up on the beer offer! Sounds like fun. :p;) That's one thing I love about the Cathe forums and this check-in in particular. Not only does it keep me accountable but you gals are excellent motivators and arean inspiration to me. :) Thanks for that! Wow, you DID have a crazy busy weekend. Not very relaxing, but filled with fun. Congrats again on the job situation! It sounds very exciting? Did a raise come along with the extra duties? ;)

Wiggie: How was your weekend with Bailee? I bet you all had a blast! Do you get to see her often? High five on completing Fire 55 EZ. Working out with another person is so much fun. :) YAY on the preorder. I need to do that, eventually, lol!! I know i'm going to, so I don't know why i'm waiting. :rolleyes::eek:

Good Afternoon Ladies. :)

Yesterday was a rest day for me and this morning was an all out attack on the glutes with XT 100 rep hip thruster challenge with a 30# bb, the ankle weight segment of BBL High and Tight and 4 intervals of After Burn. I am bound and determined to make them DOMS!!!!! ;)

Well, my intern apptment fell through yet again on saturday. The meeting he had to go to took all afternoon and then I was busy. Oh well. Hoping to meet atleast twice if not three times this week. The following two weeks will be slow on the internship front b/c of my upcoming Vegas trip!:D

Katie:: Awesome job on your STS work outs! :D You are almost done with the STS rotation! How many times will this make that you've done it?? ITA, I've always loved the Cathe forum check ins for the motivation and support that they provide. :) There hasn't been any talk of a raise but I am on a 90 day probation as a new hire so I doubt I could get one now anyway. My hope is to get a bump within the first 6 months but IDK what the policy is. All they said when I was hired is that they do raises on a yearly basis...

Wiggie:: Nice job on TF 55 EZ! If your DD doesn't like like work outs, why not point her in the direction of Zuzanna and Body Rock? :) Thank you so much for the vote of confidence! I hope you are right! :)

That's all for now...BBL or tmrw!:cool:

Hi ladies!

STS is officially complete! YAY!!! I love that program, but i'm so ready to be done with it. I've decided to not do any sort of scheduled rotation for the next 3 weeks. I'm just going to focus on cardio, circuits, and full body workouts. Time to slim down for spring! :) I think i'll take an official recovery week when i'm in Texas at the end of the month. After that, i'm going to start a FBI PT training program that comes highly recommend. It looks bloody tough. Here's hoping I survive! :eek:

Question - since no one is doing STS, should we change our checkin name? Maybe to Cathe BodyRockers? Or Elite BodyRockers? or Kick Azz BodyRockers? I dunno. Creativity isn't my strong suit. :) Just a thought, of course!

Wendy: How are yours glutes feeling??? Sore and DOMS galore I hope! ;) Oh BOO on your intern appointment not working out again. That's frustrating i'm sure. When is your Vegas trip again? That's sooooo exciting! Win big money now. :p;) This way my third STS rotation. I really do like the program and i've gotten a wee bit stronger every time. I'm sure i'll be doing it again next fall/winter.

Wiggie: What do you have on tap for today??

Hello Ladies. :)

This morning I did Combat:: Lower Body Lean Out and Stretch & Strength with GLUTE DOMS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yeah! FINALLY!!!!!!:rolleyes:

Training in the accounting department is going very well. I enjoy the work and she seems to be quite happy with my performance thus far. :)

I am interning tonight for a bit but no work out b/c he is training someone so I'll be observing instead.

So I ordered the WEN haircare system started using it over the weekend. OMG! Can I just tell you that I LOVE this stuff!?!? It is expensive but so so soooo awesome! I am hooked after just 3-4 days of using it! :D

Katie:: Nobody is Body Rockin' either so maybe we should change the name to something more general like....The Work Out Goddess Check In!...LMAO! :p Congrats on finishing STS for the third time! You rock! Have you ever done the 6 month version?? So what's this FBI PT Training Program entail? How long is it? We leave for Vegas next Thursday the 14th and come home on Tuesday the 19th. I am going to be exhausted on Wednesday but I can't take off from work another day so I'll just have to suck it up! :eek: I'm just thankful I can go!

That's all for now...
BBL or tmrw though!:cool:

Hello Ladies!!

Sorry about being MIA but my work computer is kicking me out again when I try to pull up this site.:mad: Sunday's workout was Fire 30 & Monday's was S90's Cardio Challenge & Stretch 40 from TF. I'm thinking about doing Jari Love's Slim & Lean tonight.

Katie: Congrats on completing STS!! I agree with you that we should change the name of our thread. I don't know what we should change it to though.:confused: Well we can think about it this month & maybe change it for April. Be sure to tell us all about your training program, if it's not too hard I'll join you!:p :D

Wendy: It's important to observe also, you can check out his style, it may help you to develop your own. I'm sure you will be great at this, I just feel it!! So your romantic holiday is next week, I'm so excited!! Goiing to Vegas to renew your vows, what a great love story!! This our month for travel, your trip, Katie's going to Texas,& I have a EMS conference in Myrtle Beach the week of the 18th. Congrats on glute DOMS,:D I know you love that! DD likes TF, she even bought it after doing with me, she just prefers the shorter ones! :p I've heard good things about Wen, but the price tag kept me from trying it.:eek:

Last edited:
Hello!:)

So had I mentioned to you ladies that I received an email from a training facility in my area inviting me to interview for a chance to intern and hopefully work for them? Yup! They got my name from WITS! So I emailed the guy and he called me while I was at work today. I called him back tonight but had to leave a msg. The hope is to be able to make it there this week for an interview...Fingers crossed!

In the mean time I went and interned at the gym I've been working with tonight. I observed him training someone. It was the same client as last time, different exercises. Scarey alert-he wants me to try training this client the next time he comes in which is...THURSDAY!!!:eek::eek::eek: I will also go back tmrw night. He's not training anyone as far as I know so there might be more role-playing in the cards for me! UGH! :confused::p I hate it but I know I need it. :rolleyes: Maybe I should txt him tmrw and tell him I want to role-play Thursday's training session! :eek:

Ok, I'm done babbling about that...sorry...I get carried away sometimes!:rolleyes:

Wiggie:: Hey, everyone's pc goes kablooey sometimes. LOL No need for apologies! :p Nice work outs! Oooh Myrtle Beach! That sounds pretty romantic too ya know! ;);) Hey nothin' wrong with a little TF HiiT love comin' your DD's way! :D Some people just aren't into the 60 min thing and I am a firm believer that it's not a necessity to get in shape so long as you push as hard as you can every time you work out! :) TY for the vote of confidence re: training. :) Why do I feel like I'm going to blow it then? UGH. :eek:

Guess that's all for now...I need to think seriously about hitting the bed...4:30am comes fast. I have no idea what I want to do tmrw morning either! :confused: Kinda depends on what hurts! LOL :p

K, off to bed with me!
BBT!:cool:

...I need to think seriously about hitting the bed...4:30am comes fast.

UGH. 4:30 came faster then I even thought that it would. I didn't work out. Slept in instead...kept hitting the snooze button for a solid hour!!!!:rolleyes:

Hello!!

I'm relaxing at home today. The boss called a snow day. Yay! It would have been even better if he had called it before I got up at 5:20 am, worked out, and showered. But that's okay, i'll take what I can get. ;) Speaking of working out, I intended to do an intense cardio workout today. But man muscles are just worn out from STS. That's my #1 complaint about STS - the lack of a 3-5 minute, muscle specific stretch at the end of each workout. The extended stretch is nice, but after a 60+ workout I usually don't have time to do a 15+ extended stretch. Anyway, the point of this rambling is simply to say that I decided against the cardio workout and opted instead for yoga. Specifically, I did 2/3 of Rodney Yee's Yoga Conditioning for the Athlete. I love this workout!! It has a typical yoga segment, but it also includes deep stretches at the beginning and the end. Of course I did my usual gig and warmed up for 5 minutes before starting the yoga workout.

Wendy: Any luck making contact with the training facility you mentioned? That's so exciting!!! Good luck during your intern appointment tonight. Oh and you are so going to rock the Thursday session! You're ready for this. Get pumped!! No worries about missing your workout this morning. I'm sure you'll make up for it tomorrow. :D OH MAN! Another WEN convert? I've been considering it forever. I use Redken and love it, but WEN is supposed to be life changing.

Wiggie: Big thumbs down on the computer problems. But we completely understand. :) Oh man, we are going to be some travelling bunnies during the month of March. Have a blast at Myrtle Beach!! Excellent workouts this past few days. I just pulled out the S90 workouts too. I might give one a go in the next week or two, just to change things up. :)

Since you both asked, i'm going to start my FBI PFT training by using a 6 week plan developed by Stew Smith. I also found a training plan recommended by a current FBI special agent. I have to do the PFT test twice during the application process, and I have no clue when that will be. It all varies so much. So, my plan is to start with the Stew Smith plan and, if that gets me to the point where I can pass the PFT test, i'll just maintain until I get word that i'll actually be doing the PFT test in person. Then, i'll do the other training program I have to get into tip-top shape. I hope that makes sense, lol! Keep in mind the plan is designed to help a person prepare for the FBI PFT test, so it focuses on running, situps, and pushups. Here's the first week of the Stew Smith plan.

Day 1: Pushup/abs super set

Part 1 - Repeat 5 times
*10 jumping jacks
* 10 pushups

Part 2
* 40 pushups
* 80 abs of your choice
* 30 pushups
* 60 abs of your choice
* 20 pushups
* 40 abs of your choice
* 10 pushups
* 20 abs of your choice
* 1:00 plank pose

Part 3
* 1.5 mile run, timed
* 1.5 mil jog, easy

Day 2: Back, Biceps, and Legs

Part 1 - repeat 2 times
* 20 squats
* 10 pullups
* 20 squats
* 8 pullups
* 20 squats
* 6 pullups
* 20 squats
* 4 pullups
* 20 squats
* 2 pullups

Part 2 - Repeat 4 times
* 1/4 mile run at goal pace (for me, that's an 8 minute mile)
* 30 squats
* 15 lunges per leg

Part 3 - 1 mile run, timed

Oops, sorry. Submitted my reply too soon. Here's the rest of the week. Also, i'll prolly have to go to the gym to do most of this. I want to use the treadmill so I can confirm i'm running at the appropriate pace.

Day 3: AM/PM run

Part 1: 30 minute run (AM)

Part 2: 30 minute run (PM) - NOTE: I'll probably go to a Punch class instead of doing a second run.

Day 4: Full Body Workout

Part 1 - repeat 10 times
* 10 jumping jacks
* 10 pushups

Part 2 - repeat 10 times
* 10 jumping jacks
* 10 squats

Part 3 - repeat 3 times
* max pullups
* max pushups
* 10 wide pulldowns
* 10 regular pulldowns
* 10 reverse pulldowns
* 1:00 situps

Part 4 - 20 min swim or bike

Day 5: running intervals

Part 1 - repeat 6 times
* run 1/4 mile at goal pace
* jog 1/4 mile, easy

Part 2 - repeat 2 times
* run 1/2 mile at goal pace
* walk 1/8 mile

Part 3
* 30 min swim or bike
* 20 easy jog or bike

Day 6: Long Workout

Part 1 - easy jog, 1 mile and stretch

Part 2 - repeat 2 times
* sprint 300 meters
* 40 squats
* jog 1/4 mile
* sprint 300 meters
* 20 lunges per leg
* run 1/4 mile at goal pace
* 20 squats

Part 3 - repeat 5 times
* max pullups
* max pushups
* max situps

OMG Katie!!! That plan makes Cathe work outs look like they are for sissys and we both know that is NOT true!!!:eek::eek::eek: So when do you start this diabolical plan woman!? .... I may have to give some of these work outs a shot...they look too tough to NOT take the challenge! ;)
I haven't touched base with the guy at the training facility yet about setting up an interview yet. We are playing phone tag and he's it. :p I told him I'd be available between 12 and 1pm today for a phone call so hopefully I'll hear from him....Lucky you with the snow day! IKWYM about it being better if you hadn't gotten up yet and worked out when you got the call but a day off is a day off no matter how ya slice it! :D The 20-30 min stretches included in a lot of the programs I am doing right now are a God-send since I don't have any real time to invest in a good yoga routine right now. I love yoga but when I don't have the time to commit to it I prefer to do stretches that get right to the point so to speak. Does that make any sense?? :confused: OMG I had to LOL at the fact that you did 2/3's of the yoga work out...just like you used to do-what was it?-5/6's of STS Ext. Stretch?? LOL :p

Wiggie:: So are you going to give any or all of Katie's PT training plan a shot? :)

Good Morning. :D

Well, I slept in again this morning so no work out :rolleyes: ...BUT... I ended up taking a class at the gym last night so y'day wasn't a rest day after all! It was a "crossfit" class. I personally don't think that's the right name for it. I'd just call it bootcamp but it's not my gym so it's not my business. :p LOL Anyway it was a good class just the same. A little running and kickboxing to warm up, and then circuits comprised of things like sprinting, push ups, kettlebells, and round house kicking a heavy bag (the kind that stands on the floor). It finished up with some good ab work and a stretch. It was a good class and I have the kettlebells legs to prove it now! ;)

After the class I hung out at the gym for another 45 minutes all marvelously sweaty n stank while I watch him finish training somebody and then we were going over some things. I think he forgot he wanted me to train that guy tonight so I'm not going in (shhh! Don't remind him!!!:p) but I'm going back Saturday to start going over the sales end of it....ROLE PLAYING! UGH! :confused::rolleyes::eek:

Tonight is a bowling night for DH and DS will probably want to play video games for a while so if I'm lively enough I will work out after dinner. Just not sure what I will do yet....

Well I think my novel about covers it!:p

Good morning!

No workout for me yet today. I've got my Punch class this evening after work. I'm excited!

Wendy: Whew, you've got one busy life woman! :) High five on the crossfit class. I've heard those are tough stuff. There's a new crossfit gym opening near my house. I thought about giving it a shot, just to change things up. Is there a lot of role playing during your intern appointments? That makes sense, but I wouldn't like it much either. LOL @ your diabolical plan comment. Yeah, when I first read through the plan I thought it sounded insane too. But if that's what I gotta do, then that's what I gotta do. If anything, it will help me decide if i'm really cut out for this whole FBI thing. I'll be in Texas March 30 - April 5th, so my goal is to start on Saturday, April 6th. That gives me a whole month to get mentally psyched! :eek:

Hi Wiggie!!!

Hello! Back to report a work out for tonight!:D

A1 - Back To Core! First time doing this one. Not at all what I expected from Crazy Mr. Shaun T. but a good work out nonetheless! I felt the burn! ;)

Tomorrow morning (assuming I drag my lazy azz outta bed in time!:eek:), will be cardio of some sort...TF? Combat? Insanity? Who knows...I'll decide what I'm in the mood for in the morning! :)

So I got an email from the guy at the training facility. I will meet on Saturday at 11:15am for the interview so wish me luck! :eek:

Katie:: How was your Punch class?REAL Crossfit is supposed to be crazy hard. This class was a good challenge but crazy hard it was not. There is a crossfit gym around me somewhere as well but they are super expensive so I never even considered trying it!:eek: April 6th is the planned go date huh? Ok. I can do that! Just remind me before you leave on vacation! I probably won't do every work out but I'll try to do as many as I can so that you have some company and so I can feel what it's like to train to be an FBI agent!:);)
We actually haven't done too much role playing to this point during my internship. Maybe it's because every time he mentions it I whine at him about how I hate doing it!:p LOL I know we definitely have to do a bit of it for the sales end though. I think that the training portion will come more naturally then I think it will once I'm actually "in it" and doing it for real (I'll still be nervous as he!! at first though!:eek:) but sales? No way!!! I need all the help I can get! :rolleyes: He keeps insisting I'll be okay for several different reasons but he has to build me up if he wants any chance that I'll succeed and make them $$ so he can't tell me I am hopeless, right?! LMAO! :p

That's all for now.
BBT!:cool:

ETA:: Decided to do Off Day Stretch from A2 as well b/c the hamstrings were NOT happy with me after that work out tonight!:p Felt great! :)

Last edited:
Hello there!!;)

Tuesday's workout was Slim & Lean, Wednesday's was CycleMax Extreme & Thursday's was Imax 3.

Wendy: Congrats & good luck with your interview. Remember, you got this!! :) I know you'll do great. Great workouts, I still can't see how you & Katie get up soearly & workout!! :confused: I just can't do it.:eek: That role playing would make me nervous too, even though I know it's necessary. I'm sure it will get easier. :)

Katie: Wow!! I'm glad you completed STS, looks like you will need all the strength you can get!! :eek:That training program is insane!! Maybe I spoke too soon!! :confused: Just kidding, sort of. :eek: I'm still in, but I really suck at pullups. :eek: Maybe at the end of this that will change!! I won't be able to start on April 6th though, my DD & I have the Cooper River Bridge run that day, my first running event!! :eek:

Last edited:
Hello Ladies. :)

Y'day's work out was TF HiiT 30 and this morning I did Combat Upper Body Blow Out.

I went to the internship interview this morning. It went well. It's a training studio. One big room with all kinds of equipment. Looks like my work out room on a larger scale! :D They use all the same types of equipment plus a couple of things that I simply can not fit it my little space. He explained the way the business works and explained how he would run the internship. I like the sounds of it so I'm going to give it a shot. It's so close to home too so should be easy to get there.

Next up is the gym at 2:00! Hopefully he won't torture me TOO badly! :eek:

Wiggie:: Great work outs!!! Getting up early to work out takes getting used to but once you are used to it, it's USUALLY not that bad. Ofcourse, like with everything, sometimes ya just don't wanna (that was me this past week!)! LOL

Happy Sunday!! :)

Friday's workout was TBTS Lower Body Split that was my first time doing it. I liked it, short but thorough!! Saturday's was a very old one I had forgotten about, Barry's Boot Camp Upper Body & Upper Advanced. 33 minutes total. Not sure what I'll do today. :confused: Hope you Ladies had a wonderful weekend!! :)

Wendy: I knew your interview would go well, congrats!! :D How was the gym? He didn't put the hurt on you did he? :p

Enjoy what's left of your weekend!! :cool:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.