STS 2.0 Total Body Giant Sets

Lol, that's how mine usually start out :p
I got motivated today and decided to make my own worksheets. Had my laptop and typed out the chapter menu for upper body 1. Then when I went to print it, my printer was offline for some reason and I spent over an hour trying to fix it. Never could and by the time I thought to just plug in a usb cable, I was so frustrated and never even got to hit play on the disc. I wanted to go through the exercises and jot down weight loads. While I’m eager to dive into the new workouts, I need to preview first. So I whipped up a rotation for this week and will just wait for Cathe to post the user guide. It’s ok, Ive been wanting to do pyramid upper and lower body as well as total body giant sets again.

I did this yesterday and really liked it. I loved the fact that all three sets are a little different and we get to work our body unilaterally in set 2. I usually don't like repeating exercises but the way Cathe structured the workout made each set fresh and different. I can definitely see myself reaching for this workout many times. I was happy the rep count was not too high so was able to lift fairly heavy.

I liked the new set too!
I did this yesterday too and loved it. Love how Cathe programmed this workout

I got motivated today and decided to make my own worksheets. Had my laptop and typed out the chapter menu for upper body 1. Then when I went to print it, my printer was offline for some reason and I spent over an hour trying to fix it. Never could and by the time I thought to just plug in a usb cable, I was so frustrated and never even got to hit play on the disc. I wanted to go through the exercises and jot down weight loads. While I’m eager to dive into the new workouts, I need to preview first. So I whipped up a rotation for this week and will just wait for Cathe to post the user guide. It’s ok, Ive been wanting to do pyramid upper and lower body as well as total body giant sets again.
I make all my own worksheets, I used Microsoft word. I just haven’t had time to sit and make it and print it out. I have a whole binder with all her workouts

I did Giant Sets 2 days ago and I'm still sore, especially in my butt. Love those hip thrusts, though my neck was strained on the single leg thrust. I'm going to try the stability ball and the couch to see if that is more comfortable. I loved this workout out. It was fast and furious. I was so glad when Cathe gave us a little time to catch our breathe.

Did this fully-weighted for the first time yesterday. Really enjoyed the workout. I actually stayed a bit conservative with my weight selections this first time around and noted to go up an increment next time around. I use Select-Tech weights, so found I need to pause the workout occasionally in order to switch out my weights so I can't quite keep the same pace as the workout, but I was still breathing pretty hard throughout.

I'm seeing my grip strength needs a lot of work. o_O Was rushing to put my weights down after the last set of deadlifts. A few pauses were needed, too, just to give my forearms a stretch.

Did the express premix that excludes Group 3 yesterday. Unfortunately, I didn't have time to do the whole workout. Still got a great workout and love the unilateral exercises in Group 2. The unilateral overhead press and the single leg hip thrusts really showed up imbalances between my right and left sides. I kept my barbell weight light for the hip thrusts as I am not familiar with this exercise yet and I want to get my form right before increasing the weight.

Done & dusted! The stability ball worked well for the hip thrusts - thanks for that tip! I'll be upping my weights 10% for most exercises ... this will be trial & error to find the sweet spot weight for the next few trys.
That's what I've been doing. Went a little lighter on the first time and increased the next time. Next for me is the Upper body/Lower body workouts. Looking forward to it! Love this series!

I did this yesterday and really liked it. I loved the fact that all three sets are a little different and we get to work our body unilaterally in set 2. I usually don't like repeating exercises but the way Cathe structured the workout made each set fresh and different. I can definitely see myself reaching for this workout many times. I was happy the rep count was not too high so was able to lift fairly heavy.

I liked the new set too!
I had to significantly drop my weight for the 3rd round. I think it's the fast pace because it's a weight I've used before but with longer rests between sets. Wonder if anyone experienced the same.

Decided to use the stability ball for this go-around with Giant Sets. It's all fun and games, but NOT during the unilateral segment! Maybe I didn't catch that somewhere, but either my balance is absolute s**t or this reaaaaaaaallly shouldn't be done unilaterally on a stability ball. Don't worry - I didn't injure myself. My core got a massive challenge, though. Next time I either need to drop my weight significantly or go back to using the edge of my couch for that portion.

I had to significantly drop my weight for the 3rd round. I think it's the fast pace because it's a weight I've used before but with longer rests between sets. Wonder if anyone experienced the same.
I didn't find I needed to drop my weight on set 3 except for on the side lunges. (I was just getting flat out exhausted by that time.) This could also be because I'm still fine-tuning my weight selections. I found I should increase some of my starting weight selections even after I thought I'd made a good guess at it my first go-round.

Decided to use the stability ball for this go-around with Giant Sets. It's all fun and games, but NOT during the unilateral segment! Maybe I didn't catch that somewhere, but either my balance is absolute s**t or this reaaaaaaaallly shouldn't be done unilaterally on a stability ball. Don't worry - I didn't injure myself. My core got a massive challenge, though. Next time I either need to drop my weight significantly or go back to using the edge of my couch for that portion.
I was concerned about using the stability ball for unilateral hip thrusts too - modified by only lifting foot a little off the floor so I could quickly put it down if needed for stability. I also switched out to a dumbell to keep weight closer to my center of gravity. It sure does challenge the core!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.