STS 2.0 Lower Body 1

Kellyro77

Cathlete
Wooooooaaaaah. Did this for the first time today. I think this is my first time experiencing those quad lifts with the stability ball on the shin/toe at the very end. My quads were having an existential crisis, lol!

Loved the workout. I'm just really frustrated that my grip strength is really hindering me from going as heavy as I'd like with some of the exercises. Like for the deadlifts I couldn't even get out 10 reps in each set - had to stop at 8 each time, even after lowering my weight because my grip was just giving out. This is my first week in phase 2, so hopefully by week 3 maybe I won't be having to give in so fast. My lower body is definitely toasted right now, though (AND my forearms!).

I just did this workout today. I also really enjoyed it. Years ago while doing STS I purchased gloves with hooks, they came in handy today. I’m still having a problem getting into the position for the hip thrusts, it does lighten the mood when laughing at yourself.

As of today, I have done them all and love them all!! The hip thrusts are a challenge for me because I have a hard time getting the barbell on and off my lap.
For hip thrusts, I switch to single hand kettlebell swings. One way to incorporate the kb in STS 2.0.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.