STS 2.0 is so full of options that there is something for everyone!

forum_admin

Administrator
Staff member
NoWallAnchors-1000px.jpg

No wall anchors? No problem! STS 2.0 is so full of options that there is something for everyone!

For example, in the top picture of the STS 2.0 Single Body Part Chest workout you will see Jenn A, Jenn D, and Al doing a banded chest fly. Notice Jenn A standing away from the wall in the middle of the floor doing the non-wall anchor option for those of you who don’t have a wall anchor(s). She has her band securely looped under a very heavy dumbbell so that she can get the same line of pull that Jenn D and Al have using a bottom wall anchor.

Then (bottom left picture) in this same workout, Kristin is using the mid-height wall anchor for a banded horizontal chest fly.
Once again Jenn A is showing a kneeling floor option (bottom right picture) with her band securely looped under a very heavy dumbbell to mimic the same line of pull for the horizontal chest fly.

And for those of you who don’t want to use a band there is always the standard dumbbell chest fly option.
Pre-Order Cathe's New STS 2.0: Muscle & Recovery Workout Program Now At: https://bit.ly/2WDfkdh and Get Free Worldwide Shipping!

Last edited:
I tried the weight on the floor with band and the weight slid on the carpet…maybe not
heavy enough….I believe another option would be like Cathe did in Supercuts doing the
standing chest fly with tubing, step on tubing with 1 foot and step thru with other, and
perform that way,,,wouldn’t that work?

I can't see clearly from the picture but in the dumbbell version is the band just simply placed under the dumbbell so the loop is pulling up against the dumbbell handle?

Yep, that’s what it looks like…but I noticed that she has the back foot against it so it doesn’t slide? The stance is the same as in Supercuts standing band chest fly…so why couldn’t you just step on the band?

That band under the dumbbell thing reminds me of doing leg presses on the high step with the 6 ft green resistance band. You had to be so careful when stepping down as to not flip the top up. Then if you don’t pick a heavy enough dumbbell, you’ll have a dumbbell fly up in the air and a band whack you in the back of the head. It was like when I did some of Yvette Bachman’s YouTube workouts and needed a medicine ball. I bought one online that had special handles because I didn’t want to risk losing control of the medicine ball and have it go flying through my bedroom wall.

Band/tubing backlash are not fun. I've had them break during a pull - it's startling. Once during a seated band pull, the band snapped & hit me in the face! What a slap! ;-) The fabric bands seem safer, but don't have as much stretch.

I miss the TPE firewalker loops that Cathe introduced around the time of Cross Fire and To The Max. They were wider and a little bit longer that the ones she sells now and very, very durable. The last one I had remaining was the blue one and it snapped earlier this year. So, it lasted me pretty much 10 years because Cross Fire and To The Max came out in 2012. I've ever looked on eBay to see if someone out there still has a set they want to sell.

Band/tubing backlash are not fun. I've had them break during a pull - it's startling. Once during a seated band pull, the band snapped & hit me in the face! What a slap! ;-) The fabric bands seem safer, but don't have as much stretch.
Ouch! And I thought it was bad when a firewalker loop snapped during lower body work.

I haven't snapped a firewalker loop or tubing yet, but I did snap the medium tension band that came with the fit tower. I was doing a bicep curl and I hit myself in the face. That hurt. They snap without any warning.

I haven't snapped a firewalker loop or tubing yet, but I did snap the medium tension band that came with the fit tower. I was doing a bicep curl and I hit myself in the face. That hurt. They snap without any warning.
The band From Fit Tower got Rea sticky I had to throw it away ‍

I find that talcum powder is great for getting rid of the stickiness. So once the band starts sticking to itself, I rinse with water, then pat dry, lay it out flat, and sprinkle with baby powder (both sides).

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.