STS 1.0 and STS 2.0 Rotation

JessLynne39

Hi Cathe and Cathletes!!
Has anyone considered (or started) a rotation with both STS 1.0 and STS 2.0? I am thinking 1st week is week 1 of STS 1.0 and then week 2 is week 1 of STS 2.0 , and continuing to alternate weeks for each program to make it a full 6.5 months while incorporating her recovery and ab routines in. Then the other 2 to 3 days a week doing various cardio routines. If you have I'd love to hear (read lol) your thoughts and plan of action!! Or Cathe, if you read this, what are thoughts? Would this be effective in weight loss and muscle toning/strength building or is it too much to combine the two? Thanks in advance for your time! I greatly appreciate you!!

Hi Cathe and Cathletes!!
Has anyone considered (or started) a rotation with both STS 1.0 and STS 2.0? I am thinking 1st week is week 1 of STS 1.0 and then week 2 is week 1 of STS 2.0 , and continuing to alternate weeks for each program to make it a full 6.5 months while incorporating her recovery and ab routines in. Then the other 2 to 3 days a week doing various cardio routines. If you have I'd love to hear (read lol) your thoughts and plan of action!!

:D it depend on what you are looking to get out of the combination (of STS and STS 2.0 ):D

Have you got any goal? if you have one, you need to from 4 to 12 16 weeks of commitment.
if you have not got any, you can just try random program depending on your weekly or daily/request desire.
it is your program and you decide.

Hi Cathe and Cathletes!!
Has anyone considered (or started) a rotation with both STS 1.0 and STS 2.0? I am thinking 1st week is week 1 of STS 1.0 and then week 2 is week 1 of STS 2.0 , and continuing to alternate weeks for each program to make it a full 6.5 months while incorporating her recovery and ab routines in. Then the other 2 to 3 days a week doing various cardio routines. If you have I'd love to hear (read lol) your thoughts and plan of action!! Or Cathe, if you read this, what are thoughts? Would this be effective in weight loss and muscle toning/strength building or is it too much to combine the two? Thanks in advance for your time! I greatly appreciate you!!
I have! I usually do a 3 month STS 1.0 rotation several times per year, as it is my favorite with the best results.

I was going to do a 4 month STS 2.0 rotation first and then do a combo 1.0 & 2.0 rotation as you were planning....alternating weeks. I figure after I do my first full 2.0 rotation, I will get a "feel" of the new workouts and incorporate into a combo rotation as I see fit.

I hope you keep us updated if you do the combo rotation before I do!

(Side Note....I have done an STS 1.0 rotation combined with Beach Body Beast/MHC rotation and it worked out great. I did alternating weeks of each program and it was about a 6-7 month rotation. When Cathe announced STS 2.0, I immediately thought I would do a 1.0 & 2.0 combo the same way).

JessLynn39, I see that you're a new member to the forum and I just wanted to say "welcome". The more members, the more people we can toss ideas back and forth between. In answer to your question, I am not planning on combining the 2 at this point in time, because that's not where I'm headed in my fitness goals. My husband, however, is constantly training for a sport that takes an unusual amount of strength (as well as a lot of other things). When I told him STS 2.0 was coming out, he immediately asked if it could be used with the original STS. I told him I thought that would be perfect for him and his goals. He hasn't figured out how exactly he's going to do it, but we both thought combining the 2 would be a powerful strength training program for increasing his strength during the months that he competes in tournaments (late fall through early spring). We feel that it would be too much this time of year for us, because right now, he's not competing, but he participates in his armored combat fighting. This time of year, he's doing it outdoors, so he needs to still focus on strength, but has to dedicate more time to cardio, because he fights outdoors and needs to be able to do it in the heat and sun (which negatively affects breathing, heart rate, endurance, etc.). I'll let him know you started this thread so that he can check back for ideas. I'm guessing there will be some valuable info on here that will help him get his rotation together by the time he wants to start. Thanks for starting this thread. :)

Hi Cathe and Cathletes!!
YES. I plan on doing these next 4wks going one time through each workout. Then, June 25 I plan on doing that very thing. Alternating STS 1.0 + STS 2.0 weeks w/ Barre Blend thrown in for good measure. .
I haven't figured it all out yet, but it will be WONDERFUL.
I love these two sets because they are heavy lifting with time between sets to assist with muscle gain.
Last year I had covid and lost a ton of muscle.
It's time to ReBuild...

I was doing Meso #3, and transitioned into Body Parts. It has been effective, and I can easily see a rotation interlacing the two.
i haven’t looked at the split days, but am wondering if they would work with Meso #2.
i might play around with that in the summer. It can get too hot to workout but recovery days help,out with that.

I am getting ready to start this, alternating week 1 of STS2 with week 1 of STS1 and so on since I already finished one 12 week rotation of STS2...any one have any thing to report after you've done it? I'm very interested in how it worked out for you.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.