Strength in Numbers

Julie Great work on STS M1D6 Legs. Enjoy your weekend

I didn't workout this morning. I am a bit bummed about my toe. I guess all I can do right now is weight work and then get my cardio dragon boating. Our neighbour changed our tires for us today so now I will be doing some baking for him tomorrow.

Have a great weekend everyone.

Cheryl

Cherylwhat a bummer about your toe! Good thing you were playing it safe! I'm glad you are getting some good dragon boating in though!

JulieGreat job on M1D6, I hope your legs are doing better than mine are today! I hope you enjoyed your early Friday too.

Yesterday morning I did M1D3 legs and ouch ouch ouch, I am feeling it today. I'm getting about a C- on the toilet test. My friend is keeping the kittens for the weekend because we are at Hilton Head for the weekend. We are coming home on Monday so I won't be getting any workouts in before then. Have a great day!

Pam

Pam Great work on M1D3 legs and failing the toilet test :p. Enjoy your weekend at Hilton Head.

This morning I went out drgon boating. It was really wet but still a lot of fun. In the afternoon I decided I didn't want to sit around (I am going a bit crazy) and walked down to the library to pick up a book that was on hold for me. I don't know how long I can go without being active as it is driving me nuts :rolleyes:.

Cheryl

I took off early on Friday and it still seems like this weekend flew by. Friday afternoon I ran a bunch of errands and did some chores when I got home but still had time for a walk with the dogs. Saturday morning I did Burn Sets Chest, Shoulders, Biceps, and Triceps then DH and I dropped my car off to get new tires and spent the afternoon with my family for Easter. We ended up getting home really late and the dogs left us a not so good smelling present for being late. DH and I ended up shampooing most of the carpet and mopping the floors. Oh well, that was our fault for not being home. Sunday morning I did my own heavy legs and back workout and then was lazy the rest of the day except a walk with the dogs.

Cheryl When I broke my foot, I focused on weight training for upper body and a lot of floor work for lower body. No cardio. I ended up pretty strong in my upper body by the end but I think it is also what gave me tennis elbow. If dragon and boating and walks don’t hurt your toe, hopefully you can do that until it heals up. Did they tell you how long it might be?

Pam Great job on STS D3! Oh no, a C- on the toilet test is not good. At least you got a relaxing weekend in after to maybe thaw out your legs. Hope you had a great time at Hilton Head.

Have a great day!

Cheryl I'm glad you had fun dragon boating even though it was wet. I know what you mean about going crazy sitting around. You are getting some activity in with your dragon boating and walks at least.

Julie Weekends sure do have a way of flying by. Great job on BS CSBT. I hope you had fun at your Easter get together, it's no fun getting smelly surprises. Great job on getting your carpet cleaned though :) Great job on your heavy leg and back workout too.

We ended up coming home from Hilton Head last night because DH had a busy day at work today. I was glad to get home and get back into my routine. The people that we stayed with had snacks out all of the time, and breakfast each morning was pastries, so I ate way too much. We did get a fair amount of waking in at the golf tournament, but not enough to offset all of that over eating. This morning was disc 4 so I got to do about 2000 push-ups. Only two more of these M1 chest workouts left at least. I'm getting the kittens back later today, my GF asked if she can keep them awhile longer because her grandchildren will be there later this afternoon and are dying to see them. I was glad to hear that she had an easy time with them and enjoyed having them. I hope everyone has a great day!

Pam

Julie Weekends always seem to fly by and the weeks go by so slow. Good work on BS Chest, Shoulders, Biceps and Triceps. Oops I guess your dogs let you know that they were not happy with you leaving them for so long. It is so much fun cleaning carpets and mopping floors after you have been out all day :rolleyes:. Good job on your heavy leg and back workout. It could be 4 to 6 weeks before it heals completely but I will go crazy long before then not doing any cardio.

Pam I don't like having food out all day because I will eat it all. At least you can get back into your routine. Great job on STS disc 4 and your 2000 push ups. So cute that your friends grandkids were excited to see the kittens.

This morning I thought I would try doing Slide and Glide. I thought that it would be a good one with no impact for my toe. It seemed to work well for me though I really struggled with the burpees. It has been almost 2 weeks since I broke my toe and have done any Cathe cardio so I really felt it. Then I went to get some veggies (I am doing the Gurus veggie challenge this week). I don't know why it is so hard for me to eat enough veggies in the day. I will see if I can improve it.

Have a great day everyone.

Cheryl

Cheryl Great job on slide and glide, I'm sure you will be feeling it tomorrow! I signed up for the veggie challenge too, but so far I haven't done anything......I didn't even watch the intro video they sent yesterday. I think my veggie intake is usually pretty good, but I want to see if that is true. I always eat a big salad loaded with veggies for lunch and then 1-2 other veggies at dinner.

This morning was Hiit 30/30 and pilates inspired abs. I didn't think I like that ab workout, but I did it and realized I like it a lot better than I thought I did. I just got the kittens back. They are doing great and gained the right amount of weight. She also said that she hasn't given them a bottle since Saturday! That will make things a lot easier! Have a great day!

Pam

Last night I did 2 rounds of Muscle Meltdown for Triceps and then DH and I took the dogs for a walk. Today I had to drop Ozzie off at the vet for his chemo treatment. Since I had time in the morning before they opened, I did RWH LIHI Legs. Boy was that tough first thing in the morning even after a giant cup of coffee.

Pam I love pastries but they are not filling and so easy to overindulge because of that. Great job on STS D4! Maybe the 2000 pushups helped offset some of the pastries you ate! That is so cute that her grandchildren wanted to see the kittens. Great job on 30/30 and pilates abs! Isn’t funny how you do a workout you think you don’t like and then realize you do like it. I have had that happen a few times. Yea! No more bottle feeding!

Cheryl Oh 4-6 weeks of no lower body or cardio would make me stir crazy! Great job on S&G and glad it worked well for you. Burpees are always hard and for some reason sometimes using sliders on certain moves seems to make that move more difficult. I experience that with mountain climbers. I feel they are harder with the slider. Good luck on the veggie challenge.

Have a great day!

Pam Sometimes my veggie intake is really good other times not :confused:. I would like to be getting 6 to 10 servings per day. I will see how it goes. Good job on Hiit 30/30 and pilates inspired abs. I was like that with burn sets thinking that I didn't like it but I did. That is great that the kittens have gained weight and they don't need a bottle anymore.

Julie Great work on Muscle Meltdown for Triceps and RWH LIHI Legs. I bet it was tough doing that workout first thing in the morning. I hope everything went well with Ozzie's chemo treatment.

This morning I did S&S RUUB. I went dragon boating tonight and helped get the boat out. However that was about as far as we got as when we were lining up it started to thunder and lightning :mad:. We walked down to the water but another team that had gone out just before us had returned to the dock and were calling it quits. Apparently carbon fiber paddles which is what I have work as lighting rods :eek: so we didn't go out either. Oh well it was off to the brewery for a beer instead.

Have a great day.

Cheryl

I had to pick up Ozzie late last night from the vet. He is doing well but has diarrhea. I am having my dad come over and sit with him today so that I don’t have any surprises when I get home. I was hoping to go for a walk since it has been so beautiful out but we got home late so we didn’t get one in. Maybe tonight. I will say that RWH LIHI Legs yesterday kicked my butt literally. My butt is so sore today which is weird because it has never made it sore before.

Cheryl Great job on S&S RUUB! Bummer on not being able to go dragon boating because of thunder and lightning. At least you got a little workout getting the boat out and putting it back! I’m glad you played it safe especially if you are holding a lightning rod in your hands.

Have a great day!

Julie Great job on Triceps MM and RWH LIHI legs. I am still working off those pastries. The other problem with them is that they don't stick with me, so by the middle of the morning I am hungry again.

Cheryl 6-10 servings of veggies a day is a lot. I'm not sure if I get that many or not, it depends on what a serving size is I guess. Great job on RUUB. What a bummer that you didn't get to go dragon boating after getting the boat out. I definitely wouldn't want to be on the water with a lightening rod! At least you got to enjoy a beer.

Julie That is nice that your dad will be staying with Ozzie so that you don't get any unpleasant surprises when you get home. That's funny how a workout can affect you in new ways. I hope your butt recovers soon. I have to say that I was still feeling my first STS M1 leg workout 3 days later!

This morning was STS disc 5 back and triceps. I thought about letting the kittens stay out while I did my workout because they were having so much fun playing, but I turned around during the warm up and there was a little guy running up behind me, so I put them in their playpen. They sat and watched me for awhile and then went to sleep, so that worked out well. I thought they would cry for an hour, but they didn't let out a peep. Have a great day!

Pam

Julie Bummer that you didn't get a walk in hopefully you did tonight. Nice that your dad is able to sit with Ozzie so there are no surprises.

Pam A serving size is either 1 cup of greens or 1/2 cup of cut up veggies. So far I am not getting in as much as I would like. Good work on STS disc 5 back and triceps. It was probably safer to have the kittens in the play pen instead of running around especially if you don't see them and step on them or something.

This morning I did XTrain Legs. Then I went and got some groceries and then we went out to my parents to cut the lawn and do some weeding. Tonight I went out dragon boating but sat in the coaches chair again and helped out.

Have a great day.

Cheryl

Last night I did ICE MM Back all 3 rounds and then added on the warmup and tabata 4 from tabatacise.

Pam Great job on STS Disc 5 Back and Triceps! How cute about your kitten trying to run up while you were working out. My butt and legs are still a little sore from Tuesday but they better thaw out since I have legs on tap tonight.

Cheryl Great job on XTrain Legs! I’m glad you got to get out to do some dragon boating. I’m sure you were itching to be rowing instead of coaching. No walk last night because DH got home late. Tonight doesn’t look good either with what he has going on.

Have a great day!

Cheryl Hmm, based on those serving sizes I am definitely not getting 10 servings of veggies a day. Probably more like 6-8 usually and not always that. Great job on XTrain legs and coaching at Dragon boating. Sounds like they are working on you for that job! How nice of you to cut your parents lawn and do weeding too.

Julie Great job on ICE MM back and tabata 4. That sounds like a lot! I hope your legs hold up for you tonight.

I should've realized when I decided to do an STS rotation that it meant I would have CCC in my future, and there it was on my calendar today. I did my PCCC version and I must admit that I was very very tempted not to go back and do round 3 after finishing round 4, but I did. I was happy when it was over though! I think my face stayed red for about an hour after I was done. Then I cut the grass and blew the driveway and sidewalks off. Last night I went to Petsmart and cleaned the cat cages for the cats that the rescue I'm working with has there. I'm a little worried that I didn't get them all back in the right cages though :oops:When I first got there I opened the cages and the next thing I knew 3 cats were roaming around in the room. I realized that I hadn't paid very close attention to which cat had been in which cage. I'm going to tell the person who is going tonight to double check! Ay yi yi. Have a great day!

Pam

Julie Great work on ICE MM Back and the warm up and tabata 4 from tabatacise. Yep I really wanted to paddle last night but it is great experience being in the coaches chair. If things go well this year maybe I will try and do the coaches course next year.

Pam I am not getting all the servings of veggies either but I would like to. I feel like I really haven't had a chance to get organized this week for it. Good for you in doing your PCCC version. Too funny about not being sure if you got the cats in the right cages. I am sure everything will work out.

This morning I decided to try Low Impact Challenge but I only used one riser. I did fine but was a little cautious with doing the burpees. Then I got the housework done.

Have a great day.

Cheryl

Last night I did STS D9 legs. After that I had to run some errands for DH. He gets bad migraines and ran out of his medicine so I had to pick it up for him. Being that we live in the middle of nowhere it is a 30 minute drive to civilization and the nearest pharmacy. I am so happy it is Friday though. The weather isn’t supposed to be the best this weekend but maybe that just means I stay inside and snuggle up with the dogs after chores of course.

Pam Great job on PCCC and for doing round 3 even though you didn’t want to! Oh that is funny about the cats. The cats don’t care but I guess if the description for that cage doesn’t match the cat in the cage, that might be not so funny.

Cheryl Great job on LIC! I think you did great being cautious with only one riser and on the burpees. I hope you get some nice weather this weekend and can maybe do dragon boating.

Have a great weekend!

Cheryl I'm hoping that the gurus leave their videos up an I can watch them at my leisure....Great job on LIC, I would imagine burpees would be tough on the toes!

Julie Great job D9, your legs must have been feeling pretty good if you were able to do that one. I the it would be nice most of the time being in the middle of nowhere, but I imagine it's a pain sometimes when it takes 30 minutes to get anywhere. It would definitely force me to be better about planning ahead!

This morning for me was D6 legs. I had forgotten all about those sit and stands. Ouch, I'm thinking I'm going to be feeling this one for a couple of days too. It turns out that I had the cats in the right cages, so I was relieved. I also learned my lesson about walking in there and letting them come out! Last night was my retirement dinner with the people from work. It was a lot of fun, but I did not want to get out of bed this morning! Happy Friday and have a great day!

Pam

Julie Great job on STS D9 Legs. I don't think I could live in the middle of nowhere. I like being able to run to pick something up in a couple of minutes. I think snuggling with the dogs would be a great way to enjoy the weekend.

Pam Good work on D6 Legs. The sit and stands are tough. I bet that was a relief to know that you put the cats back into the proper cages. I am glad that you enjoyed your retirement dinner.

This morning I didn't get a workout in. We needed to go out to my parents place to take them into the cruise ship terminal. They are cruising to Hawaii on the Star Princess. That was one hugh ship. It holds about 3500 people. I hope they enjoy themselves. Me and DH hung out in Vancouver for a bit and then drove home but since it was such a nice day out stopped at our nearby park where I dragon boat to get an ice cream cone. Unfortunately it is back to rain tomorrow.

Have a great weekend.

Cheryl

Ok so this weekend seriously flew by too fast. I went to bed last night wondering what happened to the weekend. Last thing I remembered it was Friday afternoon. DH had to work on Saturday so I did get XTrain BS Chest, Shoulders, Bis, and Tris done. Then I did some cleaning. Because DH was working and I really wanted to do more of a workout, I did Pedal Power in the afternoon. It was so much fun. Sunday I did my own heavy legs and back workout and then was lazy and binge watched TV with DH the rest of the day.

Pam Great job on D6! Hopefully you have recovered by now. That is good news you got the cats back in the right cages. You must have had a great time at the retirement dinner if you didn’t want to get out of bed the next day! Being in the middle of nowhere does mean I have to be a good planner. I only go grocery shopping once a week and I forget something, oh well, it will have to wait another week.

Cheryl How nice to cruise to Hawaii. How long does it take to get there by boat? Yum an ice cream cone sounds delightful. Hopefully it didn’t rain all weekend for you. I would rather live being closer to stores but we were young and dumb when we bought our house. When I retire, my dream is to live in a place where I can walk or bike to most of the stores I need to go to.

Have a great day!

Julie Don't you wish the work week would fly by and the weekends would be nice and relaxing and you could feel like you got a good rest. Great job on XTrain BS Chest, Shoulders, Bis and Tris and Pedal Power and your own heavy leg and back workout. It takes about 5 days to sail from Vancouver to Hawaii and then they will sail around Hawaii for another 5 days and then another 5 days to sail back. I wouldn't say you were young and dumb it is great that you have a house.

Saturday I went dragon boating. It was a really nice morning for it. Sunday I did Segments 1 and 3 of Stretch Max. This morning I did Afterburn. It felt really good to really finally get a good workout in. My toe is doing a lot better so I decided to try something a bit tougher.

Have a great day.

Cheryl

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.