Strength in Numbers

Ordered Cathe's new DVD's coming out this Summer. Order number 162528! YaHOO! I have the equipment for it so I really do need to order this set. I can't wait!

You all seem to continue on with your workouts. So proud of you! Also seems like problems are solved. So glad for that.

Take care everyone,

Janie

Cheryl Great job on LLA and getting your housework done. My temporary reprieve from CCC only made it worse, because I knew it was sitting there on my calendar taunting me.....:p

Janie That is awesome that you have some new workouts to look forward to. Are they the ones for the turbo tower, or did I miss something?!

So this morning was the dreaded CCC. I did the PCCC version, but it was pretty hard. Those roll back and spring ups thingies get me every time. I'm still alive to tell about it, but I am pretty sore today! We leave early tomorrow morning to go to Aspen skiing, I can't wait. Hopefully I will be recovered by Sunday to ski! I probably won't get to check it until we get back - we're there until Wednesday night. Have a great weekend and first half of the week!

Pam

Janie Nice that you got new DVD's. Are they the ones for the fit tower?

Pam Great work on PCCC. Yep those roll back and spring ups thingies are hard. Enjoy skiing in Aspen.

This morning I did Cardio Kicks. I hadn't done that one in a long time.

Have a great weekend everyone.

Cheryl

So Thursday afternoon I ran errands and didn’t do a workout. I did do one Friday on my day off, Cardio Leg Blast. After that, we had a vet appointment for Ozzie that was a 3 hour round trip drive but his eye still looks tumor free so worth it. Then in the afternoon, DH had a neurologist appointment for his headaches. We then ran so more errands. Saturday, I did Afterburn intervals 1-5 and then Cycle Sweat. After that, we had to run Sheba to the vet to get some vaccines and then it was chores around the house and taxes (oh the sheer fun). Saturday afternoon, I was cleaning in the dining room and noticed some weird dirt in one corner. Turns out our wood ceiling is rotting so now we get to look into replacing that. Sunday was Gym Styles Legs and then being lazy and binge watching Netflix. Can’t believe it is Monday already again.

Pam Great job on Supercuts! That is a nice surprise when you thought you had CCC on tap, even with the su/pu combo. Great job on PCCC! Have a great time skiing! I hope you are all recovered from PCCC to enjoy it.

Cheryl Great job on LLA and housework and then on Cardio Kicks! I haven’t done that one in forever either. I am wondering if I can fit it into my rotation now?

Janie I haven’t decided yet if I am going to order the new workouts. I probably will just to complete the Cathe collection I have but they just don’t appeal to me. Maybe it was the timing of the announcement and I will get excited eventually.

Have a great day!

Julie Good job on Cardio Leg Blast. I am happy that Ozzie's eye is tumor free. It would be well worth the 3 hour round trip to know for sure. Wow you sure did have a busy weekend with all of the appointments, errand and chores. Bummer that you need a new ceiling. There is always something isn't there that money has to be spent on :rolleyes:. Great work on intervals 1 - 5 of Afterburn, Cycle Sweat and Gym Style Legs.

So dragon boating was cancelled for Saturday morning. It is still too cold to get out on the water so I did some yoga instead. My parents and brother came over for lunch and then I helped my parents file their tax returns. Sunday I went to a Wellness Show with some friends. Another friend was suppose to come but of course it had to snow and she couldn't make it because she had a lot further to drive than the rest of us. This morning I did RWH LIHI Legs and then I got busy in the kitchen to make some things for me to eat.

Have a great day.

Cheryl

Last night I did RWH Plyo HiiT 1. I don’t know why but I was having a tough time getting motivated and even had to pause a few times. I know I was a little nervous about doing plyo with my calves sore from GSL the day before. Last night I woke up to go to the bathroom and almost cried my calves were so tight and sore.

Cheryl Great job on yoga on Saturday! Bummer about it being too cold for dragon boating. It’s getting there weather-wise it is just slower than I would like. Glad you were able to spend time with your family and friends. A Wellness Show sounds fun and interesting. Great job on RWH LIHI Legs!

Have a great day!

Julie Sometimes we have days where it is tough to get motivated. Good for you in doing Plyo HiiT 1 that isn't an easy workout even with a lot of energy. Oh wow your calves are really tight. I hope they are doing better now.

This morning was Ramped Up Upper Body. It was raining and snowing today. I am getting pretty tired of it right now but it looks like it will be this way through the weekend:eek:. We probably won't be dragon boating again this Saturday. I spent most of the day in the kitchen. I made DH a his favorite cherry square and I made myself some healthy things to eat.

Have a great day.

Cheryl

Last night I did Strong & Sweaty Total Body Giant Sets! I really like the workout but I make one substitution. I always think Cathe doesn’t do enough back so instead of upright rows, I do barbell rows. Yesterday my calves were so sore (still are today) and my company decided it was a good day to do a tornado drill. So I got the joy of walking up and down 8 flights of stairs on sore calves.

Cheryl Great job on RUUB! I’m tired of the weather too. So ready for sunny days. We haven’t had much rain but is just gloomy out. We are supposed to get snow this weekend, YUCK! My calves always get so sore for several days after any calf work. I’m always tempted to skip calf work because I know what will happen.

Have a great day!

Julie Great work on S&S Total Body Giant Sets. Good for you in knowing what you need and substituting barbell rows. Oh lucky you to have to go down 8 flights of stairs with sore calves. I hope you don't get snow this weekend. I think it will be more rain than snow for us but it is still cold out.

This morning I did Step Blast one of my favorite step workouts. Then it was a bit of housework and in the afternoon DH had a doctor's appointment.

Have a great day.

Cheryl

Last night I didn’t get a workout in because I had to work late. Well I guess I got a workout in. I did yoga with DH. I just don’t consider that yoga a workout because it is very slow and relaxing. I have a feeling today is going to be a long and exhausting day. I have two 2-hour meetings. Yuck! Let’s hope I can stay awake.

Cheryl Great job on Step Blast! I hope it doesn’t snow either on Saturday. DH and I bit the bullet and bought a Costco membership. We were going to drive out there and spend the afternoon going through the store.

Have a great day!

Good morning ladies, I'm back. It looks like you have been keeping up with your workouts. Julie, I'm so glad that Ozzie's eye is tumor free, I know that must have been a big relief. Did the neurologist tell you anything about your DHs headaches? Cheryl, that is a real bummer that you weren't able to get out on the water last weekend. Hopefully you will be able to soon.

We had a lot of fun skiing. We skiied three days and had completely different weather every day. The first day was pretty cold and really windy, but we found a section of the mountain that wasn't crowded at all and was warmer so we hung out there. it started snowing Sunday afternoon and most of Sunday night, so Monday we had 8 inches of fresh powder. It is so much fun, but such hard work! Tuesday was sunny and beautiful. I don't know if I wore myself out in the power the day before or what, but I really wasn't skiing well at all. I think my legs were just toast. This morning was Total Body Giant Sets. I did the premix that adds an ab exercise at the end of each round. I liked the core work better that way, but I'm still really not crazy about the S&S core. I'm not sure I will choose to do it again! Have a great day!

Pam

Julie Bummer that you had to work late. When yoga is slow and relaxing it doesn't feel like you have done anything, I have a couple of yoga workouts that are like that. I hope you stayed awake during all of your meetings. There is a lot at Costco and it is easy to spend a lot of money. Hopefully the snow will hold off for you.

Pam Welcome back. Glad that you had fun in Aspen. I have never skied but I have heard other people say that skiing in power is really hard on the legs. Good work on Total Body Giant Sets. I think I would like the ab work at the end of each round too. Trying to do it all at once in this series is tough.

This morning I did S&H Legs and Shoulders. I can't get a heavy barbell up over my head anymore so I used my weighted vest and heavy dumbbells instead for the leg work. After that I got groceries and then spent the afternoon spring cleaning the kitchen.

Have a great day.

Cheryl

Last night I did RWH LIHI Legs Scrambler 2! I love this version because it gets all the really hard ones out of the way in the first half. I realize they are all hard but I consider some of them much harder (like split jumps and scissors). I also noticed this morning some glute DOMS. I don’t remember getting them from LIHI Legs before and I am not sure why I am now since I didn’t increase my weight. I’m so happy it is Friday-been waiting all week for today.

Pam So glad you had fun skiing! I’ve never been but imagine it is a total body workout. DH has been seeing the neurologist for a year now. His headaches have decreased as he has put some things in place (like not taking Excedrin every time he gets one) but he still gets about 2-3 a month (migraines not just regular tension/stress headaches). They gave him some more things to try but they are lifestyle changes which is going to be hard. They told him to drink water and give up diet soda but he hates plain water so it will take some willpower and work on his end. Great job on TBGS plus the ab section! I will take your word that the ab section is not good!

Cheryl Great job on S&H L&S! Heavy weight vests are wonderful for helping increase the weight. I have actually been preferring dumbbell squats to barbell squats lately. For some reason the barbell has been bothering my lower back lately. I probably need to look at my form. Wish me luck for not breaking the bank at Costco tomorrow.

Have a great day!

Cheryl Great job on S&H L&S. I am having trouble getting a barbell over my head these days too. I might have to get myself a weighted vest. Good for you spring cleaning your kitchen. I have a list of things like that to do!

Julie Great job on RWH LIHI legs scrambler. I have never looked at that premix, I might have to check it out. You might have gotten DOMS just from switching up the order of things. Little changes can really make a difference. Wow, 2-3 migraines a monthseems like a lot, I know how debilitating they can be. I hope that he is able to get some more relief. Do you think he would like some of those flavored sparkling waters? I really like those as a change of pace from regular water. Oh boy Costco! I am proud of myself if I can make it out of there for under $100. It's usually closer to 200! Good luck!

This morning I did Step Works. That is one of my favorite of the oldie step workouts. It has a lot of fun combos and isn't really repetitive like some of the older ones. We are back to crazy weather around here. It was 80 yesterday, supposed to be in the high 60s today and is supposed to snow on Sunday! The forecast high for Sunday is 40 though, so it shouldn't stick around long if it does snow. I'm hoping that it doesn't! Have a great Friday!

Pam

The DVD's I'm talking about are the ones you use with the Turbo bar. It's in the makings. I can't wait. They should arrive in the Summer.

All look like you are doing very well. Keep up the good work.

Take care all,

Janie

Julie Great job on RWH LIHI Legs Scrambler 2. Pam is right that by switching up the order that is what gave you the DOMS. Have fun at Costco tomorrow it is hard to get out of there without spending at least $100.

Pam Good work on Step Works. I like that one too. You really do have crazy weather. With the temperature changes you need both summer and winter clothes.

Janie I am looking at pre ordering the new videos too but I want to see first how much the tower will cost when it is available to order here.

This morning I did AOLIH and added on core 1. Then I cleaned the carpets in the dining and living rooms and finished up the rest of the housework. Whew I am pooped now. I think I will sleep really good tonight.

Have a great weekend everyone.

Cheryl

Saturday I did my own timesaver version of RWH Circuit Upper Body and then added on Cycle Max. After that, I went to my parents to help them do their taxes and then DH and I ran errands including going to Costco for the first time. I am not sure we saw everything and I know we bought a bag of cheddar and caramel corn mix and ate the whole bag over the weekend (whoops). Sunday I did Pyramid Lower Body and then binge watched Grimm. We ended up getting snow last night and are still under a winter advisory until 7pm tonight. The roads were not cleared at all this morning. I was doing 40 on the interstate trying to get to work but I made it!

Pam Great job on Step Works! They told DH to not do crystal light or any of the calorie free drinks because they contain artificial sugars which can cause migraines. That’s about what we spent at Costco, $200, not counting DH’s glasses we bought there.

Janie Glad you are looking forward to the new Cathe DVDs. I am sure she will do an excellent job with them like all her DVDs.

Cheryl Great job on AOLIH + core 1 and housecleaning. My house so needs cleaned but we have things going on this next weekend so it will have to wait another couple weeks. Hope you got a good night’s sleep. Oh yeah, we spent way more than $100! But $60 of it was flea medicine for the dogs that will last a year.

Have a great day!

Janie You will have to let us know how you like the new DVDs. I have a tower, but am on the fence on whether or not I want to get the new DVDs.

Cheryl Great job on AOLIH and core 1. I have carpet cleaning on my To do list too but I keep putting it off. I can imagine you were quite pooped after all of that!

Julie Great job on your timesaver version of CUB and CM, that is a lot!! I don't think it is possible to ever see everything at Costco, it's pretty overwhelming. It's also a good idea to go there hungry, since they always have so many free samples! Ooops - what happened to that bag of cheddar and caramel corn? :p It sounds like a strange mix, but it must have been good! I didn't know that they had flea control there, that is good to know!

Saturday morning I didn't work out. DH had to go to India on Saturday so I had a lazy morning with him and made a nice breakfast, then got caught up on laundry and some house work. Sunday morning I wasn't feeling great when I got up, but I decided to do To the Max. I was REALLY struggling, even had to take a break after that first opening segment. When I had to take another break after the second round of Hiit 30/20 I decided it was best to quit while I was behind. Then I did Yoga Relax Timesaver 1. After that I had a really sore throat and bad headache the rest of the day. I was really worried that I was getting sick, but I think the sore throat was just from sucking wind so hard through my mouth (mouth breather!!! :D). I was quite relieved when I got up this morning and was feeling fine. I decided to do something lighter this morning and did Cardio and Weights. That went much better :). Happy Monday everyone!

Pam

Julie Great job on your timesaver version of RWH Circuit Upper Body and Cycle Max. It is hard to see everything at Costco and I am sure it was quite crowded too. It is so easy to spend a lot of money there. I try to just go there and get what I need so I am not tempted by anything else. Umm cheddar and caramel corn mix o_O that is an interesting combination. Good work on Pyramid Lower Body. I hope the snow doesn't last long for you.

Pam Nice that you had a lazy morning with DH before he left for India. Could it have been the time change that made you feel that way? I know it really affected me this time. Good for you in trying to do TTM and knowing when to stop and then doing Yoga Relax. I am glad that you were feeling better for Cardio and Weights.

So I had a great sleep Friday night after all of my cleaning. Saturday morning I helped get our dragon boat back into the water and in the afternoon we went out for a paddle in the pouring rain. It felt good to get back out on the water even in the rain. The seals were looking at us like we were crazy :D. Sunday morning I felt so tired because of the time change. I made myself do ICE Bootcamp but I really struggled through it. The rest of the day I didn't do too much and had a nap in the afternoon. This morning I felt a lot better and did Step Fit.

Have a great day everyone.

Cheryl

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.