Strength in Numbers

Julie Good work on Live Shredded Upper Body w/Ball. I guess that is the thing with live workouts that you don't always get an intense workout. Enjoy your extra long weekend.

Pam Good job on Tabatacise and that your hip was doing fine. Nice that the tropical depression is now just a storm. I hope that is doesn't ruin your weekend.

Today for me it was 4DS LIS plus shouders, calves and core. Then I went onto the city to have lunch with my old Assistant Director. It was nice to catch up with her. I hadn't been in the city since last December, though a lot of things were the same a lot had changed as well. I think the reason I am noticing the darkness more is that I am further north than you. It probably doesn't help that we had thunder and a lot of rain today as well, it does make things seem a lot darker.

Have a great day everyone.

Cheryl

So today was 4DS Bootcamp. I was really tired today so the cardio for bootcamp just wasn't happening today. So I decided that I would just move to the weight work. Well I got through the first round fine but in the second round where you use a BB and do lying triceps extensions I dropped the BB on myself :confused:. I have no idea how I did that but at least it landed on my belly which has some fat :rolleyes:. I decided then that today just wasn't my day to workout and ended it there. With all the years that I have been working out that is the first time that I ever did that. Oh well tomorrow will be a better day (I hope) :D.

Enjoy your long weekend everyone.

Cheryl

I don't know why I've been forgetting to post! Dang, I feel like an idiot. It's been so busy right now. I know, no excuses right? You have been doing amazing with your workouts. I need a push I'm afraid, cause haven't been doing them. Ugh... Been practicing singing and playing the guitar and getting slowly back into art. I'm sorry yet Again, I'll try do be better at posting.

Janie

Janie No worries about not posting we all get busy. Enjoy doing your singing, guitar playing and your art.

So there was no dragon boating on Saturday. Everyone was away for the long weekend. Today I did some stretching on my BOSU and then got some gardening done.

Cheryl

Nothing today, but tomorrow will be a better day.

Cheryl, Great job on stretching on you BOSU. Best way to do stretching! Enjoy your garden.

Janie

Janie A rest is always good too.

Today I decided to do STS Meso 2 for this month. So I started with disc 13 chest, shoulders and triceps. In the afternoon I went out for a walk. It does feel like fall now.

I hope everyone enjoyed their long weekend.

Cheryl

Cheryl Great job on 4DS LIS plus shoulders calves and core. Nice to get into the city to see your old AD. Actually a trpical storm is worse than a tropical depression. It ended up being a hurricane by the time it hit Florida. I'm not sure what it was when it hit NC, but it was all gone by Saturday morning and the rest of the weekend was gorgeous. Oh boy, it sounds like your body was really trying to tell you you needed a rest, I hope you didn't hurt yourself when you dropped the barbell!

Janie No worries about not posting, it happens. It sounds like you have been enjoying yourself and that is what matters!

Cheryl Sorry to hear you had no dragon boating, but great job getting in some stretching and gardening. Great job on STS disc 13 and your walk.

It looks like I forgot to post on Friday, but I did Pyramid Upper body. Since we ended up waiting to go to the beach until Saturday morning I got Intensity in on Saturday before we left. We got to the beach around noon and went for a 3 mile walk on the beach after lunch. On Sunday when the guys were playing golf my friends and I went for a 20 mile bike ride, and yesterday DH and I went for a 2 mile walk on the beach. Other than that it was a lot of eating and drinking and hanging out on the beach. We didn't do any swimming because there were so many bait fish in the water. I always stay out when there are so many little fish around because you know the big fish aren't far behind :eek:This morning I did Hard Care Extreme Interval Circuit. I'm not starting a new rotation yet because we are going to the mountains this weekend for a wedding, so I will just do my own thing until then and start something new next week. Have a great day!

Pam

Wow what a busy weekend. Thursday afternoon DH got the results of his CT scan which showed nothing. He happened to have an appointment with his neurologist that afternoon (he gets migraines) and the neurologist said he thought the pain clinic nicked his nerve. He prescribed him a different pain medicine and DH has been so much better since then. I didn’t get my Thursday night workout in because I was at the doctor with DH but Friday morning I did Live Total Body Barbell Burn. It was a good workout. After that we had to take Ozzie to the vet school that is 2 hours away to have them check out his eye. He had a tumor removed last year and they were doing a follow up. So far looks good. Saturday I did Live 2016 Summer Kick Off and it was a really good workout. Kind of set up like Athletic Training but higher impact and you could heavy up on the upper body weights. After that was errands and visiting DH’s dad. Sunday was Tabatacise. I actualy made it through the whole thing without breaks and I was thrilled by that. After that, we visited my family. Monday I did my own Workout Blender creation of RWH PHAT. It was really good.

Pam Great job on Tabatacise! Glad your hip got better so quickly. Great job on PUB and Intensity before you left for the beach! Sounds like you got some exercise in with the 20 mile bike ride and 2 mile beach walk plus had fun and relaxed a little. I have never thought about how having little fish in the water would attract the bigger fish. Great job on HCE IC!

Cheryl Great job on 4DS LIS + shoulders, calves, and core. That was nice you got to catch up with your former Assistant Director. You must have been really tired. Sorry your 4DS BC didn’t go well. I’m glad you had the barbell land on your stomach and no damage was done. Great job on your Bosu workout and gardening.

Janie No worries on not posting. I am glad to hear from you from time to time and no that you are enjoying life.

Have a great day!

Pam Just my ego was hurt when I dropped the BB on myself :rolleyes:. I am glad that you had a great weekend and the tropical storm didn't ruin it for you. Good job on Pyramid Upper Body, your 3 mile walk and 20 mile bike ride. I wouldn't go in the water either with all those little fish swimming around:eek:. Way to go on Hard Core Extreme Interval Circuit.

Julie I am happy to hear that your DH has the pain under control now, that took a while. I am happy that Ozzie's eye is looking good too. Good job on Total Body Barbell Burn, Live 2016 Summer Kick Off, Tabatacise and your own RWH PHAT workout.

This morning was MMA Fusion. I forgot how hard some of those moves are. Tonight is dragon boating.

Cheryl

Last night I did my own Workout Blender compilation of RWH LI HiiT segments. It was about 40 minutes long and a good little workout. I actually burned more calories than I thought during the workout.

Cheryl Great job on MMA Fusion! That seems to be the toughest of the 3 MMA workouts. But I do love the turtle spins!

Have a great day!

Julie Good work on your own workout blender compilation of RWH LI HiiT. I thought of you when I was doing the turtle spins because I know they are your favorite.

It was so nice being on the water last night. It was calm and quiet with no boat traffic. We can't be on the water as long though as it is getting darker earlier. This morning was STS disc 14 Legs. I couldn't do the deadlifts because my lower back was protesting against them so I did hamstring roll ins on the ball instead.

Have a great day.

Cheryl

Last night I did some kettlebell workouts from Lauren Brooks called Shut Up & Train. I enjoy working with kettlebells but Lauren is no Cathe. The workouts are advanced but Lauren is kind of dry. Can’t wait to get back to Cathe tonight.

Cheryl Glad you were able to get out and do some dragon boating. Great job on STS disc 14 and subbing what works for you on deadlifts!

Have a great day!

Haven't been doing my exercises and eating poorly. Ugh... Need to get out of this slump! I don't know what happen. Any suggestions?

Pam, Great job on Pyramid Upper Body Fri. And Intensity on Sat. You go girl! And for the beach walk of 3 miles after lunch. Sunday's 20 mile bike ride and for the 2 mile walk on the beach with hubby. Smart about not getting in the water while little fish are there. Also for doing Hard Core Extreme Interval Circuit. Enjoy the mountains this weekend. Sounds like a lot of fun.

Julie, Great job on kettlebell w/o from Lauren Brooks. I'm going to have to look up Shut Up & Train. Hmmm, sounds like I should Shut Up, (LOL).

Cheryl, Glad you enjoyed the water last night. Great job on STS disc 14 legs. Also smart to listen to your body. Good job!

Take care everyone,

Janie

Julie Wow, you did have a busy weekend. I hope you got some time to relax in there at some point. Your poor DH has been dealing with that pain for a long time, I'm glad the neurologist was able to finally get him some relief! Great job on Total Body Barbell Burn. It sounds like it would be a fun one. I'm glad that all is going well with Ozzie's eye, I saw your DHs post on FB and was worried! Great job on Live 2016 Summer Kick Off . It sounds like a really good one. Congratulations on getting through Tabatacise without breaks. That is always a huge accomplishment! Great job on you RWH PHAT creation too!

Cheryl I'm glad it was only your ego that was hurt, hopefully it recovered quickly ;) Great job on MMA fusion and those turtle spins!

Julie Great job on your RWH LI Hiit creation, it sounds like you are getting good with the workout blender :D

Cheryl It sounds like your evening on the water was wonderful. It's so nice to be on the water when there isn't a lot of traffic. That is one thing we miss since we joined our little lake - just hanging out on the lake for the evening. Great job on STS disc 14 too, sorry to hear that your lower back was giving you grief, I hope it is feeling better.

Julie Great job on your kettlebell workout. There are some other instructors that I like, but no one comes close to Cathe fof overall workout quality and consistency.

I didn't get a chance to post yesterday but I did 2 sections from my new Mindy disk. One was Little Hiit, which is 75 seconds rest followed by 60 seconds of hiit. There were 8 rounds of that. She kept saying it's only called Little because of the name of the guy who invented the concept but there is nothing Little about it. I think the next section was called Fartlik, although that looks funny when I'm typing it! It was something like 30 seconds rest/10 seconds intense+20 seconds rest/20 seconds intense+10 seconds rest/30 seconds intense. I'm not sure I got those splits quite right. It was pretty good though. Then this morning I did Athletic Training which I haven't done in ages. I hope everyone has a great day!

Pam

Julie Good job with the Shut Up & Train kettlebell workout. I find that it is hard to find another instructor who comes close to Cathe.

Janie Sorry that you are in a slump. I have no suggestions for the exercises but for the eating being prepared is key. Make sure that you have lots of healthy food around and prepare meals and snacks in advance. Good luck I know it is hard to get back into a routine.

Pam Good work on Little Hiit and your Fartlik workouts. I did Fartlik training when I used to run. Good job on Athlectic Training too.

This morning I did ICE LIS 1 and core 2 then I got some housework done. This evening I went dragon boating with another team who I have paddled with in the past. It was such a nice night and we went until it got dark.

Cheryl

Janie I'm sorry to hear you are in a slump :( Sometimes you just need to make yourself do it for a day or two to get back into the swing. Hang in there my friend!

Cheryl Great job on ICE LIS 1, core 2, housework, and dragon boating. It sounds like you had a really nice evening!

This morning was Imax for me. Always a goodie. I have some running around to do this morning and then off to the mountains for the wedding. It looks like the weather will be perfect. Have a great weekend.

Pam

Last night was Live Boxing, HiiT Blasts, and Core. It was a good workout. The core wasn’t killer but it seemed to drag on forever. I am so excited the weekend is here. This week has been so busy at work. DH let me know we need to give Ozzie a bath tonight because he got out of the yard and rolled around in the neighbor’s yard and came back covered in poo. He got him wiped down but I think I will feel better when he is bathed. Why are dogs so crazy like that?

Janie Hmm. I don’t know that I have any good suggestions except maybe finding an activity you enjoy doing. Maybe it is different than what you have done in the past. Something that will get you excited to do it. Shut Up & Train is six 15 minute workouts. Lauren is pretty dry so it is not super exciting but they are effective workouts.

Pam Great job on your Mindy workout! The different splits sound interesting. I have heard of Fartlek as an interval training style. Great job on Athletic Training and Imax! Hope you have a great time in the mountains!

Cheryl Great job on ICE LIS 1 + core 2 and housework plus dragon boating! How much longer will you be able to do dragon boating?

Have a great weekend!

Pam Good job on Imax. Enjoy the wedding this weekend.

Julie Good work on Live Boxing, HiiT Blasts and Core. Too funny about Ozzie rolling around in the poo. Our cats do that too but thankfully it is only dirt they like to roll around in. We are hoping to continue dragon boating until the end of October, but it all depends on the weather and how many people we can get out.

This morning was STS disc 15 Back and Biceps then I got the rest of the housework done. In the afternoon I went for a walk, it was nice and quiet with all the kids back in school.

Have a great weekend everyone.

Cheryl

Another fast weekend. Saturday morning I did a Workout Blender creation that I made called XTrain Bootcamp. It was a cardio and leg segment from Cardio Leg Blast followed by two upper body moves from the non-Burn Sets workouts. It was good but the one problem with the Workout Blender I have is that sometimes the chapters include extra time where Cathe is talking which makes for extra rest time in a workout when I was hoping it was faster paced. It was still a good workout but I wish the chapters were better on target with the start and finish of an exercise. After that it was CleanMax. I cleaned like crazy and then spent some time packing. DH and I are leaving for Hawaii on Thursday morning and I wanted our checked bags packed. Sunday was Pedal Power Extreme and it was a sweaty mess. After that I was lazy the rest of the day and binge-watched Psych on Netflix.

Cheryl Great job on STS disc 15 Back and Bis plus housework and a walk! Are you doing an STS rotation or just doing some of the workouts? Oh that would be good to keep going until October with dragon boating.

Have a great day!

Julie Great job on Live Boxing, HiiT Blasts, and Core. Oh boy, that darn Ozzie rolling in poo, I hope you got him all cleaned up. What a mess!

Cheryl Great job on STS disc 15 Back and Biceps and your enjoyable walk!.

Julie I hear ya on the fast weekend. I even took Friday off and it just flew. Great job on your latest creation of XTrain Bootcamp. I had some trouble when I tried to use the workout blender because it is sometimes hard to tell exactly what a chapter consists of. Great job on cleanmax too. Hawaii?! How exciting! How long will you be there? Where in Hawaii are you going? I know you will have a fantastic time!

The wedding was beautiful and the weather was perfect. It was outside at a winery and the ceremony was outside beside a stream. The sun came out from behind the clouds just as the bride started walking down the aisle, which was so cool. Her mom (my GF) made her dress and it was just gorgeous. We had a lot of fun. We rented a cabin with some other friends and we went shopping in town in the morning while the guys played golf. This morning I did RWH Hiit circuit upper body. I need to get a rotation picked out now though. I hope everyone has a great day!

Pam

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.