Still losing on intermittent fasting..added new twists!

horselady21

Cathlete
I haven't posted in a while, so I figured I would update before heading for vacation next week.

Since starting intermittent fasting in mid-April, starting at 176 lbs., today I weighed in at 151.6. My original goal on here was 160. I blew that away, and reset my goal to 150 by vacation, which I will make. My next and last goal will be 130, which I haven't seen since FIFTH GRADE! Can I do it?! Yes, I can!

So, last you probably read, I was doing 16:8. Since then, I switched to all meat/fat diet (kind of Paleo but beyond that...very high protein here). I still do 1 or 2 free days, but since my carb cravings are pretty much gone, they don't amount to much. I might have a biscuit with dinner, and a helping of noodles or potatoes. One day a week, I allow myself a sinful treat of chocolate and peanut butter in some form. That is for mental health!

The last 2 weeks, I have eased into 19:5, or what is known as the Fast 5 Diet. Although I hate to call them diets, since this is my way of life now. Anyway, since I am getting so very close to my goal, I don't want to chance a plateau at this point. Hence the change.

I am still doing an occasional short HIIT workout but have slacked off the last few weeks because of overtime at work. I will try to get more in this week since I will be hitting the beach soon! What a difference this year will make...25-30 lbs lighter. Beach pics will be interesting, to say the least! I will post some before and afters.

Back from the best vacation ever! Attached are a few pics. About 20 lbs lighter than last year. I ate freely and then some while away but am going to have a super August and will be going all the way this time!

Attachments

• _MG_7247.JPG
    _MG_7247.JPG
    647.1 KB · Views: 88
  • _MG_7103.JPG
    _MG_7103.JPG
    303.6 KB · Views: 81
  • _MG_7140.JPG
    _MG_7140.JPG
    329.7 KB · Views: 78
  • _MG_7166.JPG
    _MG_7166.JPG
    363.5 KB · Views: 77
Hi!

I have just started doing the intermittent fasting where I eat between a timed window. In 2 days down 4.6 lbs (I am sure it is water weight but if this continues, I'll be a happy camper!) I may mix my weeks with a few regular fast/low cal days. Thanks for all your inspiration!!

Denise

This is interesting. did you buy the book or just read stuff online about this way of eating. Sounds interesting. do you do the 5 hour window of eating 7 days a week? I am only asking because on weekends, hubby and I eat irregularly may eat breakfast and then nothing til dinner.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.