Statement of Accountability and Determination

Annabelle2

Cathlete
I not a frequent poster although I have been doing Cathe workouts for years. I was in the best shape of my life due to her workouts and healthy eating for several years. I had difficulty with an anxiety disorder/depression many years ago and after a long bout with medication cleaned it all up and took care of it with diet and exercise - I began having trouble again in latter 2009 and am recently coming out of it (sadly) much out of shape. I have tossed all my meds (three weeks ago) and have come out of my "fog". I feel better today than I have all year. (I do believe in listening to your doctor and that medicine is useful, but in my case I am sure I was over medicated) I am ready to commit to getting back in shape and am going to be following Cathe's STS program with some extra cardio (just because I love cardio). I love kettlebells and boxing and will incorporate that as some extra metabollic training whenever possible. I am anxious to get back to where I was but I know it may take a little longer since I am older (50s) to get it back. But I am determined and will not give up. I have put on about 40 (gulp) lbs in the process of getting my anxiety/depression under control so this won't be a piece of cake - my mantra - Discipline, Determination, Dedication. Thanks for listening

Annabelle2, I am in the same boat as you. I had finally gotten into fantastic shape when life handed me some lemons in 2009. Instead of making lemonade, I ate everything in sight, stopped exercising completely, and gained about 40 pounds. I've gotten about 10 pounds off through healthy eating, but I still haven't gotten back into exercising. So, I will join you in your mission! I'm proud of us for making the decision to be healthier & happier - so go knock 'em dead!!

Hi. I don't know if you remember me but we used to post together in a check in quite some time ago. I just wanted to wish you well on your journey back to health and happiness! Good for you that you are overcoming this hurdle!

Great post!

You'd be welcomed if you wanted to join us over on our check in group, Getting Our Licks In, by the way - we're helping each other with our fitness and other goals. Or, there may be other teams here you'd enjoy. You can't beat a team for helping maintain energy and accountability!

Annabelle2,

I also believe you were over medicated in your case. Sometimes they (pills) do more harm than good. Good that you saw it before there was a no return.

The 40 pounds will come off like melting butter, now that you are willing to work hard. I suggest the STS series both weight lifting and cardio. All you have to do is modify where needed as long as you give it your all, you will be in the best shape ever!

Congratulations for coming back and mostly for not giving up. You are an inspiration because of it.

Wonderful people here to get you inspired and on your way to a better you.

Keep us updated during your life with exercising and eating right, OK?

Janie

Robin, Dixiedog, Jane A, Travis and Jane - Thank you for your support

Cristy - I will cheer you on and watch your progress to be sure - ((Hug)) it is hard but I am determined as I can see that you are

Wendy - I DO remember and thank you so much for the encouragement!

Shadowpup - thank you the invite - you are so right about team work

Janie - I sure hope the pounds come off like butter -- my body has changed a lot due to age since the last time......but I am a person who always goes "expecting" so I know I am going to have results!!!! I will join a check in and I forgot to add that I will be eating clean and monitoring my calories/ratios until I hit the right combination - I used to do extremely well on 40/30/30 and that is where I will start :)

Thank you so much for your support!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.