SS/PP workout from Jillybean

mogambo

Cathlete
I did upper body today using the accursed SS/PP DVD and I wanted to type out the whole thing in case any of you feel inspired. I do not find this DVD very useful, but this workout, which I adapted from a suggestion posted by Jillybean, allows me to vary my workouts. I do get tired of PUB, ME premix, S/H, CTX upper body, etc.

I work off the mix and match menus of both SS and PP and do the exercises back to back, as soon as I finish one I start the next.

PP Warmup
PP bench press -3 sets, first 2 with 30 lb dumbells, 3rd one with 25s
PP chest flies-2 sets with 20 lb dbs
SS chest flies-1 set with 16 lb dbs

PP dead rows-2 sets, first w/ 50 lb bar, 2nd with 45 lbs
SS pullovers-2 sets, first w/ 25 lb db, 2nd w/ 20 lb db
PP one arm rows- 2 sets, first with 25 db, second with 20 lb
PP fonz exercise- 2 sets with 1 lb wrist weights in hands

PP inverted shoulder press-1 set ( I have to do this first, or I can't do it)
PP front delt raises-2 sets with one 16 lb db
PP rear delt raises- 1 set with 5 lb dbs
SS seated overhead press-2 sets, first w/ 16 lb db, second w/ 14 lb db
SS DB shoulder work- 1 set with 5 lb dbs
SS shoulder rotators on ball- 1 set w/ 5 lb db

SS lying tricep extensions- 2 sets, first w/ 10 lb db, 2nd w/ 8 lb db
PP dips/kickbacks- 2 sets first dips, then kickbacks, twice, first with 7 lb db, then 5 lb
SS seesaw pushups- 1 set, and I can't go down far as I'm really tired

PP hammer/traditional curls-2sets, 1st w/ 14 lb db, 2nd w/ 12 lb db
SS concentration curls-1 set Oh...My....Gawd 12 lb db

PP abs, then all 4 SS abs, then SS stretch

It takes just over an hour.

I like to make combos of these 2 workouts also and feel very challenged that way. I don't have the DVD, but for upper body I do PP twice and SS once. For lower body, I do PP once and SS twice. I always combine these two workouts into one tough upper or lower workout.

Erica

Thanks Liane :) Combining the upper protion of PP & SS looks great. I have had nice workouts doing one or the other and repeating the UP sections 2-3 times. This is a combination I will try.

Hello,

I did SS lower body blast premix last night. IT was the first time I tried this one. I loved it. It is 33 minutes long and it is 3 sets of the leg work in SS. That third set of the one legged squats was a killer..

PP and SS can be great! I enjoy just doing PP as is when I need a weight workout but don't feel like going all out..

Have a great day!!

Beverly

In its patterning and intensity, this strikes me as another version if CTX upper body split!

Liane: glad to hear you found a use for these two videos after all!

Clare

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.