sports bras

angie

Cathlete
Lately when I get near the end of one of Cathe's tapes, my breasts start to really hurt. According to my OB-GYN, this is due to my sports bra. I have several different bras and they all give me problems. Does anybody have any suggestions for me? I am not terribly busty (36B). Thanks!

What I do

I wear a regular cross in the back bra with my sports bra. Iam not terribly busty either but I can't stand what I do have bouncing around. If you cant' find a regular bra with good support that crosses in the back. Just buy the regular one, cut the straps, add elastic, cross the straps and reattach. It works great and it gives support.

Check out Title 9

Angie:

You might want to check out a Title 9 Sports catalog. They give the absolute best descriptions of several different styles of sports bras. They also rate them and indicate what size they recommend a particular style to. They have a web site, but I don't remember the address for certain. I think it is www.title9sports.com, but I will double check or somebody else here will know it and can correct me.

Another suggestion is that you make sure your bra is the correct size. You might be getting a size too big. You could also try wearing 2 sports bras. I used to do that until I found some better bras. I would try wearing a smaller size underneath and a size larger on the outside.

Good sports bras are expensive. The ones I get are nearly $40, but well worth it.

THANKS!

Title 9 has so many choices of sports bras!
Thanks so much for the valuable information.
I am ordering something from them today!

Athleta, too

I also just ordered from Title 9 for the first time and the bras are great.

I also just got a catalog and ordered from Athleta (www.athleta.com). They had some really nice, extremely soft camisoles & tanks with good support (nothing for high impact though) some bras. They had other good fitness clothing too. They, too, do a good job rating their bras, etc.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.

Back