Spin Bikes

WISP

Cathlete
Now that I am going to have to get a spin bike as I will not be able to resist spinning and Cathe together.
Who has advice on spin bikes? Do you have one you love? Hate? Sort of love except for one or 2 things>

Thanks
Wisp

Great questions! I was thinking those very same things! What features should I look for in a spin bike?
Hope to get a response.
Colleen

Last edited:
Thanks Judi. I am looking at an Xterra one right now as well from Costco. Does anyone have one of those? I live in approximately the middle of nowhere so getting deliveries here is not always easy. I know they will deliver

I have a Schwinn ic Pro model and it is the same we use at our local gym. My DH bought it as a gift for me. It is very sturdy and I have not had any trouble with it. If you have a local bike shop, they may have spin bikes or would be able to help with shipping or set up...the local bike shop here actually maintains the gym bikes, so maybe they can also help recommend a home version? I love taking spin classes, but my favorite instructor moved 2 hours away, and the only other classes are held at 5:00 am...(yuck)! So having Cathe produce a spin dvd is an absolute dream come true! So many other spin dvd's are just plain boring and I just can't get into them...i'm sure Cathe will have us pumped!

I have the Spinning bike from Spinning.com. They have several versions, depending on how much you want to spend. The "gym" bikes are usually around $1200. I got the "home" bike, which was $600. Looks exactly like the ones in the gym, but with a slightly smaller footprint and designed for home-level use, versus 8 hours a day in a gym. Love it - very solid, sturdy, takes up less space than I anticipated it would. Fully adjustable. (www.spinningtv.com for the home version or www.spinning.com to see the all options)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.