Sound familiar?

ashleyann

Cathlete
I was just reading about people camping out and some acting pretty crazy for the new Playstations (I actually saw people camping out yesterday in pouring rain and high wind). Well, I couldn't help but think back to a time not too long ago when it was sort of like that awaiting Cathe's DVD's (not to that extent of course). I had to laugh because if those DVD's had been sold in stores, I bet alot of us would have camped out to get them! Evidently these Playstations were supposed to be in stores awhile ago but something happened and they were delayed. Sound familiar? It makes me think of one of the posts on the forum, someone said that the UPS guy had already dropped off her DVD's but she couldn't find them and she was going all over her house trying to find them and her brother said,"You look like you lost your crack rock!" (or something like that). I thought that was funny. Anyways, the whole Playstation thing made me chuckle :) .

Ashley

I was just reading about people camping out and some acting pretty crazy for the new Playstations (I actually saw people camping out yesterday in pouring rain and high wind). Well, I couldn't help but think back to a time not too long ago when it was sort of like that awaiting Cathe's DVD's (not to that extent of course). I had to laugh because if those DVD's had been sold in stores, I bet alot of us would have camped out to get them! Evidently these Playstations were supposed to be in stores awhile ago but something happened and they were delayed. Sound familiar? It makes me think of one of the posts on the forum, someone said that the UPS guy had already dropped off her DVD's but she couldn't find them and she was going all over her house trying to find them and her brother said,"You look like you lost your crack rock!" (or something like that). I thought that was funny. Anyways, the whole Playstation thing made me chuckle :) .

Ashley

Ashley,

It is really crazy huh?? You would never see me fighting over video games.. but don't come between me and my Cathes!!! }(

Ashley,

It is really crazy huh?? You would never see me fighting over video games.. but don't come between me and my Cathes!!! }(

People get crazy over different things.

I know I waited on line at a toy store to be put on pre-order list for playstation 2 when it first came out 6 years ago! That was mine and DH's first Christmas together (dating) and I was bound and determined to get it for him! I didn't camp out and actually the line I waited in was only a few people long. I think I got one of the last ones available! LOL

I wonder if he would do that for me if Cathe vids WERE sold in stores??? Things that make ya go HMMMMMMMMM. ;)

People get crazy over different things.

I know I waited on line at a toy store to be put on pre-order list for playstation 2 when it first came out 6 years ago! That was mine and DH's first Christmas together (dating) and I was bound and determined to get it for him! I didn't camp out and actually the line I waited in was only a few people long. I think I got one of the last ones available! LOL

I wonder if he would do that for me if Cathe vids WERE sold in stores??? Things that make ya go HMMMMMMMMM. ;)

I have this mental picture of the whole Cathe crowd standing in line to get the videos - all by order number. A whole bunch of type A personalities - a lot of us are, or have traits - all standing in line to get Cathe's videos. *shudders* Glad it's all mail order!!! :+

I have this mental picture of the whole Cathe crowd standing in line to get the videos - all by order number. A whole bunch of type A personalities - a lot of us are, or have traits - all standing in line to get Cathe's videos. *shudders* Glad it's all mail order!!! :+

Oh lordy, & I can see us trying to kick the crap out of each other w/a KPC combo to get to the front of the line. }(

I worked at Montgomery Ward when the Cabbage Patch Kids came out. I never saw such a spectacle in my life. Xmas season they opened at 6 am & the line stretched from the front door all the way around to the back of the store. For a doll, for pete's sake.

Oh lordy, & I can see us trying to kick the crap out of each other w/a KPC combo to get to the front of the line. }(

I worked at Montgomery Ward when the Cabbage Patch Kids came out. I never saw such a spectacle in my life. Xmas season they opened at 6 am & the line stretched from the front door all the way around to the back of the store. For a doll, for pete's sake.

yep they were lined up at the beginning of this week in front of our best buy. the guy in the store said he would be lucky to get 15 playstations for the 50 ppl that sit out for it. he also pointed out that the same ppl get upset when there are recalls or something goes wrong. me, if i do ever get it, i will wait until the price comes down. from what i seen its just a mini computer with better graphics, BIG DEAL!!!! i still have the same damn game cube i had 2 years after it first came out. couldn't be happier b/c i don't play it that much and when i do, it keeps me busy.

same thing when it comes to new videos, doesn't matter who, i will get them eventually, but i have plenty to keep me busy otherwise.

kassia

http://www.picturetrail.com/ldy_solana

"And do what thee wilt as long as ye harm none"

yep they were lined up at the beginning of this week in front of our best buy. the guy in the store said he would be lucky to get 15 playstations for the 50 ppl that sit out for it. he also pointed out that the same ppl get upset when there are recalls or something goes wrong. me, if i do ever get it, i will wait until the price comes down. from what i seen its just a mini computer with better graphics, BIG DEAL!!!! i still have the same damn game cube i had 2 years after it first came out. couldn't be happier b/c i don't play it that much and when i do, it keeps me busy.

same thing when it comes to new videos, doesn't matter who, i will get them eventually, but i have plenty to keep me busy otherwise.

kassia

The ones sitting outside our stores are all buying them to sell on eBay. Evidently they are going for $3000+! WTH? Would you pay that kind of money for something you can get for a couple of hundred in a few months?

The ones sitting outside our stores are all buying them to sell on eBay. Evidently they are going for $3000+! WTH? Would you pay that kind of money for something you can get for a couple of hundred in a few months?

>The ones sitting outside our stores are all buying them to
>sell on eBay. Evidently they are going for $3000+! WTH?
>Would you pay that kind of money for something you can get for
>a couple of hundred in a few months?

heck no, i won't even stand outside for what it cost now, it will be cheap enough soon. but everybody has to be the FIRST to have it. some use it as that status symbol of COOL. my daughter, she will be happy to see that new bike under the tree this year, as well as all the "car" merchandise i just got(lamp, comforter,chair- all together less then what these ppl are paying for this stupid game LOL).

kassia

heck no, i won't even stand outside for what it cost now, it will be cheap enough soon. but everybody has to be the FIRST to have it. some use it as that status symbol of COOL. my daughter, she will be happy to see that new bike under the tree this year, as well as all the "car" merchandise i just got(lamp, comforter,chair- all together less then what these ppl are paying for this stupid game LOL).

kassia

It's funny that you say that! DH was just on Ebay 15 minutes ago saying to me "damn, I wish we had the new playstation! (to sell) look at how much they are selling for!!!" and yes, you are right Christine...$2000+ easy! YIKES! People are out of thier friggin minds! :eek:

It's funny that you say that! DH was just on Ebay 15 minutes ago saying to me "damn, I wish we had the new playstation! (to sell) look at how much they are selling for!!!" and yes, you are right Christine...$2000+ easy! YIKES! People are out of thier friggin minds! :eek:

I also can't believe the line for a video game. here some started to line up three days ago!! and someone is still camped out at Wal-Mart, don't know why, unless they are waiting for the new shipment on those. Me I want the New Nintendo WII but won't stand in line for it.

I also can't believe the line for a video game. here some started to line up three days ago!! and someone is still camped out at Wal-Mart, don't know why, unless they are waiting for the new shipment on those. Me I want the New Nintendo WII but won't stand in line for it.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.