So what is your favorite hobby?

Maybe it sounds boring, but reading is my number one hobby.

I used to like to write, but, now that it's my job, it's hard to do it for enjoyment anymore.:(

Reading, gourmet cooking (and eating!), and I used to do improvisational comedy theatre and dance (not simultaneously) but I don't have time for that since I've gone back to school. I really miss it and promise to get back into it when I finally graduate--at age 39! :eek:

I do consider working out to be my hobby. I love fashioning mish-moshes and custom DVDs for my home workouts, and I seriously love my weekly ritual of designing an extended aqua workout for myself and my aqua-workout buddy Diana for our weekly Saturday get-togethers. I hate repeating a format, so it takes a bit of time to come up with something new different. But it's really, really fun.

In college I loved making collages out of posterboard and magazine clippings, and if I say so myself I got quite good at it for an amateur. Collage-making is on my to-do list. This thread, actually, has inspired me to start thinking more seriously about it. Thanks, peeps!

A-Jock

the Cathe forum

Ok, I'm being honest. Seriously, I look over here way too much. lol! :p Making rotations is fun. Seeing what everyone is doing is fun. I like to tweet.

My real hobbies are playing piano (20 years! I have a 7 ft. concert grand) , fiddle, cooking/baking (flax muffins this morning), and watching tv (Criminal Intent, Leverage, Rescue Me, Warehouse 13, Bizarre Foods, Eureka, Weeds). I love shows. I also go on meetups for dim sum and photography. But, I am a photographer so its not really a hobby. I'm still learning my craft so I guess its a bit of both. I have a vegetable/flower garden with tomatoes, roses, red/orange daisies, and a fern. I also have both red and green hen/chicks which is a kind of succulent. I have three orchids in the house, two are purple and one is white. I love them. I also have a cat but she is not really a hobby, she lives here! Also, I'm in a Harry Potter/fantasy reading book club. We have a meeting tonight.

Looking for work. Thats my other hobby. I'm always looking on job lists and posting resumes. I am not getting paid and I have this fleeting feeling that I might get some traction, its almost addicting!

Last edited:
Does hanging out here on these boards and reading blogs on SparkPeople count?

I guess working out and reading would be my hobbies. I would like to take up cross stitching so maybe I will try that.

Jenn

I'm with Debbie (aka FitnessFrieak) except mine is knitting! I LOVE to knit socks! I don't do adult garments other than socks and what clothing I do make is for my niece and nephew who are a year old.

Hobby

Crafting stained glass must be fun. :)

I love making wire jewelry!! I'm obsessed with beads & wire, and all things related. :eek:

As a Mom of two I've found I can only have really "one" hobby (timewise, moneywise, etc)... and that would be scrapbooking. I'm addicted to say the least. I love that it's a combination of two things I really love (taking photos and *trying* to be creative). I also rest easy knowing when I'm 90 years old and wearing my dentures I'll be able to look back through my scrapbooks and see what my kids were up to at age 2 and 4. :p

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.