So what are you reading now?

I home school and I am in the process of previewing all the books my son will read as we study American History next year (9th grade)--in no particular order....

Right now: Farewell to Manzanar (an autobiographical account of one woman's experience in a Japanese internment camp during WW2) and The Slopes of War (about the battle of Gettysburg). I've got about 25 books to read over the summer, so it will keep me busy for a while.

Maggie:)

Liann:

I just started Stephanie Meyer's new book. It's call The Host. I just got it and am only a few short chapters in, but the premise is interesting. I loved the Twilight series. Looking forward to the next one.

lynda

April, you are a 7th day Adventist aren't you?:) I recognize that book, because I was raised a seventh day myself.EG White is the church's "prophet" correct?

>>I'm reading the June edition of Fitness Magazine! ;) j/k
>>
>>Actually, I keep meaning to pick up another book since
>>finishing the Twilight series. I will have to check out
>some
>>of the titles you gals have mentioned.
>
>Liann, did you hear that the fourth and final book in the
>Twlight series is coming out in August? You can pre-order it
>on Amazon!:)

I know, I REALLY need to get that pre-ordered! Thanks for the reminder! ;)

I just finished the entire series of the Shopaholic books. I think I am going to try "Good in Bed" by Jennifer Weiner. The twilight series were really cute for teeny bopper books. Can't wait till the movie comes out. Same with Shopaholic! Oh, I do want to read "Revolutionary Road" before that movie comes out. :)

>Liann:
>
>I just started Stephanie Meyer's new book. It's call The
>Host. I just got it and am only a few short chapters in, but
>the premise is interesting. I loved the Twilight series.
>Looking forward to the next one.
>
>lynda
>

Lynda - I saw that one advertised. Let me know how you like it!

I've just finished Angela's Ashes by Frank McCourt and have started on the sequel 'Tis - can't seem to put these books down.

Meg

Boingo, I didn't even bother trying to finish that book!! Eat, Love and Pray. I've just finished marian Keyes new one, This Charming Man, excellent .

I've a wish list with Amazon so I shall have to buy that list as I'm now re-reading books.

Andrea

Just finished Jeffery Archers- Prisoner of Birth. really good!
I am now reading Jodi Piccouts newest- change of heart.

I also would recommend the author Marissa de los Santos- she wrote Love walked in and her newest Belong to me. These are great books and also good for book clubs to discuss.

Deanie

I actually feel rather inadequate.....all I have been reading lately are paperback "Brain Candy" books;-)

I'm an armchair mountain climber. I love adventure books, I'm reading Ed Viesture's "No Shortcuts To The Top" about his mountain climbing stories.

STILL reading The Mist of Avalon. I'm almost finished and next up is Kabul Beauty School by Deborah Rodriguez. My son and I read together and we just finished Little House on the Prairie and we both LOVED it. Next is Peter Pan and Carry On, Mr. Bowditch.

I just finished "Code Orange". It's a young adult book but I LOVED it. Very good. It had a little bit of everything in it. I couldn't put it down.

Joanne

If you like silly British humor I highly suggest the Shopaholic series by Sophie Kinsella. I have read 3 of the 4 books and absolutely love them, easy summer reading!!!

Well, my eyes are still wet and misty from finishing Merle's Door: Lessons from a Freethinking Dog. I highly recommend it to all dog-lovers. Merle, as described by Ted Karasote, is an unforgettable dog. You won't get through the book without falling in love with him.

Correction: The book I am reading is called "Are you there vodka, it's me Chelsea". Not what I wrote!:7

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.